What's up with people acting like Ryzen is some amazing second coming of AMD?

What's up with people acting like Ryzen is some amazing second coming of AMD?

It's the exact same as Vishera vs Sandy/Ivy bridge!
Great for productivity and good for most games while being unlocked for OC and better value.

It's making them money and putting pressure on Intel.
It's not a holy savior but it sure isn't FX.

but AMD is more power efficient and has more cores (real cores this time)

You can thank AMD for being decent rival again so that Intel can finally add two more cores. If AMD did not deliver Zen then we are still stuck on 4C/8T Coffeelake.

In what way is it different from fx?
Power consumption? Other than that
>IPC less than Intel
>More cores than Intel
>Unlocked for OC
>Much better stock cooler than Intel
>Cheaper than Intel
The same.

Multicore is getting good now, and it has better single thread.
Compared to Intel it is in the same position, but the losses aren't as bad.

It has better single thread performance than the older AMD, but not better than Intel.

That's what I meant. The gap between the two isn't as great.

Being as good as ivy bridge is a big win.

Considering that Skylake itself was barely better than ivy bridge too.

Also considering that Kaby Lake was barely better than that
Same goes for Coffee Lake, at least for single-thread.

>Being as good as ivy bridge is a big win.
Why is this? Ivy bridge e cpus are cheap now, and have been cheap for a long time.

It bothers me how many people confuse IPC with advance brought by higher clockspeeds. It's not that hard.

FX processors just weren't that good in gayms. Oc'd Fx-6300 was of great value sure compared to locked i5s but unlocked i5s are so damn easy.

Used i7s go from 200-300€. R5s 100-200€ new.

>Used i7s go from 200-300€. R5s 100-200€ new.
See:
>Ivy bridge e cpus are cheap now
>Ivy Bridge E
Used e5-1650s go for about $100. Dumbass.

AMD struck at just the right time.
Applications always liked many cores/threads, but games are starting to do so at an increased rate.

Intel sitting on their ass for 6 years and still paygating SMT means AMD easily got away with a lower power process for the first iteration of Zen. Lower single thread, but huge value proposition in 8/16 and affordable 6/12 CPUs. Pretty much fucked up every KL CPU except for the expensive 7700K.

It's all smooth sailing for AMD. Intel had to fasttrack Coffeelake to compete, so stock is still shit, there are only expensive motherboards, 8700K much pricier than MSRP, etc.
Meanwhile all AMD have to do for now is drop prices, which is easy when ALL products in the Ryzen stack come from the same high yield CCX.

Pinnacle Ridge is right on track for February and will offset the single thread disadvantage. Meanwhile Intel are scrambling to open a new factory to stock CL, and with no clear performance improvement available in the 10nm process anytime soon, they'll have to pull out some big architectural revision if they want to compete (or throw in more cores, price cuts, etc.)

Meanwhile xeon e5-1650s are overclockable, and can be bought for about $100. Ryzen is really retarded.

>used parts are cheaper than new parts
WWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

>Ryzen is really retarded
As an 8700k owner all I can say is that you are the mentally deficient one.
Ryzen is a seriously nice line of CPU's, sure it's not the holy grail of everything computing AMD fanboys make it out to be, but it's a well performant CPU line with particular strengths in MT for a very affordable price.
It lit a fire under Intel's ass too, finally buckling the 4/8 trend.

Makes you think doesn't it. Literally a better buy than Ryzen cpus.
>As an 8700k owner all I can say is that you are the mentally deficient one.
8700k owner calling someone else mentally deficient. Irony?
>Ryzen is a seriously nice line of CPU's, sure it's not the holy grail of everything computing AMD fanboys make it out to be, but it's a well performant CPU line with particular strengths in MT for a very affordable price.
Exactly your a complete fucking retard. I just posted that overclockable 6 core xeons with 40 lanes of pcie 3.0, and 256GB max ram are available for about a $100, and you bring up Ryzen's price like it matters. ryzens aren't as cheap, and the xeon e5 is pretty fucking amazing at single thread, and multi you brainlet.

