Dual Monitor Questions

I'm thinking about picking up a second monitor on African American Friday.

I currently have an Acer S271HL 27 inch IPS monitor. I'm thinking about getting an Asus Asus MTAS000328 27 inch IPS monitor.

My question is, will having a dual monitor setup with 2 different monitors be annoying? I imagine they will display slightly differently. What's your take on that?

Side question. I've thought about getting a 1440p monitor. I'm not sure yet. I don't like how 1080p content (which is way more common) will look worse on a 1440p display than on a 1080p. Those who have dual displays with different resolutions, is that annoying?

you can set different resolutions. its not annoying unless youre severely autistic and severely ocd.
Im using a 40" tv and a 15" square monitor. doesnt bother me at all.

bump

21:9 monitor is so much better

They're a lot more expensive, afaik.

asian detected

rofl.
Wide fucking peripheral vision.

White men need vertical space for productivity while programming.

Thus the 1:1/5:4 panel masterrace has spoken.

Then just buy a 16:9 monitor that you can turn on its side.

>16:9 monitor that you can turn on its side
>not 16:10

It's perfectly fine for work and general use. If you're playing games or watching video, you're only using 1 monitor for that anyway. If you're a professional which does some sort of color-sensitive work, you surely know best what your needs are and how to calibrate your monitors.

It can be a bit frustrating in the beginning but you get use to it after not too long. I have a 1200 and a 1050 and I enjoy having them both much much more than having one.

small differences in brightness and color are only bothersome if you try to do that surround vision/eyefinity stuff where you span a game across several monitors. I did that for a while and it was awesome when it worked, but it seldom did, and was generally an enormous pain, so don't do that.

16:9 can be fine as long as it's at least 2560x1440, though 1920x1080 portrait is narrow and shit and 1920x1200 is vastly superior.

Just use one monitor in landscape for videos and such and the other in portrait for web browsing

I didnt plan on trying that anytime soon, but it's disappointing to hear that software is wonky.

>all these niche preferences
Is this a ruse?

I'll be using them for that purpose, but I'm gonna stick with 2 landscape.

i use an old 32" samsung tv as a second monitor with a shitty resolution and its still infinitely better compared to 1

What makes having a second display so great?

>i did my best trophy
lel @amerifats

I am currenly using a 16:9 monitor in the middle and 2 3:4 monitors on the sides and I absolutely love it, them not being the same only matters if you are turning it into one big widescreen for gaming and that is a gimmick anyway.

if botth have same inches/resolution you are okey; i was using few years ago 2 monitor one 24"1080p the other a 19"720p was a litle anoying but much better than only one

why is this little shit cheering at being mated?
>inb4 he did his best