Automation and future job life

How well does this list hold up when taking into account which professions will become automated?

My 3 cents are that Math and some forms of engineering are now shit tier (computers are better than humans). Entry level law jobs and statistics are definitly shit tier, computers already do most of these jobs.

Computer science might be at risk, or atleast at risk of extreme competition for jobs. Psychology and other professions where you interact with humans are the most safe jobs and educations you can start now, and should be moved upwards.

Funny how times change

business studies and economics shit tier, that's ironic

Automation won't be for another one or two decades dude, totally long enough to cash out on the STEM meme.

low tier*

The main problem is the amount of service based jobs that can be replaced and service jobs are like 80% of all jobs

you put law above computer science
lawyers are idiots, 1st to go (automation)

Artificial "Intelligence" is a joke. Academia is completely unaffected by automation, except in the fact that automation means more robots and so that means electronic engineers are in higher demand and the standard sort of pressures of technological and economic demand.

the level of ai that is required for jobs that are complex just isn't there yet atleast affordably at production prices so these jobs are safe for atleast 20-40 years, jobs like cheap factory work though, I would say are on the list of first things to go

>math is computation

are you genuinely retarded

The only reason why service jobs are like 80% of all jobs is because we had a job vacuum because all the manufacturing jobs disappeared. We'll just find a new place to put our lower class as they are displaced.

Only thing robots will replace are burger flipping

Yes but if AI helps to automate some processes so that 1 guy can do the work of 10 then the competition becomes very stiff indeed

And exactly where will that vacuum come from? That's why this is an issue, when manufacturing disappeared peoples opened more businesses

>tfw liberal arts jobs are less likely to be automated than STEM fields

People have been worrying about this ever since the industrial revolution.
Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario we will go back to having a wife and kid at home since one member of the household will be able to produce enough wealth.

>doesn't know doctorate in math
>doesn't know where all the new stuff passed around physics come from

meme psychology is shit tier but I-O psychology is god-tier and useful during world war 2
>not knowing the history
HIdden tier: accels/irregulars/droppies/neets who skipped to design patents, weaponry, and consumer-grade tech with malicious patents
Thinktank and ((Greatest ally)) tier: PhD in statistics or maths at top uni, law, macro economics shit, some marxist degenerate new world crap ft. quick 2 year masters+undergrad deg, Physics (thermodynamics), Chem and Energy * (energy), Military Tech (top secret)
Toppest tier: Bio/Chem/Med, Mechatronics. S(T)EM undergrads
Mid meme sad tier: Physics (atomic), MD,
Low tier: Languages, (sh)IT, Architecture crap
Shit tier: anything else, historical arts and appreciation shit, Sup Forums

>liberal arts jobs
You cannot automate what doesn't exist

>not Roman Catholic Theology in God tier
dropped

shit tier reporting in, my job is safe because automation is more expensive than letting me do the job.

>doesn't know doctorate in math
>doesn't know where all the new stuff passed around physics come from

what did eh mean by this

STEM==liberal arts===STEM

>tfw nursing
very very little chance of being replaced in my life time and salaries are quite nice

>Math and some forms of engineering are now shit tier
That's retarded. Calculators have been around for a looong time. If something can just be automated it's not college math level. math at this level is about very complex problem solving, not calculating. AI are absolutely terrible at this, and math is very important in automation meaning more jobs.

And the same for engineering.

>chemistry

Unless you really, really want to go the phd route, which is for the few, take chemical engineering w/ some useful minor and get a job in industry. Otherwise you're just an overqualified lab tech running other people's experiments and getting shafted repeatedly for little money.

t. chem major

Stem is a meme now? Have you even gotten your grade 2?

I'm 31. Stem has always been a meme.

>law above CS
>law in top-tier
>law not low-tier
Whoever made this list is a fucking retard

>He thinks computers are better than humans.
Well gee user, why don't they just solve P=NP and prove the Riemann hypothesis then?

I studied Philosophy and I work as a software developer.

How did you transition, user?

>law in low tier
And this is why you'll always be poor and stupid.

I was already interested in programming during undergrad but I took a one year computing course at my local community college and enrolled in all of the programming classes.

You can become a software dev with even a basic qualification. You don't even need any qualifications to work webdev.

I made more straight out of college than my cousin with a law degree did after 2 years in NYC

It's not so easy were I live. In my country qualification is everything. I know python, and javascript. Right now I'm doing ccna cert to have better understanding of internet.

>philosophy
>anything other than infinity tier
Wrong.

i just passed my aircraft mechanic exam.
How do you rate this profession Sup Forums?
Atleast i get to move around instead of sitting on my ass on a desk

Chem Eng reporting in.
We'll be fine.

congrats and good job for not calling yourself an engineer

according to google searches hairdressing is pretty safe from robots

get a phd in material science
Sounds interesting, dunno if true.

>kinesiology

What about homeopathy? Or touch healing?

If you think engineering can be "automated" you don't know what engineering even is.

Just figure out what people are hiring in the area you’re living in. Your job prospects are limited by where you live, especially for entry level positions. If you’re willing to move anywhere, do whatever you want.

Literally this. OP does not know what a career in math entails. His opinions are shit.

The vacuum is the people who don't have jobs. That's the point of a vacuum. They get filled. It doesn't matter by what, it's just the vacuum force that takes indiscriminately. Power vacuums don't care about the validity of the cause and job vacuums don't care about what is "needed."