>what is warranty
>what are platform features
>what is forward compatibility
>what is limited stock on used parts
b-but muh cheap xeons reeeee

The difference is purely clocks.

First, the IPC gap isn't as large. FX was trash compared to Sandy Bridge in IPC, Ryzen is just a tiny bit behind Sky/Kaby/Coffee Lake (which each have the exact same IPC) Ryzen's real weakness is clock speeds struggling to break 4GHz, which is why people are so interested in Pinnacle Ridge, as the hope is that it will have jumped that hurdle.

Second, FX had more cores before they were being used. Like a marathon runner in a 100-meter dash, its strength was going to waste. Games are using more threads now, and quad-cores aren't good enough to keep from bottlenecking higher-end GPUs , meaning that in a generation or two, they'll be bottlenecking tomorrow's midrange GPUs.

That's the score. Along with being superior in thermals and power draw, the differences are are absolutely crucial to understanding why the reception is so (justifiably) different.

Hacocaч.

>what is warranty
I never had a cpu break, so you tell me if these are worth it.
>what are platform features
Tell me what platform features Ryzens have over Intel Sandy bridge e, or Ivy bridge e.
>what is forward compatibility
A dumb fucking concept coming from AMD especially when better performing Xeon e5s can use more ram, and have more pcie 3.0 lanes for less total cost today.
>what is limited stock on used parts
Not a fucking issue today.
>b-but muh cheap xeons reeeee
Yea you're just dumb as a bag of dildos. Someone with your brain power is better off putting a clear plastic bag over it's head, and tying a knot around your neck.

You're pretty fucking retarded for comparing an enterprise level used part with a consumer new part. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, retard.

>Thanks for pointing out the obvious, retard.
So obvious that you still argue against it. Get fucked dipshit.
Buh-buh please do the needful, and make purchase of AMD sir.

Hacocaч.

Fuck off tard. It wasn't funny the first time, and a second time just makes it spam.

Hacocaч, бoмжик.

>still comparing a pn enterprise used part witha consumer new part
>still thinking he has a point
lmao, retard continues being a retard

>still thinking he has a point
The point is that buying used xeon e5 1650 is better than buying a new ryzen you fucking half wit. Now go fuck off, and play in traffic you under-aged faggot. Sup Forums is for grown ups you mong, and there isn't any room here for coin locker babby brainlets that managed to escape an abortion.

>The point is that buying used xeon e5 1650
Now find me a mobo.

>Now find me a mobo.
Search ebay for a socket 2011 mobo yourself, and be fucking wowed.
>all of the sudden user can't do anything that a normal human with a functioning brain could.
Just fucking go away man.

>Still thinking there is a point in comparing a used enterprise part that was very expensive during its day but is cheap because it's used to a consumer brand-new part that has reasonable consumer prices
lmao, you're the fucking nitwit here, retard
There is literally no point in doing that and if you don't realize that, you're the retarded brainlet here.

>Search ebay for a socket 2011 mobo yourself, and be fucking wowed.
>chinkshit trash
Hacocaч пиздyй.

AMD no game
AMD shit

>lmao, you're the fucking nitwit here, retard
Nah. It's you, and your poo crew.
>There is literally no point in doing that and if you don't realize that, you're the retarded brainlet here.
Your just buttblasted that someone pointed out the obvious fact thatthe ryzen r3-r7s are complete waste of money, and space.

>Still thinking there's a point in the comparison
lmao, continue being a fucking retard
You're still the retarded brainlet here for not realizing that

>Contributes nothing to the thread, and spams trash.

Hacocaч, ccaный зивoнoбoмжик.
Эх щac бы ХУAHAHOM oбмaзывaтьcя.

>new stuff is a waste of time and money when you can get used stuff for cheap
WOAH! WHO WUDDA THOUGHT????

I don't know, why do people not care about efficiency and temps when AMD is better than the competition, yet when Nvidia is better than AMD at temps and efficiency everyone jerks off over it like it matters much?

