What could destroy Goolag?

What could destroy Goolag?

Nothing at this point, Google and Intel cannot be destroyed.

>exactly what they thought about microsoft in the 90s

not using their services at all

Genocide numales and trannies

What about the Indians?

Isn’t that “Too Big to Fail” logic?

not using google services

No, it's optimist logic dumbass

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if a sizable crash in the tech market would likely shake those extravagant nerds right off their duck tape tower made up of half-finished projects and abandoned contracts.

Profit margins are a bitch. No matter how much money you're making now, if you have as many obligations as Google has and have so many services which are, frankly, discretionary, then you're not too big to fail.

You see microsoft in the dumps?

People bitch about W10 all the time, but the number of users makes that so, so irrelevant.

Crypto mining scripts becoming more profitable than advertisements.

They've lost their complete control over home and business computing

Said users aren’t schooled on Linux. Make Linux mainstream and Macrohard will fall

I know what could destroy Google! I will stop using their services and replace those with stupid shitty apps and go live in a fucking cave instead! That'll sure tell them

How exactly? They just got them segregated between different versions of Windows.

Make Linux mainstream and the average faggot will bitch because he can't play Call of Duty WWII or The Witcher 3 on his computer.

Making Linux main stream will result in it being able to play nextgen video games

>Make Linux mainstream and Macrohard will fall
But it's not, and it never will be.

Actually i think Windows as OS will begi to fall now
GabeN will do everything to make Linux viable + many people (including programmers/devs/etc) are tired of Win

>steam on linux is a success, guys!
>my teenage friends on github can't wrap their heads around the windows API, microshit is finished!
This is what GNU/tards actually believe.

THe only real reason for Linux not being popular is absence of most games

That's really laughable. You want to look at how many games on Steam (some of them exclusive to that platform) are still only being released for Windows or Windows + macOS?

The numbers are still pathetic and more pathetic it is that it used to be where people would say "well, we got the indie community!" and yet many indie games aren't even getting a release for linux either. Not to mention the stupid "no tux no bux" meme. Like people give a single fuck, there's a tiny market there. Tiny tiny. Keep on posting your Doom videos.

Gabe Newell is a disgusting greasy fat fuck scammer. Very few worship him now because his good days were pre-2010 and he's responsible for a lot of the garbage there is these days with microtransactions, gambling and stupid cosmetics. Your statement is something I heard 4 fucking years ago and look where things are.

Also people got tired of Windows long ago. 8 was a huge blow and 10 was overkill. That ain't stopping shit.

Not really, it's the fact that it has no market presence, and most of its advantages are shit that users simply don't give a fuck about. All they see is poorly polished shitware with a smaller application base of shit they've never heard of that requires more effort than they care to put into it to set it up.

r/pcmasterrace retards are a vocal minority in a market dominated by casual and business users that don't give a fuck about children's games and are more interested in a practical tool than an ethical lifestyle.

Comcast enforcing their own new search engine after net neutrality dies

>B676C1CE-D12E-4ECC-811D-FFF3E5ADDFC3.jpg
he said while using an iShit

brainlet here, could this actually happen?

I don't see how Google couldn't get into this any time they need

they wouldn't be able to get away with it considering android prevalence

*blocks Google's path*

This. Steam on Linux was a nice gesture, but at the end of the day, the amount of games compared to macOS is paltry, not to mention W10.

To be fair, Linux got some new releases that macOS didn't in regards to AAA titles. But it's still a small amount and some really run like trash.

Government intervention once their dirty secrets are exposed

Samsung.

The only thing keeping Samsung in Google's camp is the fact that Koreans are incompetent at software.

why this hate for Google its a pretty cool company providing good services

The repeal of net neutrality

A better search engine

At this point... some kind of AI virus that can wipe shit faster than it can be restored.

Maybe combined with full blown airstrikes on google's offline backup locations.

Since they can't compete with Google i doubt MS have much chance outside shitty workstations, just because "cheap" support.
BTFO

I don’t see how that installs GNU/Linux operating system on all of those “shitty workstations” but okay.

>muh goolag
This is literally free market in action. Importing pajeets, firing people for wrongthink, their business model is literally based on unfettered capitalism.
It's really funny that right-wingers don't own the failures of capitalism, they just call them communism and move on.

Let me guess, you haven't understood the market. PC will land in the office space and for enthusiasts. Even W7 has many bugs, but W10 made this progress even faster. Also MS starts to be an SaaS company, so Windows can be like Solaris was a decade ago.

You can't blame nazis, when they are dead.

implying that right-wingers started 'progressivism'
you lack the basic knowledge about origin of human political biases. pic related

The real reason Linux isn't much used is it's not usable.

