Is this the most unixest of modern unixes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

macOS

Solaris is in the Unix System III and V section.
OpenIndiana is Solaris-based

no

I dont know Mr. Gollum

Nope.
HardenedBSD or OpenBSD

Explain

Autism.

Yes

Real talk though, has anyone here tried OpenIndiana? Downloading now.

Unironically just a rebranded opensolaris.

I want to give it a shot but it doesnt work on my box for some reason, at least the livecd the graphics are all fucked and i really cant be bothered to try and debug that.

I know.
How does that compare to *BSD?
Or to GNU/Loonix?

To expand on the question:
Would this OpenSolaris-based distribution have faster performance than a more common BSD or GNU/Linux? For those who are autistic about RAM usage, is there a significant difference here? How would you compare the security level of this: Is it comparable to OpenBSD, Linux, more than those, or less than those?

bump

Unless you want Slowlaris for specific reasons there is no point in bothering with it. It does have some unique features but in general it's probably not worth the hassle.

It is dog slow on X86.

OS/2 Blue Lion

Isn't modern OS X forked from FreeBSD user land?

Smartos (OpenIndiana based hypervisor) has some pretty interesting features user.

OSX runs the FreeBSD Kernel as well.

No.
It uses the Darwin XNU Kernel

Oh so it's really slow and shitty then?
Well that's disappointing

The BSD code present in XNU came from the FreeBSD kernel. Although much of it has been significantly modified, code sharing still occurs between Apple and the FreeBSD Project.[6]
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XNU

That is indeed very true.
Your first post just made it seem like OSX straight up uses the FreeBSD kernel, which is not true.

The OS X command line user land is totes FreeBSD tho.

>Real talk though

nigger detected

IIRC smartos just ported KVM from Linux to their OS.