Does he have shares in ISP companies?

Does he have shares in ISP companies?
youtube.com/watch?v=csK3KspB-6A

buy an ad fucko

What is this trash? I remember his doing decent videos before.

(((Bryan Lunduke)))

He's a libertarian. It's hard to get them to accept that market failures exist.

The paradox that some government regulation can actually increase competition and economic freedom is not intuitive for many. In the case of net neutrality putting these rules in place lowers the barrier to entry for so many products and services, and creates new ones.

Actually, it doesn't matter that the market is imperfect. Liberty is more important than comfort.

I won't take a stance here I'll just try to give a summary of his opinion because Sup Forums will be too lazy to watch a half hour video.

>There were no Net Neutrality laws before 2015 and everything was mostly fine
>Selective throttling by ISPs was fought against by public outrage when it happened and it worked
>NN is inherently good but putting it inside a law is potentially opening a door towards government actively monitoring traffic with the excuse of maintaining NN
>DRM is a far bigger issue and it's being pushed by the same big companies that support NN (Google, Netflix, Microsoft) because both earns them money
>It would have been much better if this amount of effort was spent on fighting against the standardization of DRM
>People are freaking out saying that lack of NN could be used as censorship but nobody cared about DRM which is literally censorship
>This isn't about censorship this is about money

> Left 24 hour stream early after collecting enough shekels for w3c membership
> Only upgraded PC because System76 handed to him
>(((lolbergtarian)))
Typical

>> Left 24 hour stream early after collecting enough shekels for w3c membership
>joins w3c(?)
>achieves 0 (ZERO) things
It was his plans all along, to get into the higher elites, with the money of normal people.

Nice. So you're in favour of having the freedom to restrict another individual's freedom? You're beyond salvation and DESERVE to be censored, and you will, after this """deregulation""" goes through.

we need a happy merchant lunduke

By that token having your regular bandwidth cap is also restricting individuals' freedom.
The company does not restrict your freedom -- you are, after all, free to choose a different company which may not have such restrictions.

Nah, NN is a separate issue from ISPs owning the property rights to the lines in the ground. Market failure comes with the idiots advocating for no NN while the rights to lay lines in the ground is an oligarchy fueled by government control of mining rights (as it should be - I don't want random fucks tunneling under my neighborhood or fucking with existing infrastructure - however, local governments should lower the barrier to entry and encourage competition for start up ISPs especially as they look to develop new neighborhoods or buildings, which are prime as that land has nobody living on it and is intended to be carved up).

I wanna smash this smug bastard with a brick. Never liked him. Reddit-as-fuck.

Is that the guy who does the "Linux sucks" presentations where he just makes cringe jokes nobody laughs at?

Isn't his point that NN outrage is a distraction from DRM? Companies like Microsoft, Netflix, Google are pro Net Neutrality, which is supposedly about having a free and open internet, yet these exact companies wrote the standardisation for DRM within the web.

>blowhole

>potentially opening a door towards government actively monitoring traffic
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SINCE 2001?

he's a libertarian so he's retarded

You and him should google "non sequitur fallacy"

wtf i hate libertarians

> Jew
> Libertarian
What a COINcidence

Well, You don't have to regulate to tell Big Cable to fuck off. You could remove regulation in establishing an ISP. You can call your local representative to remove regulation on setting up a municipal ISP (if any exists against it) or go against the one that set in those regulations and get a community of people to fund your ISP.

That's way better activism than sending automated chain letters that go directly in the spam folder. A politician can ignore emails, hand written letters, but not lots of phone calls and protesting.

>(((Feingold))) the only Nay vote
Sup Forums btfo

I agree. It's not a big deal. Just like having NN wasn't a big deal. Nothing happened. And now when NN is repealed, nothing happens.

If people feels discomfort with that, they can use another ISP, oh wat, in the state ISPs are monopolies hahahaha, THANKS STATE CONTRACTS

lmao it's amazing how jews can adopt whatever characteristics any user happens to dislike at any given moment

i don't think i've ever come across a jewish libertarian and i've been around a lot of jews.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

>jews on damage control