NoScript updated. /Where is my right click/ edition. Discuss how Giorgio fucked us in the ass with this unintuitive gui

NoScript updated. /Where is my right click/ edition. Discuss how Giorgio fucked us in the ass with this unintuitive gui

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ma1/status/933006627468398592
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean this right click feature?

yep

I'm on 5.0.6 and I still have the context menu integration. You don't?

must suck being stuck in 2009.

That's a different product that has other uses. I happily use both.

On the webextension version that was just released there is a very different workflow in order to block something

v 10.1.2
=============================================================
+ Added "Revoke temporary permissions" button
+ Added "Temporarily allow all this page" button
x Simplified popup listing, showing base domains only (full
origin URLs can still be entered in the Options window to
further tweak permissions)
x Fixed UI not launching in Incognito mode
x Fixed changing permissions in the CUSTOM preset affecting
the DEFAULT permissions sometimes
x Fixed UI almost unusable in High Contrast mode
x Fixed live bookmark feeds blocked if "fetch" permissions
were not given
x Fixed background requests from other WebExtensions being
blocked

v 10.1.1
=============================================================
+ First pure WebExtension release
+ CSP-based first-party script script blocking
+ Active content blocking with DEFAULT, TRUSTED, UNTRUSTED
and CUSTOM (per site) presets
+ Extremely responsive XSS filter leveraging the asynchronous
webRequest API
+ On-the-fly cross-site requests whitelisting

Reminder that NoScript 10 comes with a hardcore's list of whitelisted domains (including Google, Microsoft and many others) that cannot be deleted

Ah, that's usually the starting signal to an alternative.

Aha, so the version available for Pale moon is an older version. Looks like that's actually fine for now.

so whats a good alternative?

No idea, but it's probably developed right now

This has *always* been the case. Several domains were whitelisted before v10 came around. And you could always disable them. This has been a criticism for some time (check the archives).

That being said, NoScript is still a great addon for security. uBlock/uMatrix are also great. It is a shame Sup Forums loves the "us vs them" mentality when it comes to security/Privacy addons. Especially since, uBlock/uMatrix/NoScript are complementary WRT the protections they provide.

umatrix you stupid cunts.

>how Giorgio fucked us in the ass with this unintuitive gui
>Giorgio
twitter.com/ma1/status/933006627468398592

agreed, I uninstalled that shit already.

try umatrix guys

Go into preferences and enable Debug, then remove the line that says "scripts" from the section called Default. Works for me on Youtube and live.com at least.

Giorgio should just make everything configurable through text desu.

Reminder: Default/Trusted/Untrusted are global settings. The only per-site setting is the custom one.
You can't delete them, but you can set them to untrusted if you want to.

whenever I open the noscript options menu with the list of sites and click something firefox freezes and becomes unresponsive

uMatrix sucks dick

Why?

it doesnt, user is just a faggot.

let him stick with noscript he will know at some point that its cancerous bullshit and switch to umatrix anyways, so fuck him

I'm with this guy. It's just as bad as the new, shitty, version of NoScript.

Was uMatrix made by a Sup Forumstard or Sup Forums cancer? Why is the shilling so strong for this medicore product?

noscript went down the shitter

>no rightlick
>acts like fucking popup spammer itself

>NoScript XSS Warning
click ok
>NoScript XSS Warning
click ok...
>NoScript XSS Warning
fuck you

can I block the XSS warning with ublock?

I'm sticking with NoScript for now. Hopefully it receives some updates to restore it's full functionality.

At any rate uMatrix can lick my hoop.

Not anymore. New webextension NoScript does exactly the same as uBO in script block mode.

what the fuck did that italian faggot do?

this new UI is garbage and it whitelists everything google javascript botnet by default

what the fuck

i miss the old days when NoScript blacklisted everything by default and you had to whitelist enough things for the website to work

Yup. People talk about NoScript having extra features like XSS protection, but it's really just buzzwords. uBlock Origin offers the same thing by blocking 3rd party frames, etc. Same features that aren't apparent due to different naming

don't forget the NoScript developer hardcoded his website to be whitelisted a couple of years ago, so that NoScript couldn't block ads on his site

he is a giant retard and deservers to be shot in the neck

I only had it installed for about 3 minutes

1. fisher price ui
2. bugs out the ASS, I had to restart firefox 3 times within that 3 minutes
3. No right-click menu

D R O P P E D

>Reminder: Default/Trusted/Untrusted are global settings. The only per-site setting is the custom one.

At first I thought you were talking about contextual permissions, but then I remembered that Giorgio wrote this on his blog:

>Next to come (already implemented in the backend, working on the UI) contextual permissions (e.g. "Trust facebook.net on facebook.com only").

So, what do you mean by that 'per-site setting'?

Blocking third party frames and third party scripts are very different.

That said, ublock origin does seem to do both.

I still haven't figured out how to use it. Where is the list of loaded (blocked) scripts that i can selectively allow?

>So, what do you mean by that 'per-site setting'?
If you mark a site as trusted (for example) and untick "webgl" is gets applied to every site that's marked as trusted. From reading comments elsewhere a lot of people seemed to think that a change like that in Default/Trusted/Untrusted applied to the site you were on only, but it doesn't, you have to use the Custom setting for that.

Oh ok, now I understand it.
Nice to know that, thanks d00d.

This new GUI is shit but not as shit as everyone is painting it to be. Comparing to legacy extensions, every WebExt GUI is shit.
I hope that spaghetti improves it though.

>quantumcucks on suicide watch

this is the future you chose

you defended mozilla's webextensions "high-level only" policy instead of forcing them to find a solution to have both servo-based quantum rendering AND addon-SDK extension support

this is the future you chose and now you have something that will not last

The new NoScript is dogshit. I switched to uMatrix and I'm never looking back.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have FF57 but it keeps telling me I have 52.

how do I make umatrix or ublock selective block scripts from various domains by default (including 1st party) until noscript fixes itself?

if I visit sites now, a lot of trash that did not run by default with my

>I liked having js disabled but with the option to easily enable the basic support with noscript and then if things did not work alternate between allowing more with umatrix + anything new that appeared in noscript
Also interested in this. I follow the same approach. The amount of crap websites expect you to run is staggering. Plus after a while you get better at guessing which script is the one you need to enable

Shit, I didn't know you could do that

Brb, reinstalling NoScript

Custom user-agent?

I have HTTPS everywhere installed, not sure exactly what you mean though.

it's because privacy.resistFingerprinting was enabled in about:config. This changes everyone's user agent to be ESR 52 on Windows. The same thing that TOR browser does