Crypto miners are going to largely replace captcha and traditional online advertising in 2018...

Crypto miners are going to largely replace captcha and traditional online advertising in 2018. Coinhive provide background Monero miners that only require a few lines of javascript to embed in your site. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashcash
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Coinhive miner captchas are also unable to be blocked with current adblocking extensions

yes they are...

lol how exactly is this going to stop spammers? currently spammers spend $0.02 or so per 100 cracked captchas. (cracking done by human chinese, direct API integration).

with coinhive proof of work captchas they will be still spending $0.02/100 captcha. but this time without chinese only power costs.

if anything this makes everything better for spammers and worse for everyone who's using a device that's battery powered.

cryptotards really are this retarded.

>captcha is meant to distinguish humans from computers
>replace captcha with something that computers are infinitely better at than humans
????????

TOP KEK. Moron. Crypto is so badly volatile that it will deter people from using it over traditional advertising

You can't fake proof of work.

>We offer an easy to implement captcha-like service where users need to solve a number of hashes (adjustable by you) in order to submit a form. This prevents spam at an inconvenience that is comparable to a classic captcha. All with the added benefit of earning you money.

Letting people think that a website exists innately to make money was a mistake.

Why not both?
>ads from the boomers who still havent blocked them
>crypto from those that block ads
So they get the same as they have now, with extra crypto income.

The javascript required to pass the captcha is the javascript that mines the crypto, so you can't block it and pass it at the same time.

Of course, people choosing not to visit shitty sites that require you to mine crypto for them to enter would decrease their running costs.

What is preventing a bot from mining the crypto?

how quickly this kills my phone battery? do I really need to stop shitposting from bus and tiolet?

Ultimately the choice is the viewers to never visit the site again

Hey these are my screenies from last night :3

I kinda feel like Google at least will go agsint this

You can adjust the script strength, so many users won’t notice a performance degradation. It can be set to as little as 10% cpu

Websites are a service.
Services require money to run.

Probably very fast.

You won’t have that choice once it catches on.

They can just implement both.

>Websites are a service.

Maybe, but no one expects you to pay for the running of a brick and mortar store, the bills for that are included in the other profits.

just let your pc do the proof of work? or are you only a phone tourist in which case you should get back to fucking reddit already

I blocked ads and miners though

greed

Nothing, but the computing power required makes it so that it can't be easily abused.

I don't use javascript

>what are taxpayer loans, grants and bursaries to business

Hahahahahahaha

This shit aint nothing new.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashcash

>have to access site through crypto link
>oh well next time I can just use direct link
>browse to direct link
>ERROR: COINHIVE REFERRER MISSING. CLINK COINHIVE LINK TO ACCESS CONTENT

we are fucked lads

and cable subscriptions stopped tv commercials

What's stopping people from spoofing or otherwise blocking the miner?
Gotta be a way to screw websites over further.

>website pushes malware ads/fake download buttons and obnoxious videos
>people start Adblocking
>website starts blocking Adblock users
>people stop visiting because there security matters more than shit they can find elsewhere
>website feels so self important it has to resort to miners which will do nothing but push even more users away
There is a reason why websites who actually want users won’t use this shit

It's not volatile if you are directly converting it to fiat the instant you receive it

Block all the ads and miners and shit websites go under

Fuck them forever for having invented this.

Ever since this bullshit was released, I don't even have an argument against the "disable JavaScript" crowd.
Fuck the Ad-Trackers and this bullshit. JavaScript is an essential and important part of the web platform.

Then when the big sites implement it because of people blocking ads, you’ll have nowhere to go.

easy fix, stop using the faggot site that deploys cryptocunt miners

see

Can't wait for the minimalist revolution when the Internet will be nothing but a collection of txt and raw media files

Stop fearmongering, this won't go anywhere and you know it.

>JavaScript is an essential and important part of the web platform.
You're why this is happening. You asked for this. If we'd kept active content off the web, kept it nothing but text and images and links, we wouldn't have coin miners or tracking or analytics or telemetry or most of the advertising cancer that infests the web today. We wouldn't be arguing over making browsers faster, every browser would be blazing fast. We wouldn't have to patch them all the time, there'd be orders of magnitude fewer ways for them to be compromised, since they wouldn't be executing random code from an HTTP server from who knows where.

>replace captcha
You don't know why captcha exists, do you?

Fucc cryptoniggers

One can dream user, id be more than content with that.

>implying training neural nets is worth less than couple seconds of consumer CPU time
Wow what a faggot you are.

This new web crypto mining idea will die very, very soon. Just watch.