What's your latest fuck up Sup Forums

What's your latest fuck up Sup Forums
>Try to make recovery disc on same USB as Ubuntu
>Create different partions on USB
>Windows 10 just erases everything anyway.

>Read this shit thread

@63516581
>Be on Sup Forums
>Give a (you) to a tripfag

>using @ to avoid the (you)
My boi

>bought stocks in local ISP start up to help give my community jobs and make some return
Thanks, Trump.

>>Create different partions on USB
I do this intentionally

Invest in those startup ISP's. The ones that use blimps and equipment tethered to towers.

fpbp.

Samsung 960Pro.
In real world usage it's no faster than my old Intel 520.

I keep a ton of shit on different partitions in my USB.

The small one is f2fs for quick unmounts and storing crypto wallet files.
The large one is BTRFS for storing bigger shit with a stronger password.

The one at the end is the bootloader for all my PCs.

The one at the start is a minimum size FAT16 so winfags can plug it in and get return and contact details if I lose my favorite USB.

Wireless is fucking stupid, but still invest in local ISPs.
NN is also stupid and will be repealed - stop crying over the already forgone spilt milk and use the opportunity to fuck the big soiboys.

Not all Windows computers see fat16 by default (I know from experience). Fat32 on the otherhand...

STOP CALLING ME A SOYBOY

How is my local ISP going to compete when Comcast can throttle traffic from them if they don't pay up? Now my start up can realistically be bottled up and just become some small local connection instead of being connected to the Internet at large when all the big boys throttle or block their users. And trying to recoup loss by charging Amazon or Netflix won't go over well since they can just walk away and stick to paying Comcast, Verizon, etc. only.

Comcast is everywhere where I am and they can effectively black out customers on this start up trying to talk to others around the world. Repealing NN just empowers those fuckers at the big companies.

If nn is repealed that would be the best thing for an independent ISP since they would be able to offer non throttled internet, which would be a competitive edge

>How is my local ISP going to compete when Comcast can throttle traffic from them if they don't pay up?
Why is comcast even part of the eqaution?
Comcast doesn't host the sites you browse (unless it's comcasts website), they don't control the major IX's, they don't control the hundred if not thousands of private fiber backhaul providers.

If you're not on Comcast - why is comcast even an issue to you?

>new kernel, won't boot
>get tired of restarting machine, try to test kernel in VM
>for some reason that I still don't understand, it works the first time round, does a full boot instead of giving me a shell in initrd
>system starts and mounts my ZFS partition as normal, RW
>pool is kill
I like ZFS, but it can be really easy to just fuck it up. I recovered most of it at least.

Because they own the lines in my area for the most part, and as a result traffic must bounce through their channels. You know, like how the Internet has always worked? You fire off a packet which hits a line and bounces around until it hits another line and so on as it travels wherever it needs to go.
If comcast decides to throttle traffic on the lines at will, then our ISP can't compete even with our own lines, because we won't be able to feed our customers traffic that originates from those lines or would otherwise bounce through those lines naturally in order to optimize a connection. Being surrounded in all directions by comcast lines essentially means were on an island and about to get starved out.

That's the exact fucking opposite of a competitive market.

How can you offer non throttled Internet if you need to connect to servers laying directly on the other ISP's lines or they are essentially the wall between you and some server which lies on the other side of their lines?

Take for example, a server located in New York trying to be connected to by someone in Miami that has no other choice but to travel along lines in the ground owned by Cox, Comcast, and Verizon or cuck out and go with a shitty satellite connection that you hope can allow for a direct connection to that server?
What happens if the big boys don't let the server which is connected to their lines serve clients outside of their lines?

Yes I know how the internet works - do you know how it works for a residential connection?
A local ISP using Comcast's lines doesn't mean they're using Comcast as their upstream to the internet at large - it's a last mile relationship only.
Your modem will have a tunneled connection that will pass through Comcast's network up to a central office, where the tunneled connection will be passed over whatever backhaul is between Comcast and your ISP, then into your ISPs core network, where the tunnel will finally end and the packet you sent will finally hit a router - since the entire trip so far was transparent, since it was tunneled.

Understanding this is your first step to freedom.
Later, after much pondering, you can ponder on this:

Those last mile connections are a natural monopoly, but sent over them are not.

Then you can fight for FRAND wholesale access to those wires/fibers, remember - you already paid for them in the 90s... hundreds of billions to build a fiber network across USA for every home, 40/40mbps. Where is that network? Take it back.

>a local ISP using Comcast's lines doesn't mean they're using Comcast as their upstream to the Internet at large
Are you serious right now?

The problem isn't that the local ISP can't tunnel through Comcast lines to feed an Internet connection the subscriber. It's that the local ISP has to pay Comcast to be able to connect and then set up that tunnel, and then Comcast has the right to throttle it on top of that. My ISP would be paying Comcast for the right to have customers and then paying that Comcast doesn't buttfuck them and their customers after taking their money.

>Windows
>partitions

We're talking about a person drenched in gasoline lighting a cigarette.

Delete table from proddata

Oh jeez