His monitor is still 60Hz

>His monitor is still 60Hz

Other urls found in this thread:

displayhz.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*her

I have a 120hz monitor but it's so shitty that's literally the only thing going for it. Pic related. TN garbage with terrible backlight bleeding, 1680x1050, seriously I don't like using it anymore. I like 120hz for sure, but it's just not worth it for me and it's expensive as shit.

I can overclock it to 70hz!

a boring 747

you own one of the only 16:10 monitors that is over 60hz

>Her

Find me a glossy 1440p 144Hz monitor with g-sync and I'll upgrade. I refuse to buy washed out matte trash and it's pointless to side-grade in the 1080p bracket.

>tfw 144hz master race

leave me alone, Wojak

I only use my monitor for text based stuff. Why do I need to spend hundreds of extra dollars on a monitor for that?

leave me alone, Wojack

leave me alone, Wojak

overclocked 60hz cheap ultrawide.
>falling for the 144hz meme
just buy a cheaper 60hz panel and overclock it.

Cum in my sleep, Wojak

OP... You do know that not everyone plays videogames, right?

My 1440x900 is 75hz. ,';^)

Cool clock, Ahmed.
>Too bad I got mine to 72hz

You oc'd from 60hz to 170hz???
I gotta call bullshit. Post some other specs/device manager/some sort of evidence. How do you even overclock a monitor?

Nothing I do would benefit from more

Please visit me, I hate being alone ;_;

Put a NH-D15 on it

>tfw still using a 37 inch 720p 60hz tv as a monitor

just werks for me :^)

All the affordable super thin bezel monitors are 60hz

>tfw mine only goes to 71.871 fps instead of an even 72, and everything is choppy as fuck

kek

GUYS I NEED HELP

I was doing a shitty windows 10 update (fuck them and their updates btw) and it took nearly 60 hours and the update was stuck at 71% so I forced shut down because I was fed up. And now my computer won't display my optimal screen resolution (1900x1200) instead the max displayed is 1280x1024. I can't select 1900x1200 because it is not even in the options anymore.

Any tips?

Is G-sync really necessary when using a gtx 1080?
Im choosing between an Asus 27" MG279Q and Acer 27" Predator XB271HUA

I really don't know which is the best choice

leave me alone, Wojak

Sounds like a driver ssue, reinstall GPU drivers. If nothing works you can always add the resolution with Custom Resolution Utility.

Anything mouse-driven benefits immensely from higher refresh rates. Doesn't it bother you that the 60Hz standard was forced upon computer owners against their will? 70-85Hz was the default refresh rate for CRT monitors, and even early LCD's were commonly 75Hz.

leave me alone, Wojak

Why did they stop making black macbooks, fuck.

I told it to 60 like it's supposed to, but it only 59.something

>it's not ips

This reminds me
>buy a 144hz monitor
>absolutely in love with it
>recommend one to a friend looking for a screen
>he gets the same model
>he's amazed by the difference
Fast forward half a year, i'm staying over at his place
>look at his screen
>it's choppy
>find out it's running at 60hz since he used a cheap old hdmi cable instead of hdmi 2.0 or DP
I nearly had an aneurysm from laughing

leave me alone, Wojak

I can barely tell the difference between 60 and 1440 and anyone who pretends there is a huge difference is a good goy faggot.

Refresh rates are rarely whole numbers since the true refresh rate is a combination of various EDID values. Also the NTSC standard is 59.94Hz which most screens are backwards compatible with.

I don't care about gaymen. I will upgrade my 1440p 60Hz monitor when films and shows will be widely available.

A drop from 144fps to 60fps is roughly equivalent to a drop from 60fps to 42fps. It's pretty drastic unless you literally never play vidya. Changing the refresh rate from 144 to 60 makes the mouse feel like shit, everything feels laggy.

Are you actually retarded

Mine and 99% of everyone else.

That's a bad thing though. We keep increasing resolution while staying at the shitty NTSCuck standard of 60Hz. Razer has the right idea, 120Hz is the next big jump in display standards.

