I work for Comcast. Ask me anything

I work for Comcast. Ask me anything.

What's your full name and address

Do you use an IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® Processor G4620?

How many lives have you taken to maintain that company?

David Davison, 123 fake street

no

Depends if they are true virgins or not

Why are cumca$t such jewz, charging @$200/month for inet and cable?

Ask yourself why do companies make money

How much is Comcast paying Pajeet Pai to poo on the internet?

Should I upgrade to the 2gbps service?

I don't really need it since i have 1gbps already...but it's tempting.

1.5 times the amount they paid

No. 1 gig is fine, besides if NN fails, speeds won't matter.

How do you even plan to make use of 2 gbit?
Does the router have 10gbe ports?

Is CenturyLink a better ISP? I am sick of paying you guys $50 a month for 10 mbps. I can get 80 mbps from them.

>No. 1 gig is fine
yeah but the 1gbps is limited to like 30mbps upload.

The 2gbps tier is 2gbps both ways.

>Does the router have 10gbe ports
You provide your own router. They provide a Juniper ACX 2100/2200 on site to act as a fiber switch. They don't use it for routing though. (and you can't configure it to do so).

Centurylink is complete garbage, but still a step up from comcast.

How should I know. Where the fuck do you live that you have to pay $50 for 10 that sounds like BS.

Why is latency so fucking terrible? I had fiber with like 5ms pings to google and such. I moved and now have the highest tier docsis 3.1 plan and pings are 35ms+. I'm so tempted to to fuck it and get the $300/mo Comcast fiber but I can't justify spending that.

Also when I had fiber, literally never went down. In 7 years the only outages I had were from lightning hitting my house and I had to pull the battery on the media converter/fiber termination box. With Comcast it goes down at least once a week for 10 minutes. 30+minutes once a month, and I twice now in 4 months it's been down for several hours.

I failed to mention my previous fiber was with a local private telco, symmetric gigabit for $70/mo. Comcast I'm paying the same price for gigabit, but only get 40mb up

>the $300/mo Comcast fiber
it's $150/mo here locked in for 2 years.
But the $500 install and $500 activation + the costs to upgrade my network gear (router/switches and NICs) to 10GbE would be pretty expensive.

>good for unlimited devices at the same time
>not infinite amount of bandwith

A semi rural south east city in America. It is either CenturyLink or Comcast. Starting out it was just $20 for 10mbps and that was fine with me until my contract went out and they started fucking me over. Comcast went out on me 3 times last month, so I had to waste my limited data plan on re-watching my 3 hour long tethered to my phone. I am just worried that CenturyLink will be less reliable.

I pay fucking $30 for 0.8 mbs from centurylink because they have a monopoly on the area.

*3 hour long lectures (fucked that up...)
What makes CenturyLink better?

Centurylink at least rarely has outages, unlike comcast.

>You provide your own router. They provide a Juniper ACX 2100/2200 on site to act as a fiber switch.
Interesting.
My router has an SFP port that goes up to 2.5gb/s, but I'm not sure if it would be easier to go for that route or jury rig a 10gbe card into it.

Ok I would definitely pay $150/mo and the install fees. I'll see if they've lowered the price in my area. I work from home full time on vpn with video calls and shit. I cannot have packet loss and high latency all the fucking time.

Depends on your area. I've rarely had a problem.

Yeah it's been tempting for me. But i have $70/month 1gbps fiber from a competitor. So meh I'll probably stick with this for awhile.

How can I get Comcast to:
- stop sending me a POS combined router/modem to install every 6 months
- stop charging me a rental fee for equipment I own

Use your own?

Not OP, but you can definitely use your own router. I think you can still use your own modem too.
Just make sure they don't send the shitty combined ones.

OP, whatever else said. Use your own or deal with it. Comcast isn't liable though if your connection is still shit after switching to your own modem.

Why do they use that godawful router/modem for anything outside of a studio apartment? Also why did they think it was a good idea to have their low tier X1 cable box be so laggy?

Does Comcast deliberately fuck with routers that aren't their own? I've had my internet connection intermittently fall off the face of the earth when using my own router and modem, but this mysteriously disappears with the Comcast router and modem. I know other people who have had my same exact experience.

Will shitcast be going full jew when net neutrality drops off down the shitter?

guy who lives in a tiny rural bum fuck nowhere city aswell, century link is decent but they will fuck you over in tiny towns, expect them to come once a month thats fucking late in the middle of the month, also make sure you have a land line port they are old school and still use land line shit but its dsl, also there modem is fucking 100 dollars to buy because its "new technology" its bull shit if you get them make sure you complain for tethered internet its faster and has 5g shit with it.

Dude my only gripe with Centurylink is the speed. At least for me, they have no caps and the internet only goes down when the power does. FUCKING GO TO CENTURYLINK NOW FUCK COMCAST FUCK COMCAST FUCK THEM REEEEEEEEEEE

oh I forgot to mention I get 12Mb/s with CL so I'd contract aids if it meant I could get 80. Switch my man

Wouldn't be suprised, they seem to restart my Comcast router/modem quite often.
Sometimes it is rebooting & offline for a few minutes, sometimes its offline for 30+ minutes.
I've always had problems with this issue in differnet states & different residences.

On a differnet note, if net neutrality goes away I think Comcast will have a field day with charging additional fees & throttling bandwidth if you use certain services.
Nothing will stop them, remember when they got caught messing with customers who were torrenting? I remember; first hand experience!

I am perplexed that our goverment wants to block AT&T - Time Warner merger, but allowed Comacast to become a gigantic company by buying NBC/Universal; maybe it would be good for them to have a huge rival to kick their butt all around. Comcast THE WORST customer appreciation & most complaints of any US company.

tldr: Comcast sucks, they mess with your connection/equipment, but sometimes they're the only game in the town & there is nothing you can do about it; oh - did I mention they suck & I hate them?

I'm sending you pizzas

is this a lie?

In regards to those mergers, perhaps AT&T/TimeWarner merger was blocked and Comcast wasnt, was because AT&T/TimeWarner are in the same industry.

How does Comcast catch people for torrenting? It seems like my friends have only gotten caught for specific torrents.

How do you sleep at night?

He's not a pajeet.. yet