>You're still the retarded brainlet here for not You are now just repeating yourself, because you can't defend your ignorant bullshit at all
.>>new stuff is a waste of time and money when you can get used stuff for cheap
Did you just figure that out dipshit? Now remember that the e5 is a better performer across the board.
>WOAH! WHO WUDDA THOUGHT????
Not you since your dumb.
Spam elsewhere kiddo.

>Second, FX had more cores before they were being used
Also had a terrible resource-sharing arrangement that fucked anything depending on FPU performance (like gaymes or most "content creation" shit)

Эх щac бы ХУAHAHЧИКOM в жoпy пoдoлбитьcя.

Why waste your money on new furniture when you can just dumpster dive, amirite? Why waste your money on anything new? Might as well get everything from a second-hand store.
Do you see now why there is literally no point in comparison between new and old when your main point is price? Of course, you wouldn't realise that right away because of how much of a fucking brainlet you are.

>not understanding obvious sarcasm
I hope you manage to have a good life ahead of you, living with autism seems hard

>Why waste your money on new furniture when you can just dumpster dive, amirite?
You really are stupid. Computers aren't pieces of furniture. They are more like tools, and buying an older xeon is cheaper, and a better fit for more computing tasks than the ryzen r7s, so fuck off faggot.
>Why waste your money on anything new? Might as well get everything from a second-hand store.
Why waste your money on something not as capable as another product that exsists, and that is available for less? You really can't comprehend this, because you are in fact a retard, and should have been casted off a cliff as a baby.
>Do you see now why there is literally no point in comparison between new and old when your main point is price?
The point is performance as well as price, and current availability. Again you are not buying furniture, or a fashion accessory. If you were then just buy an apple faggot. For gaming, and productivity performance the used xeon makes sense than a Ryzen since the xeon performs better, and is cheaper. If you like you can even buy a pink case, and paste pictures of dicks on it to make it appeal to your overbearing faggot sensibilities.
>Of course, you wouldn't realise that right away because of how much of a fucking brainlet you are.
So your argument is "buy a new ryzen, because it's new even though it's more expensive while being weaker at tasks".
Go face plant a a moving train moron.

Being such a little dicked moron that you confuse "common sense" for memetic "autism".
How many upvoots did you think that you would get with that comment?

>They are more like tools
Oh, I'm so sorry about your autism. Maybe I shoould've used "dumpster diving for for wrenches" as an example instead.
>price performance and current availability
Why buy a new wrench from the hardware store when you can just dumpster dive for old, thrown away wrenches thatnare still intact. Better value, literally infinite performance to price ratio because I got thismsick-ass wrench for free!

>core i5 3570k almost 300% faster than core 2 duo E8400

Geesh, can't believe I used that CPU all the way up to 2015. Finally ended it's misery earlier this year on it's ninth anniversary by recycling it.

;_;7

Fx was 30% behind ivy/Sandy bridge in single core performance.
Zen is about 20% iirc against skylake

>Maybe I shoould've used "dumpster diving for for wrenches" as an example instead.
>Why buy a new wrench from the hardware store when you can just dumpster dive for old, thrown away wrenches thatnare still intact. Better value, literally infinite performance to price ratio because I got thismsick-ass wrench for free!
Wait, so you don't have anything useful to say, and you are trying to get away with false equivalencies for a while now.
Just admit that you lost, and shut off your computer retard. You have no business using one. Right now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing even though I have proven you to be retarded over, and over again. Just stop.

>continues to take obvious bait as literal statements
does special school start their holidays early?

>does special school start their holidays early?
Hurr user was only pretending to be a complete fucking retard. How can I recover.

So post such graphs for Zen that would prove your otherwise obvious bullshit.
We'll talk then.

>false equivalemcies
buzzword alert, you're the retard without an argument here. If you can't show why it's not a buzzword, then you're still the autistic retard with a head denser than lead

wow, even stating that it's bait, you still reply. Thanks for the entertainment :)

intel upgraded i3 to 4 coars and i7 to 6 coars.
what else can you ask?
if they made ryzen any faster, intel might go full retard.

