Why does Sup Forums hate reddit so much?

Why is there so much hate against Reddit? It seems like an ok site to me. Granted, there are cancer subreddits just as Sup Forums has cancer boards.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Personally dislike how much analytics and ads they pushed to it in last year. Also spam and vote manipulation issues.

Mostly, it's you, OP.
You've ruined the reddit experience for so many people.

Use it as a new agregator and absolutly never read the comments.
It's always 9gag-tier gringe.

How so, user?
I haven't noticed these issues, but I could certainly see them taking place.

>just as Sup Forums has cancer boards.
which board OP ?

Are you still here?

Sup Forums

Sup Forums is an ironic board
No one there really likes anime.

There's also a lot of people who don't care much for racism frogs.

Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums /h/ /mlp/ /lgbt/
The list could go on.

Found the fag who got told he has shit taste and is mad about it

yessir

>There's also a lot of people who don't care much for racism frogs.
But they're not white tho. So why would they matter ?

those boards are fine
they're containment boards... mostly

Sup Forums hates anything liked by boards such as Sup Forums, /r9k/, Sup Forums, or Sup Forums. It's one of the few boards with any sense of elitism left.

why do you even bother come to Sup Forums to shill for plebbit?
you won't attract anyone new, and you will just circlejerk with your inbred plebbit brethren.

leddit has superior boards for narrow, technical topics. They actually ban off-topic shit, retards, trolls, memes, and it's possible to have an intelligent discussion without some petulant child samefagging and shitting it up over something stupid and irrelevant. the people who screech about reddit here don't actually have any professional or academic interests and contribute nothing but shitposting, so their idea of reddit is shit like /r/funny, which is indeed worse than Sup Forums, although that gap has been closing over the years with the influx of retarded transplants who were too edgy for reddit.

everyone on those boards likes pic related tho

It's full of prey, it's not funny and they don't teach the fucking rules

There's a good chance you'll get told to fuck off or even get post deleted for posting any MAGA shit on Sup Forums.

Every board on this site hates Reddit so fucking much that they start going against net neutrality just because Reddit fights for it.

just because reddit took years to realize what net neutrality is, desu.
Sup Forums a hipster

It's beautiful, isn't it ?

haha so fucking true

Little kids, desperate to fit in, will do/say/think anything they're manipulated to. And it doesn't take much.

I'm not here to shill, I use both. I just don't understand why there's so much animosity against the website when I see little flaws with it. Your argument is nothing but ad hominem and no solid evidence.

8/10

This right here. The userbase is so fucking bad. The way they communicate with each other is so obnoxious and unfunny. That and the fact that they always come across as moral crusaders and virtue signal all the time. If they could just communicate like normal people I wouldn't have a problem with them.

I don't hate it and I'm willing to admit it. I think some people hate them for political reasons though and it's kind of stupid. Things like net neutrality are NOT partisan issues and one of the few rare things these days we can all for the most part come to an agreement on. We all want a free and open internet no matter what your personal views are.

That's a pretty good point. I dislike point systems as well. That's why I like and use Sup Forums. Sup Forums offers a equal environment and it's people putting their opinions out without consequence. There's no shitposting for upvotes to feed an ego.

>I'm not here to shill
>continues to shill
>doesn't delete thread

Both are cancer in different ways. Reddit comments are just plain stupid. Not funny, not original, not clever in any way and full of hugboxes. It's the most normalfag site after facebook.

Sup Forums on the other hand has been taken over by Sup Forums for a while now, so 90% of the posts here reflect their obsessed, deliberately ignorant mindset.

>get the fuck out user stop trying to shill i can't handle people with differing opinions

Advertisment of websites is forbidden by the rules.
Your thread is neither technology related, nor meant for a discussion.
Go back to your circlejerk where your shitposts like this one are getting downvoted or praised.

The one you are in right now. I've never seen so many tech-illiterate people in one place. The circlejerk and meme quality is also cancer-tier, probably too stupid to know how to open and edit image files.

>t. pointlet

This thread is technology related and meant for discussion. Maybe it's a bit meta, but on a bunch of posts people reply "/reddit/" when they disagree with someone. This thread started with an open ended question. Go back to your safe space, faggot.

all of the boards are shitty in their own way

>Why is there so much hate against Reddit?
Too similar.

It's pretty easy to ignore Sup Forums posts desu

I go to Sup Forums for banter, memes and blunt advice/criticism on part choices. I would generally go to the relevant subreddit for something for any meaningful discussion. Cherrypicked screenshots of shit like in this thread are the equivalent of representing Sup Forums in its entirety with posts by underage Sup Forums phoneposters. Anyone who plays into this "rivalry" between the websites is a manchild or an actual child.

IT'S JUST A MEME BRO

point system and karma system makes it a bigger circlejerk that the worst generals in /vg/, mods are power hungry faggots, the whole site looks just ugly to me, account history gives opportunity to basically check if you have done any wrong in your entire existence on the site ( thus polluting the point in question) their humor is horrible and Reddit Gold is such a stupid fucking concept to me. I just donĀ“t see any reason to to use it, it's a form of communication on par with Youtube comment section

to top all of this, you, OP

fucking this. i've been on Sup Forums since the beginning, but i made a reddit account in 2013 or so. their specific subreddits are far fucking better than Sup Forums when i want actual discussion about a subject, and not just banter, memes, shitposting, and trolling.

Sup Forums is one of the better boards we have left.

I hate reddit for the same reason I hate forums.
if you call someone a faggot they ban you.

