Just bought a new laptop. It came with W10 and a bunch of bloat, so I formatted...

Just bought a new laptop. It came with W10 and a bunch of bloat, so I formatted. I installed W10 again and turned off every option during install. Any way to make it less bot-netty?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
getwpd.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which version of Windows 10?

just go into settings>privacy and turn everything off like it should be by default

1. Uninstall W10
2. Install Arch

All Windows versions are botnet. Install W10 LTSB if you want less useless """"features"""" and no """"feature"""" updates.

LTSB

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

best win10 version is LTSB, telemetry can be blocked with whatever softwhere of your choice
depending what you're gonna use it for, you might change for whatever you favorite linux distro is

You should really install the most optimized and supported GNU/Linux distribution, Ubuntu.

Many, many ways. Too numerous to list.

OP here.

>Open W10 for the first time
>Candy Crush and some bullshit smartphone game preinstalled

Beyond redemption.

>meme crush
>apps
>"""features"""
see

You weren't fast enough.

install LTSB, the out of the box Windows 10 with the least "features".
or install Windows 10 AME, if you don't mind being stuck with a 2015 build which doesn't receive security updates. completely de-botnetted, according to its shills. haven't tried it, I'm fine with LTSB.

>Windows 10 AME
Don't even mention that piece of crap.

Should i reinstall?

You are so dumb.

Install the de-bloated version of W10, don't be a nigger.

this is probably all fixed now.
Do you not understand how software development works?

If you must use Windows 10, grab the Enterprise edition so at least you can tone down the telemetry and cortana.

LTSB suffers from not getting any feature updates until 2019. Which in the end might not be that good of an idea depending on what you work with.

which version is that?

LTSB

Which feature update, for example?

So, jokes aside - I was actually quite enjoying Windows 10 until the latest update.

I'd fully tweaked it so botnet was minimised, and had decent control over it as it was the Education version (protip, Enterprise, or Education are the only somewhat decent versions).

Anyway - fuck the latest update.

Things just seem worse, CPU spiking/fans blowing, the notification popups are completely flat and ugly now, the Photos application is fucking awful now (before it was at least usable)... fuck sake

Hey, I was in that thread too!

But seriously these people are fucking demented. They are incapable of comprehending that this is not a place that likes modded Windows ISOs from random pajeets. And they kept saying "get out of my thread let me shill this more god dammit"

This can't be real. The sad part is that Microsoft isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

>suffers from not getting any feature updates
oh noes teh hugh manatee!

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with Word Pad.

>Strg+F gentoo
>0 results
for shame Sup Forums.

>It has no security updates and Windows Update is disabled
is all I want to hear. That is the only reason I considered using this but in the end it seems like AME is just useless and doesn't really shut the fuck up. I want that windows just shuts up. As long as I don't open my browser there should be no connection to anywhere. I don't give a fuck about the rest. Yes I enjoy my securityholes, running everything as root under linux too.

Have you tried it clean?

I'll say this. I had issues until I uninstalled some of the trash that the Education version had like Skype. Then it was ok, no CPU spiking, no fans blowing, although the ugly... well, I always though W10 was ugly, even before it was released. So no change there.

getwpd.com/

The problem was installing W10 with an internet connection. If you don't want bundled apps you gotta install it offline.

Does that support W10 Education?

Use a firewall, even Windows Firewall and don't allow any Windows processes. Now you can enjoy your static never changing build of W10 that can't update or send telemetry.

I'm using it with W10 Enterprise which is basically the same as W10 Edu, so I guess you'll be fine

Install Win10 Enterprise.

>implying that Intel and AyyMDs management interfaces don't turn every OS into a botnet
>not owning more than one computer and using more than one OS

>Any way to make it less bot-netty?

Remove all access to the internet.

Trouble is when Win10 has its major updates all the stupid applications that you uninstalled will be back. Along with their 'sponsored' apps during that update cycle.