>buzzword alert, you're the retard without an argument here. If you can't show why it's not a buzzword, then you're still the autistic retard with a head denser than lead
Trying this hard to change the topic.
Sorry dumbfuck I reign supreme over you. I have bested you while proving that the ryzen r3-r7 are retarded abortions. Worship me, as for today I hath becAme your superior.
Oh user is so good at pretending to be a retard.
Gud bait man.

If Ryzen is 20% behind Skylake, at least 10% of that, if not more, can be attributed to clock speed. And the clock speed is process-limited; the process prioritizes maximum efficiency over maximum clocks. AMD did that on purpose so they could have EPYC, which Intel really doesn't have a good answer for. The Zen refresh on the new process that actually prioritizes maximum clockspeeds will likely clock close to 5ghz, since it is currently possible to get Ryzen to 5ghz on liquid nitrogen.

>What did you fucking say etc etc blah blah blah

Can you two exchange emails and continue sucking each others cocks via skype or something?

>change the topic
m8, by explaining why it's a "false equivalency", you are, by extension, defending thisnretarded position of yours. Go themfuck ahead, explain why comparing a used product to a used product is such a "false equivalency". Just defemd your fucking position. At this point, you're just flipping over the chess table and declaring yourself to be the winner.
>Worship me, as for today I hath becAme your superior.
Are you literally from fucking reddit? Thatwould explain why you're such a fucking retard.

>Go themfuck ahead
Did I just break your fucking brain muscle?
>Just defemd your fucking position
The position of being correct is worth "defemding" user. (fucking µ-lober).
>you're just flipping over the chess table and declaring yourself to be the winner
You lost the moment you wear born. Don't blame me for your genetics user.
>Are you literally from fucking reddit?
That would be a negative, and fuck you for being inferior to me in every way possible.
>Thatwould explain why you're such a fucking retard.
>Thatwould
Nice bait, but next time try to stay on topic friendo. Remember that this thread has a topic, and I am not the topic of this thread (I know that you are focused on me, because I have bested you proving wrong while you out yourself to be a no dicked faggot with brain problems.)
>Can you two exchange emails and continue sucking each others cocks via skype or something?
Do you really want to see this rape happen on streaming video that bad?
Anyways I grow bored of this, so I am out. Later faggots.

HYPE!

Actually nah I'm waiting for Zen APU...

you sound like an insufferable dork

Zen APUs are likely to deliver console performance in a thin and light laptop package, so yeah, I'm pretty stoked too. Unfortunately, I just bought an ultra portable for school, so I can't really justify another laptop purchase for quite some time.

>muh six core x5650
>8700k btfo
(You)

Nah I just wanna be able to stick a nice quiet and small PC under my TV.

An A8 7650k would have done all I needed but I figured I'd wait for Zen for the extra performance.

You're the retard complaining about changing the topic and here you are changing the topic, focusing on petty bullshit like typos. Let me steer your retarded ass back on topic.
Here are three reasons why there is no point to your stupid comparison in the first place
>comparing an enterprise product to a consumer product
>comparing a brand new item to a used item
>emphasizing the price difference between new item and old item
in many instances, the price of a used product depends more on the circumstances of the acquisition than it does on the actual value of the product. This is the reason why I've been placing a heavy emphasis on dumpster diving, you insufferable red.ditard. I could just stalk a university and get one one of their decommissioned core2quad computers and shit all over the modern pentiums for having a shit price to performance ratio. Not only that, you're comparing an enterprise level part to a cinsumer part. No shit that the enterprise part is going to stay strong after years because it's got ampretty high performance ceiling in the first place. Fuck off back to redbit and stay there, you fucking autismo.

>getting btfoed so hard that you wait to respond after the guy leaves.
lel nu Sup Forums.

