Firefox 57 is already out

>Firefox 57 is already out
>These addons are still legacy
>Some of these addons will probably remain legacy forever

I can't live without them, but I don't want an outdated Firefox either, what the fuck do I do?
Seriously, FUCK Mozilla. I fucking hate them for doing this.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
youtube.com/watch?v=8tm_WTGPo3M
breitbart.com/tech/2017/11/17/brave-browser-lets-users-fight-youtube-censorship-bitcoin-tech/
getfirebug.com/
addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait a few months and see if any new replacement addons pop up. It's not like you have to update to 57.

Why don't you build replacement addons, using the new API?

greasemonkey isn't legacy for me

update it?

I absolutely doubt Bazzacuda and Scollbar Anywhere will ever be updated. I'm pretty sure they're both abandoned.

No new updates on my end.

IMHO Violentmonkey performs better

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

Should work. Description said it was remade for FF 57

>Scrollbar Anywhere

Seems to have a Chrome extension so it's no unlikely that someone will port it.

Of it's because the updated version requires FF57, which I don't have.

Switch to Brave
Brave is by Brendan Eich
Brendan Eich was the real visionary of Mozilla
He was there from the beginning
He invented JavaScript for them
He became CEO
Shortly afterward
SJWs at Mozilla chased him out
Those SJWs are the ones who ruined FF
They have no vision
They are just trying to copy Chrome now
Their literally sales pitch for Quantum is:
As fast as Chrome, sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=8tm_WTGPo3M

Brave on the other hand has built in ad blockers and cryptocoin micropayments.
Brave will reshape the web by letting YOU decide who gets paid

breitbart.com/tech/2017/11/17/brave-browser-lets-users-fight-youtube-censorship-bitcoin-tech/

Fuck off.

Struck a nerve?
Truth hurts
No talent gender studies students can't make a good browser
That is now scientifically proven
Thanks to FF Quantum

>I can't live without them, but I don't want an outdated Firefox either, what the fuck do I do?

Firefox ESR will be supported until sometime next year (and probably extended for much, much longer).

You also have forks like waterfox to try.

The only extensions that matter, UBO and NoScript, have already been updated.

>Double NoScript doesn't work
>Can't temporary allow
>Hover over the toolbar icon does nothing
>Clicking it does nothing
>Open settings and get blank white screen
>Crashes browser tabs on nearly every page load

Nice meme

Yes. Switch over to the browser made by the great mind behind javascript (which also comprises the lion's share of it's source code)

I thought the Braveshill had killed himself, but wew, apparently he's not.

>>Double NoScript doesn't work
>>Can't temporary allow
>>Hover over the toolbar icon does nothing
>>Clicking it does nothing
>>Open settings and get blank white screen
It werks for me, you just have to git gud.
PEBCAK.

You must be a commie OP...because if not remember that Mozilla and it's allies want YOU yes YOU personally dead.

Remember kids even liberals get the bullet. Pic related...they don't even attempt to hide it.

Use Waterfox. Problem solved

Explain

They are on bed with Soros and antifa a communist terror network. That pic is a message from antifa.

you realize people see through this bait, right?

If you're white and male, Firefox is not for you.

I've told you before, I've posted on the Brave messageboard too.
Not until it has TreeStyleTab functionality.

Same for Vivaldi.

I s-see two in that pic though; and a possible third in the middle. I can't make out the gender of the blonde who under where it says "Get Involved".

Did you just assumed her/his/zer/their gender?

I wish someone would come out with a "Retrofox" that went back to an earlier version of FF before they started changing it every few months. WTF.

Pale Moon?

Weebs BTFO

What makes you think I'm a weeb, dumbass.

>Pale Moon
Cuck moon is censored and ideologically taken over by the main dev.

no filesystem api

The complaint was that Firefox doesn't have a scrollbar anywhere plugin and your solution is to switch to a browser that has no plugins?
The ability to change the behavior of the content you browse should be front and center of any browser.
Change the CSS.
Change or disable the js.
Add your own js.

The web is broken. Seriously broken.
Open the HTML of a website and see for your self.
I know that the real issue is a lack of any competence and we use the term "web developer" as an inside joke about the frothing retards who work in that field but they outnumber programmers.
But it takes someone who would be willing to sacrifice themselves to the horrors of web development to fix it.
We see so many CS people create yet another alternative to C that will scratch a very specific itch. Yet we haven't figured out how to fix the existing tools people attempt to use?
I honestly don't care if we abandon HTML at this point or find ways to fix it but something needs to be done.

use esr 52 fgt

>He invented JavaScript

He didn't just invent it. Brave's source is almost entirely written in it.

Just use violent monkey, user.

I know about violent monkey, I'm not talking about that.
And what about the other addons?