Here's a quick test to prove it. Fire up your Linux distro of choice and do the following:
-1 dowbload and install some software.
-2 now do it without using your distro software repository
-3 now do it without touching the command line...EVER.
-4 now download some more software the same way...no command line or software repository allowed...just download and install only using your mouse. You may use your keyboard only to search a web browser.
-5 download and install all your programs needed just like that...office software, photo/video editing, at least a dozen games and any other tidbits you feel you may need for daily typical usage.
-6 oh and one last thing...ignore file types and extensions (normies don't need that they only know 'for windows' 'for mac' and 'for linux') and only download and install thing labled 'for linux' and not for a specific distro of Linux...if multiple distro are mentioned that software may not be used as it's now too complicated. In can only be generic Linux...like windows and Mac are.

Congratulations this is how non Linux users get shit done.

When you realize how complicated this is for most programs you'll finally realize why nobody fucking uses Linux. It's not dumbass normies levels of simple.

open-sourcing all their shit.

do it.

Who the fuck is calling what Google is doing fucking communism? Anyone outside of a few shitposters on Sup Forums?

I'd rather Google be the fucked up shitfest it is than give the government the power to break it up or take control of it just because I don't like the faggots running it. That doesn't mean I can't complain about it being a fucked up shitfest of a company run by a bunch of faggots. The whole point of free markets is that they self-regulate. If Google gets too bad people will just stop using it, or a viable competitor will spring up and people that don't like Google will use it instead.

Absolutely.

ISPs want to turn the internet into a walled garden. Apple and Google have already demonstrated that owning an ecosystem is incredibly profitable. Remember AOL keywords? Those will be the internet.

All TCP/IP traffic will be blocked at the next hop after your gateway, and the only whitelisted protocol will be the plaintext ComcasticNet protocol, so their router at the next hop can analyze all your traffic, and then 'encrypt' it for 'safety' once they've gotten all your info.

Why use the boring basic "Oldernet", when you can get streaming 720p HD video content from your favorite NBC shows using ComcasticNet!

>implying that right-wingers started 'progressivism'
They didn't imply that.
Google reacted to a humiliating PR situation the same way any capitalist firm would if it stood to lose profit or public confidence.

The point is that Google is acting in a rational fashion as to maximize their profits, from mitigating PR situations, to applying downward pressure on the labor market wherever and however they can. (e.g. any1canKode!!1!, h1-visas, outsourcing, etc.)

When profits get tighter, and there aren't obvious new markets to expand into, you've got very few options as a capitalist. You can squeeze your employees, with longer unpaid hours, layoffs, etc. And having a larger labor pool guarantees that the employee has no recourse, especially if every other firm is doing the same thing, or engages in wage-fixing.

Still nothing that indicates GNU/Linux is going to run them out of those markets.

rational fashion =/= logic =/= common sense
rational fashion = wishful thinking based on ideology

Now, apply that to the current situation.

adnauseam.io kills goolag

Why should they be destroyed? They create good things for free and earn on advertisement. Personally I don't use their products just because they fired an engineer for his memo, just as a gesture of solidarity. But I don't want them destroyed.

>(((free)))
There's no such thing as free beer. As for free as in freedom you need to pay the price. Either it's knowledge, skills, money, time, energy or other shit. Grow the fuck up, kid.

Linux is doing well without hordes of retards. Gaymers alongside with applefags have already destroyed Sup Forums and turned it into shopping forums instead of the real tech discussions.

Surely this revelation will change their opinion on everything because they've never heard of taxes in their life. Your pedantic understanding of value sure showed them.

I was talking about money, man. I don't need your energy keep it to yourself.

I don't disagree with this at all and don't really think it's bad where the platform's at, I just think the retards who constantly say it's going to take over the mainstream PC space with a few video games off of Steam are fucking delusional.

GNU/Linux has its place, just as Windows and OS X have their own places as well where they will not be dislodged.

This user is 100% right. Linux will never be mainstream because there is no profit motive to make it mainstream. No one is willing to sink 50+ million dollars developing a normie friendly OS if they can't recoup costs and make a profit. Free software is great until you need to compensate someone for their time.

Well that sucks.

Lol.
YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP FOR REAL GUYS!!!!

Adblock. Adblock the shit out of everything.

>now do it without using your distro software repository
>Now do the thing in a less ideal way when there is a perfectly good way of doing it that we are omitting because reasons.
You do realize the concept of an app store exists, right? It's becoming quite common nowadays.

It's pretty simple OP, stop fucking using it, and stop everyone else from fucking using it.
Of course that won't ever happen.

Sure...on a smart phone.

Not on the desktop...unless you count steam and I'll let ya use that for my challenge. Now can you complete the 'install software like a normal person challenge' or not? Simple fucking question.

If every major player form their own companies from each corner in the world to rival them then possibly. But isn't something that would happen overnight, likely to take decades to get market control. If we are talking about US market then only thing to break that up is if they become a monopoly.

NSA after the next 9/11

Breh Microsoft is still the monster it was in the 90s, you're like one of those retards who think HP is dead.