>samefagging to hide the fact that you didn't really leave

shit thread tbqh

>samefagging to hide the fact that you didn't really leave
How bad do you want this to be actually true?
Nigga got ptsd from old posts.

Why do you continue to pretend? Just be honest, you didn't really leave. You were just bluffing and was just actually pressing F5 over and over again.

>Why do you continue to pretend? Just be honest, you didn't really leave. You were just bluffing and was just actually pressing F5 over and over again.
People like you can't be saved.
I'm leaving now user.

For real, this time?

ipc clock vs clock ryzen is in front moron we literally know this since day 1

>IPC less than Intel
Ryzen has shit tons of more IPC than Intel.
>Much better stock cooler than Intel
FX has had trash cooler

Nothin personnell

>Ryzen has shit tons of more IPC than Intel.
Sauce on this senpai. No bait.

some clock for clock cherrypicked cinebench bullshit

Except intel still wins in 99% of games clock for clock, look how the 8400 at 3.8GHz can beat a Ryzen at 4GHz. Saying AMD has more IPC than Intel is fanboyism.

no it's not fanboyism per se
singlethreaded with unicorn memory ryzen's ipc is pretty good
too bad it's kinda meaningless

>Muh gay men

Intel right now can do 2 full and 4 half instructions per cycle, that is all.
Ryzen can do 6 full cycles.

This isn't fanboyism this is ability to read specifications sheet.

>Intel right now can do 2 full and 4 half instructions per cycle, that is all.
>Ryzen can do 6 full cycles.
How does this translate in real world performance?

if you have 6 full length instructions then Ryzen is 3 times as fast to solve the problem.

nothing when they're hamstrung by communication between CCX and a need for fast RAM

It;s even synthetics you moron, both CPU-Z and Cinebench typically put Ryzenaround Haswell/Broadwell single thread clock for clock.

you seem upset though

>muh gaymen
>AdoredTV showed that newer games are already abusing the i5's small core count

Intel's panic makes my heart warm.

>if you have 6 full length instructions then Ryzen is 3 times as fast to solve the problem.
I understand that, but do you have sauce that backs up the performance gains over intel cpus?
>a need for fast RAM
My understanding is that all platforms will benefit from faster ram.

I'm not even trying to bait anyone. I just would appreciate some sources to these positive/negative claims.

>I understand that, but do you have sauce that backs up the performance gains over intel cpus?
It's simple right,

You go and find Datasheet on Intels cpu and compare it to AMD once, it's public info both have it on their websites.

You go into instruction sets of current x86 CPUs and see how many and how used are instruction sets of what size.

RAM speed only starts to matter for the AMD processor once a multithreaded latency-sensitive application starts going beyond the CCX. Te closest a normie can get to such an application are games.

Probably noe, people here always hype up white paper features and come up with some scenario where AMD can theoretically win, but then it turns out to have no noticeable impact on performance because it's bottlenecked in other areas. This happens literally every single AMD product cycle, Vega was by far the worst. Look at HBCC, it's a neat feature and it's working as intended as shown by the Superposition benchmark, but has no impact to average FPS since it's no the bottleneck. Vega's frontend is such a bottleneck almost none of Vega's magic white paper features matter. It's the same with Ryzen, it's CCX latency bottlenecks most of the theoretical performance so while shill will claim Ryzen is better in single thread performance the average user will never see any gains. I love AMD but AMD fanboys are easily the worst on the internet, look at AdoredTV.

>It's simple right,
It's so simple that you should post the benchmarks along with your claim.
>You go and find Datasheet on Intels cpu and compare it to AMD once, it's public info both have it on their websites.
>You go into instruction sets of current x86 CPUs and see how many and how used are instruction sets of what size.
Thanks for the information.
>RAM speed only starts to matter for the AMD processor once a multithreaded latency-sensitive application starts going beyond the CCX. Te closest a normie can get to such an application are games.
This seems like something that could be important to some musicfags.

Welp thanks for enlightening me everyone. The wealth of information that was shared with us to acompany all these claims was refreshing. Bye Sup Forums.