I POST THIS IN EVERY FIREFOX BITCH THREAD

Brendan Eich of Brave and Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner of Vivaldi (formerly Opera) should team up and merge Brave and Vivaldi (both use the Blink layout engine and has very similar dev philosophy and organisational outlook). Both are good browsers with excellent privacy features and built in ad blocking. Both userbases would be happy with this merger, and the effective doubling of their userbases would bring much needed clout for scalabity.
>Brendan Eich (/ˈaJk/; born July 4, 1961)[1] is an American technologist and creator of the JavaScript programming language.
- le wikipodiya

Html is seriously broke. That feel when htmls syntax isn't at least updated to xml standards.

I think html should be "compileable" which outputs something like json that's interpretable by a browser by default. This alone could improve web performance significantly.

y r u quoting me joopedia

the point was he invented it
not if he invented it

I don't get what you mean. I read plenty of HTML and I don't see an inherent problem. Please do elaborate.

> timebomb

My first add-on to install was fire gestures
There will be no new version because of API limitations. There's a succesor, but it doesn't even work on newtab or preferences tabs

>Seriously, FUCK Mozilla. I fucking hate them for doing this.
My thoughts exactly.

extensions.legacy.enabled

Does literally nothing on my machine. What am I doing wrong?

Only works on Nightly.

>Firefox 59
>legacy extensions _still_ work
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This.

HTML today is used for application style programming. It was not designed to do this and you can actually see this.

Even regular button or menus have no dedicated tags that would render them useful. Instead you have to fucking hack them by abusing forms or fucking css toggle switch rules, or the newish "target" rule.

HTML itself is probably OK, but it was not made for its job.

>Firebug
My man, its dead. Its merged into the FF Dev Tools now.
getfirebug.com/

Works on my machine tm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
New tab as homepage

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk
Extensions can't handle file:// as far as I've reseached it.
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRG

>sorry for my blogpost have a pice image_macro

Why did they rollout this api so early? It seems like there's so much surface missing. I'm pretty sure most people that use Firefox use it for the addon ecosystem.

>installing a day zero

Except for the whole browser part, which is just Chromium. Only the UI is in webshit.

Nah, all non autistic addons are there or have actual maintained alternatives. It was good move to throw all that unmaintained trash out.
Also, it was announced two fucking years ago so that the devs could get their asses moving.

Fork them and make your own?

I'm bothered because I did the switch to Firefox and so far this latest version has been good, but I wanted some sort of overlay scrollbar and it turns out none of those fucking addons work. The only one that "works" doesn't let me scroll some websites like youtube.

That is terribly sad. But I'll take not being able to customize the scrollbar over -only- being able to customize the scrollbar, like in Chrome. Because the themes are garbage.

>Not until it has TreeStyleTab functionality.
>Same for Vivaldi.
Latest update to Vivaldi literally added just that

QUESTION

how to hide/disable those hideous cartoon animals on page not found? to reproduce set keyword.enabled to false and just type any non existent url

addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

shant be switching to quantum until this is ported
I want my program icons at the bottom not the top

Still no private tab, seriously want to GI back to 56 just because of private tabs

most of the new apis are gimped though so even if they have been ported, they have still lost huge amounts of functionality

>the move was announced 2 years ago
>devs are still waiting today for some of the new apis to be released
>"they should have already updated their add-ons!! xD"

>breitbart
>crypto
Dropped.

Fuck off c is great

what does the new noscript ui look like? everyone says it's absolute shit so I'm not installing it

He didn't say otherwise; in fact, he was bemoaning the fact many CS students mostly pointless C clones.

Re-read his post, pal

Where is my Session Manager kurwa?!

Don't wait for updates; look for replacements!

>Implying there will ever be a ScrollbarAnywhere replacement with the shitty new featureless WebExtensions API.

How much longer do you think it will take them to make vimperator replacement?

According to one of the devs of an extension, webextension is too limited, and they kept changing the standards for it to the annoyance of every dev.

Does anyone else have issues with Firefox 57 on Windows freezing your entire computer with no survivors? I swear to christ, I'll be doing nothing out of the ordinary, and then it locks up. All I can do is move my cursor around and not click anything, not even ctrl+alt+del responding. This has happened several times already, and the only "solution" is a hard reboot.

I have Brave installed as well, and it's pretty good. My only issue is it does this really fucking annoying thing where when you flip between tabs in the browser, you have to click the browser window again before being able to do anything (including scrolling). So before I could browse this mongolian throat-singing forum mostly just using Ctrl+up/down and the arrow keys to navigate, but on Brave I can't do this and I don't see any options for changing it.

t. Pajeet

Copy your profile to Basilisk.

When I read about that update, I almost wanted to check out Vivaldi again, then I remembered that it's still nonfree so fuck that.

W A T E R F O X it just werks