Sup Forums is going down the toilet as well since the u.s elections. fucking place is flooded with trumptard redditors like pic related. i don't even go to Sup Forums anymore because it's become a fucking cringefest. Sup Forums is more reddit then reddit right now.

the image you just replied to is from a subreddit where every "user" is a bot and they just reply to each other with memes and shit. if you wanna cite why reddit's userbase is bad (easy to do), you should cite a real, actual example instead of something that's been manufactured

100% This

Same reason why reddit hates tumblr and Sup Forums, and tumblr hates Sup Forums and tumblr.
We are all autistic.

everybody in this thread
KYS

After you friendo.

>KYS
Go back to facebook you little shit.

bandingo!

chan is going down the toilet as well since the u.s elections.
I hope you mean the 2008 US elections.

Reddit:
- No fun allowed
- See what retards think is good (aka """funny""", there's a reason why we don't let the mass decide what is best in the real world)
- Critical opinions not wanted and hidden automatically
- people can be stalked just based on their posts
- millions of small subs, all with their own hugboxes
- shadow banning of users
- threads are a mess, can't post images
Sup Forums:
- Funposting allowed
- Every post has the same chance to be seen
- Built in retard filter
- controversial topic are encouraged
- you are allowed to post your own opinion with basically no consequences, unlike on the rest of the internet
- no shadow banning
- has a reputation that keeps normalfags (mostly) out

Actually,I think the percentage of verysmarts is much higher here

How about we just cite poe's law, as that look like a legit subreddit to my untrained eye?

we are autists pretending to be smart people pretending to be autists

What's sad is that Sup Forums hates Reddit yet uses memes every single day that either came FROM Reddit or gained their popularity via Reddit. Like Wojaks, for example. They started on krautchan, and gained popularity through wojak reposting them on Reddit and yet everyone thinks they originated on Sup Forums and Reddit "stole" them.

As usual, it's one or two misinformed dumb faggots posting their shitty opinion over and over again, with other dumb fuckers parroting it to sound "cool" and fit in. It's just like the blatant misuse of botnet, or the meme that some retards STILL spout about arch breaking all the time. There's nothing wrong with Reddit. It's just stupid tinfoil morons and autistic children that shit on it.

>being a philistine
Enjoy having an IQ of exactly 100, normalfag

nice forced meme there, reddit

Lmao,there are a lot of good subreddits,just not the default ones,those are just cirlejerks, r/drugs is gold

Its kind of opposite-world Sup Forums. The threads are quite often of high quality and kind of interesting, but the comments on reddit are a total tire fire, and not to mention censored beyond being truthful or unbiased. Whereas here the op is always a fag (see: op), and the comments are where you're going to find the funny/interesting stuff 99% of the time.

"People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."
-Stephen Hawking

>actually taking that bait

this. this is why i fucking hate reddit.
reddit is just another resource depot for me. and that's all.

Name a single meme on Sup Forums that came from reddit.

Nice pic.

Popular board with their raging political correctness are retarded, because every single opinion that is different is automatically labeled as nazi etc.

but I have to admit, that small technical boards are very good, high quality of answers and good links/materials.

[deleted]

The tech boards and sub reddits have some good content imo. I just started using it recently and I don't really take issue with reddit. I would prefer this format desu but reddit doesn't really bother me.

[deleted] What is this?

The problem is that people turn the upvote/downvote system into like/dislike. Which is not what it's intended for.

The fact that the US has such a hypercharged political environment, where if someone disagrees with you, they are hellspawn and deserve to be silenced, purged irl, etc does not help.

The question is, how do you moderate content in this type of environment where people are constantly trying to game the system in a fair and equitable manner? You can't. The people visiting the subreddit can't. The moderators can't. So it just ends up turning into utter shit, just by human nature. At the same time you have to have some moderation, or else you turn into Sup Forums where 95% of threads are offtopic.

If you can find a happy medium, go ahead and make your own website and you can be the next reddit. Until then we are stuck with it, bitching about it isn't going to make it any better.

racist frog is racist

That's the aftermath of mods finding something they don't like.

>Redditor makes off topic meta-thread about reddit instead of discussing technology.
>"why do you hate us ;___;"

>read reddit
>it's mostly average retards pretending to be intelligent, but fail even simple logic fallacies, and who like to "discuss" their boring normal lives and problems
>read Sup Forums
>one part are dumb retards who fall for bait, the other bored but intelligent shitposters

They are absolutely butchering the quote function.

maybe we should start to share subreddits that are actually good: r/privacy r/marijuanaenthusiasts/ r/vintageobscura/

>marijuanaenthusiasts
Please kill yourself.

you forgot the Sup Forumsay board. also, Sup Forums is the foundation of Sup Forums, wtf m8

>believing the ADL saying pepe the frog is racist

But how else will I earn my green pinkies ?

This thread again?

I like r/cumselfies.

> (You)
>>marijuanaenthusiasts
>Please kill yourself.
how can someone dislike trees?

>>>reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

After a while you realize people post and repost the same bullshit and misinformation in order to score points. I'm pretty sure my IQ decreases every day I happen to browse reddit.

Kill yourself

I use reddit for anything professional or academic.

When I need answers devoid of obtaining street cred, I come here. I almost got banned on reddit for calling someone a fucking retard for saying he wants to program his own game despite 0 experience and to consider ending his life.

No one gives a shit here, and its really weird to go places that have rules of etiquette

You are baiting, but /r/lisp is all right.

Sup Forums