What's a good distro for ricers other than Gentoo, Void, and Arch?

What's a good distro for ricers other than Gentoo, Void, and Arch?

literally any distro is good for ricers

Muh minimal base install

Debian

GuixSD

funtoo

exherbo

Is it gud?

Any distro as long as you can install a DE or WM

You could rice the hell outta Debian.

Slackware

LFS ultimate ricer

NixOS

Xubuntu

This, I used a minimum install of ubuntu, then debian then arch and all of them ended up with exactly the same rice from exactly the same scripts and packages.

>Void
not opensource

Slackware

Neither is Arch

Fedora, Debian, or literally any distro.
The only thing that matters in ricing is your DE/WM
Many people prefer arch because it comes minimal from the start, but any distro with a net installer(all of them basically) allows for selecting your de of choice.
The real question is which de/wm is best for ricing. I3, open box, and awesome are generally the ones used. But I’ve seen some impressive stuff with Xfce and kde as well.
Tbqhfam use what you are comfortable with, for me that’s i3-gaps. But for others it might be gnome3x

NixOS. You won't find any other distro like it.

just use arch

I agree so much. The grat thing about the Linux world is you can do whatever the fuck you want. I used KDE until recently, and spent a not negligible amount of time playing around with the half million settings and customization, my desktop looked different every week, and KDE is actually great for this.
Now I'm using i3 (+gaps, but gaps set to zero, I personally find them pointless) with some minimal stuff customized (mostly Xdefaults and bash shit) because of the incredible amount of screen space it saves and because of how multiple monitors are handled.
A tool is a tool, it's up to you to do shit whit it.

Well any distro. Most of ricing actually depends stuff like DE, WM. Mostly most ricers use distro with minimal install because then is easy to choose DE you want. But also nice options are distros with KDE or XFCE.

USE flags when?

How the fuck is not void open source?

/thread

Centos7

it matters what software you've installed and how you've configured it, not what distro you're running. just pick one that does the job and stick with it user

u b u n t u m i n i m a l

windows 7 with rainmeter

What?