Leave me alone, Wojak.

Leave me alone, wojack

Because apple are secretly white supremacists. In the next few years they plan to devastate soyboys who buy their products by informing them that they've been funding a Nazi organization all alone. Its devilish.
If you really want a black macbook you can do your part by propagating this clear obsession with white on social media. People eat up bullshit for less these days

> buy a monitor over 60 hz
> have to buy a gpu that runs games over 60fps
> have to buy a gpu that runs games on ultra at such high fps (or else whats the point?)
> have to buy more ram for higher game memory usage to support faster graphics
> paying money for diminishing returns

60fps 1080p is the golden bracket right now. gpu only costs me like 180 bucks and I get a 'new' one every 5 years

because PCs were / are generally all black and macs are not personal computers they are status symbols for middle class college kids.

is a 60hz monitor better than a 60hz television?

Feels good to not give a fuck about the refresh rate. Dumb nigger.

Yes, because of input lag of TVs

leave me alone, Wojak

Come at me you weak fucking bitch Wojack

Monitors are always better, low input lag and better DPI.

60hz is adequate enough for me.
It's the sega speed, and the sega speed is good enough.

sue me faggot

leave me alone, Wojak

No monitors are exactly 60.
displayhz.com/

72hz

leave me alone, Wojak

Dumb niggers still looking at 60hz cancer in the year of 2000 + 17.91

Why do you need games at ultra?

Leave me alone, Wojak

>I pay for something (double when you factor in GPU demand) whose only benefit is making it impossible for me to look at other people's screens
You are literally an audiophile.

>not enjoying a superior experience

WOJAK WYKURWIAJ

>t. big box companies

240Hz or you are a plebian.

>don't buy nice things because you'll realize how much better they are

75Hz master race

>His monitor is still 1080p

Daily reminder that you can’t change gender, you mentally ill faggot :^)

leave me alone, Wojak

Waiting for them 120hz 4k displays. Fuck 1440p and fuck widescreen. Until then 4k/60hz will have to do.

Mine is 144 but my PC doesn't have the strength to use it.

Déjame solo Wojacko

>Waiting for them 120hz 4k displays.
You gonna get the ZisWorks x28 or wait for something more mainstream?

Mainstream, I'm in no hurry.

Why people don't understand more = better?

I'm waiting for those Acer/Asus 144Hz 4K IPS monitors with HDR.

>tfw i haven't used anything lower than 75hz since 2001
wtf is wrong with the world

Human eye can only discern up to 24Hz

leave me alone, Wojak

leave me alone, Wojak

leave me alone, Wojak

144hz IPS screens are too fucking expensive and i can't live without an IPS screen so im just sticking with a 60hz one.

I have a feeling that picture should have a fine text at the bottom, like "your mother will die tonight if you reply to this post". That way, one of the two bad thing will (not really) happen to gullible bastards regardless.

leave me alone, Wojak

>could easily overclock to 80Hz
>single-link DVI ran out of bandwidth
>can reach 78Hz but monitor buzzes loudly at non-multiples of 20Hz
So close...

Wojak, alone me leave.

>panel type
>refresh rate
>resolution

Rank these in terms of importance to you. Choosing a monitor is harder than I thought it would be.

Memes aside. Why 60Hz is not enough? It was OK for years and suddenly it's bad. Is Sup Forums infiltrated by sales persons?

>It was OK for years and suddenly it's bad.
>implying Sup Forums wasn't pushing the 90hz CRT meme for years

Sure, but it looks like ass.

Though the cool thing is, with the low resolution games run better as well, which is important if you want to get over 60fps.

leave me alone, Wojak

60hz was never ok, even the shittiest, cheapest CRT monitors were 70Hz. DOS games were optimized for 35/70fps, and default refresh rates kept climbing in the late 90's and 2000's. 60Hz was a MASSIVE step backwards for monitors, it's only because of technical limitations of LCD tech.

leave me alone, Wojak