Why is every fucking Vietnamese person named Nguyen? What's the point of a name, if everyone has the same?

Why is every fucking Vietnamese person named Nguyen? What's the point of a name, if everyone has the same?

What's the point of your mom, if everyone has fucked the same hole?

Sinosphere: few last names, many first names
West: many last names, few first names

Mohammad pls

Because they're stupid smelly gooks, that's why.

>american tries to banter

But we have many first names and second names.

Let's just be honest; Asian people are severely lacking in the creativity department.

Name variety tends to decrease over time.

They have many last names, just that multiple last names translate to the same name when romanised.

Saya best tbhfam

>just that multiple last names translate to the same name when romanised.
Then it's the same name, dumbass.

No they don't.

The summary of the 2007 survey revealed China had approximately 92,881,000 Wangs (7.25% of the general population), 92,074,000 Lis (7.19%), and 87,502,000 Zhangs (6.83%). These top three surnames alone accounted for more people than Indonesia, the fourth most populous country in the world.[11]

>we have many first names
No we don't, at least not as many as they do in China. With hanzis and shit the possibilities are practically infinite, while here in Europe we always Alexander, Laurenz, Joseph etc.etc.

Nguyen was the last name of an extremely rich family beofre the Vietnam war. Many people from the countryside had no last names, which was a necessity for census stuff (especially for refugees), so they took it for themselves. Probably for bragging rights or something.

Not really, sons carry on their family names and there are roughly the same number of men and women

One of me mates told me it's because one of the major vietnamese clans were named Nguyen and so were its people

Noone cares about last name anyway, we always call each other by given name and nickname. The only exception is Hồ Chí Minh.

So there is no Mr. Nguyen.

Are Japanese the only Asians who do names right? Without everyone having the same name?

Huh? There are always a huge amount of Sato, Suzuki and Takahashi.

And we have a lot of Smith's Brown's and Jones's, it's still a big difference the 80 percent of the population sharing the surname Nguyen

39% actually, even my mom's surname is Nguyen.

0/10

sad...

last name is a western meme

Most use just a name or name + fathers name, etc or town

In fact it seems people's last name use to be what their family was known for, like blacksmith kek

Well in Britain the common thing was to name yourself after your father or your occupation or sometimes both. Hence you get names like Smithson. Literally the son of the town smith.

In continental Europe I think it was more common to name yourself after the town you were from for whatever reason.

You mean like "Smith"?

you tell me, Mohammad

In slav countries almost all names are from some ancestors name
Ivanov = ivans(son)
Stoyanovski = son of stoyan and so on, usually distant family ancestors names though

That was really bad man.

>Asian people are severely lacking in the creativity department.

No you fucking idiot. East Asian countries use one Chinese character for last names and it's why there are many common last names. The exception is Japan, its last names usually consist of two characters. It has more number of last names than any other countries.

Yes really. It's an actually observed phenomenon.

>In continental Europe I think it was more common to name yourself after the town you were from for whatever reason.
not really

>But we have many first names

No

Correct, but a vast generalization

Then explain all the "rip van winkel" and "clarke du vermont" names

Retard

It seems to differ a fair bit between north and south though. I found a lot less Nguyens in Hanoi than HCMC when I've been there.

>It has more number of last names than any other countries.

This is since the defintion of a "name" gets stretched.

Either way you are correct about the Dane, LE UNCREATIVE ASIAN EXPLAINS EVERYTHING meme is fucking Sup Forums logic and stupid.

Nguyen was the name of a very prestitgious royal family

Long after they died the name Nguyen started being given to families as rewards

Then, criminals and poor people who couldn't get jobs started renaming themselves to Nguyen to improve their life's opportunities

So anyone you meet who is named Nguyen is descended from kangz, warriors, or rapists