Press close

>Press close
>It actually minimizes to tray

Why is this allowed? Do software devs take users for illiterate scum? I mean yes they are, but how would they educate themselves on what does what if they keep subverting the functionality like that?

That's a good thing for some software. Anything you want to leave in background, like communication and music software.

I wouldn't close what I want to leave in background now would I? I'd rather minimize it instead. If I want to close, let me close it without additional hassle.

they think you are to stupid and kill it instead of minimizing it if you had the choice

>Press close
>Program uninstalls itself

Ironically I use Discord because every other fag does and doesn't want to use TeamSpeak, anyways it minimises to tray and there is no option to turn it off. It also has 2 settings to start when PC starts (one in msconfig and other is o ln the tray icon).

Few other programs.s do this but they have toggles.

theres worse...
>press close
>it straight up minimizes to the task bar
^skype

you read my mind, Skype can go get fucked

I have an uncanny desire to murder people who write software that takes me for a retard, is this normal?

In the absence of some technology that tells the software exactly what I want in the background, its probably better to just behave in a way that makes sense

Right click minimize -> minimize to tray. Unfortunately this behavior never caught on. The few applications that use it are nice though.

Is there any way to force apps to close that don't have options to? Discord / Skype are good examples, having to close them from the tray is annoying as fuck.

we need a fourth window control button dedicated to minimize to tray

Set up a hotkey to kill the process. I don't even bother trying to close Skype through the interface.

Well, I don't even bother with using Skype anymore.

>press close
>it closes
???

In OSX, if you want to quit something you use CMD-Q. Otherwise, exiting just closes the window.

It was weird at first (coming from Windows), but now that I'm used to it, it's a lot smarter. The windows are just GUI. Removing a GUI should not end a program.

Anyone who defends this is a reprehensible piece of shit.

>Do software devs take users for illiterate scum?
Yes, every user is a fucking retard. You don't know because you don't have to deal with them.

>Removing a GUI should not end a program.
CLOSE
MEANS
CLOSE
FAGGOT

Only by killing the process.
The implementation of the close button is totally up to the application. It could do what you want it to. But the general standard is to minimize the GUI if you're not using it and to quit on close button.

Most software made by people who aren't retarded have the option to make close minimize instead in the settings or preferences

>press close
>window closes
>you can open it again through a tray icon
hmm makes you think

Closing stuff is easier, you just have to swipe to the top right corner, no need to aim. It's reflex after a while
Minimizing it takes a little effort, not much but enough for most users

No it doesn't, it closes to tray.
And if you are a retard that still use grouped programs on taskbar you have yourself to blame.

I like this. Spotify isn't doing this on my Linux install which is annoying.

>use Mac
>press maximize
>window does not fill up entire screen
>instead it just changes shape into something else

Because apple set a precedent

I guess you haven’t used a Mac in the past three years then?

The only software I can think of that actually does this are social apps like skype or discord. I think it's actually useful so it doesn't clutter up your taskbar. What's the matter? Don't have enough ram?

Give me one good reason why it's a bad thing.

They have added an option for that in Discord Canary now

why is discord so incredibly gay

Which is why clicking the button that closes the window closes the window.

but you are a retard

also its botnet kek