High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Git Portable: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
Git Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.srsfckn.biz/
rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/
jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=fb4e36c93ef8620247e1b5a0eb528a00&p=1764973#post1764973
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2202
github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
darktrojan.github.io/openwith/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When using Vulkan with gpu-context=winvk, I have a weird, glitchy triangle-like structure in the upper right corner of every video.
It apparently does not scale with the video, because it appears huge on smaller videos, but on 4k videos it is almost completely invisible.

Any idea where this comes from (cannot screenshot it it only happens in motion)

Know issue in rev1. Used vulkan-rev2 build

The bitbucket guy moved his files last nast so you need to update op links next time:

Windows Builds:
mpv.srsfckn.biz/
rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/
jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Thank

Sieg Heil!

I'm using the shinchiro build, also I thought that Vulkan was in master now?

Same happens with the latest rorgoroth build.

>I'm using the shinchiro build
Is it latest?

It was, yes

post version pic

Fuck I'm an idiot. I had the latest version, but I was accidentally using a different mpv executable in a different folder.

Thanks for your attempts at helping and sorry for my wasting your time

So it worked fine with shinchiro latest version, I assume?

Yup

Is there a build that has Vulkan support as well as vapoursynth?

Not that I know of, I can't remember who owns jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/ but if you could find out then just ask them to enable vulkan support (they use mxe but should be able to vulkan and stuff from looking at the others guys build systems) pretty easily.

Other than that Shinchiro might do it if you ask him, at least I feel that is your best bet since everyone else keeps their stuff pretty vanilla and iirc vapoursynth requires python and it can be quite a mess.

>iirc vapoursynth requires python and it can be quite a mess.

Yeah it does. But I only want it to be compiled against vapoursynth. They don't have to supply python or vapoursynth binaries at all if you ask me.

I would compile it myself, but compiling on Windows sucks and with recent changes my build script breaks constantly and the costs outweigh the benefits

This shit thread again. media player that needs to configured for up to several hours to have the same quality as any sane media player ever. no gui, god knows what hotkeys and closes after video ends.
Are people unironically shilling this garbage 2 kb player?

Thank you for your time, Madshi!

>63526145
>I also thought we were cool, occivink, we talked about the crop/display state specifics in an old thread afaik.
Sure but I'm still in the camp who thought that you should have released your script earlier. Also didn't you have some webm features at some point?

Are software decoder directly included in the ffmpeg project? So if I build it with the AUR package, rather than get the binary package, performance of software decoding should be better right?

Supposed to be

>Mad cause a media player on the internet.

I don't thinking getting vapoursynth/python to cross environment is very simple which is why none of the others do it.

Just googling now it seems possible (obv) but a complete mess: forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=fb4e36c93ef8620247e1b5a0eb528a00&p=1764973#post1764973

Is it possible to change the 10s + X MB displayed at the OSD buffer size? I want it to show only time, specially because of yt-dl streaming.

How can I force mpv to not resize every time a new file from the playlist starts playing? Even if it's maximized the window resizes.

>/mpv/ - the Sup Forumsreatest media player
>kek
>dream on
>cant even plug n play better than mpc
i'll be back if they have solve this

Bye

>greatest media player
>no single installer for each platform
>dozens of fragmented 'builds' from autists
>configuration files with no GUI

3/10

>cant even plug n play better than mpc
its supposed to be minimal by default. thats the whole point. if the user wants to make it as bloated as mpc, then they're free to do so.

Wow, a 2015 bug ... greatest ...

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2202

>greatest media player
It's true.

>no single installer for each platform
Only windows and linux matter, linux users have package managers and there are stabl and daily builds for windows with a normal installer for windows.

>dozens of fragmented 'builds' from autists
Not an argument

>configuration files with no GUI
90% of users will never need to add a single line to mpv.conf because it autodects everything and "just werks" well enough.

>3/10
>implying anyone here cares about your rating
n e c c k y o u r s e l f

is vulkan support added to stable version?

No and it's not going to happen. :(
I hope haasn will finally find some times for libplacebo and wm4 will accept libplacebo support in mpv.

Is Intel Celeron N3060 enough for x265/vp9 CPU decoding?

Well vulkan rev1 is in git master so that will make it in to the next release.

libplacebo is a total power-grab that wm4 will not let happen.

Like I've said, the two are separate scripts. A cropped screenshot script and a webm script. I've released the cropped screenshot script, because I'm not invested in it.
I would've released the webm script "earlier" but as you know, shit blew up on me and convinced me there's nothing to gain from releasing it. Like, do I need to appease /mpv/? No. Can I expect contributions? No. Fame? No. Thanks? Possibly, but I'm not doing this for thanks - I'm doing this for myself. Less effort not to release, for the exact same reward. Naturally I'll change my mind at some point, but it'll likely be a delicious while after I've been forgotten about.

github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm I am using this now but why is font very small when fullscreen?

>Naturally I'll change my mind at some point, but it'll likely be a delicious while after I've been forgotten about.
>after I've been forgotten about.
so never

You flatter me, but no, people will forget me. Why would anyone want to keep a salty memory alive?

It's probably scaled to display size (as it should be). There oughta be an option for font size somewhere, look closer.

mpv-hq will come back, with libplacebo, which will be funny.

>rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/

Rorgoroth fucking change the motherfucking colors, dark blue on dark gray doesn't fucking work.

>It's probably scaled to display size (as it should be). There oughta be an option for font size somewhere, look closer.
If I change it, it becomes to big on lower size windows or too small on fullscreen wish it acted like stats.lua

I dunno, I haven't had any pull requests for my scripts but some people have reported issues and suggested improvements so I did gain something out of it.

Remember to NOT bully people who write code unless you contribute code yourself.

>reminder to not to call the chef shit unless you cook yourself

wm4 codes and he says haasn's code is SHIT

You can criticise, but be fucking respectful when you're talking to someone who does more than you do.

Well yeah, most people can generally cook for themselves, so they can give reasonable criticism to the chef if it doesn't taste as good as their own cooking.

>the chef cooked liked shit but it's fine because he took the time to do it

Precisely.

Who are you even referring to? Does anyone in this general even make scripts or contribute to mpv?

added some font scaling code to it, see if it's ok.

I'm gonna bully your plump belly.

That worked for me, thanks.
I gotta wonder what makes you even work on this script though

So, using mpv on windows and Firefox 57.

Any good extension for watching youtube shit on mpv?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
It's a little more tedious to set up since FF57, but it still works fine. Just follow the instructions on the options page. The button to add programs says "Add browser" but it really works with any program, including mpv.

Reminder that you can repent and be forgiven by the only true Media Player

maybe sort of

>trying to eat a delicious meal made by a team of chefs
>some faggot comes up to the table
>"look at this ketchup it's soooo delicious, you can't have any"
>tell him to stop being an attention whore and a faggot
>"i'm not doing it for attention i don't even care lol. *posts screenshot of ketchup*"
>continue discussing the meal
>"LOOK AT MY KETCHUPPPPPPP"
>reply that you don't care because there are two other sauces on the github table made by other Anons, and they're more to your taste
>"i wish people would give me credit. the whole reason the meal is delicious is because of my ketchup. i did all the hardwork making the meal delicious and no one appreciates me"
>i'm using BBQ sauce dude fuck off, and besides, you don't give any credit to the people who made this delicious meal in the first place
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

too much free time

i always wondered why nico nico did this. it looks so weird.

Japanese people love random shit on their screens

Many thanks, it was fairly simple to install.

Weird enough opengl-hq be rendering those videos fine but gpu-hq gives me some mad stuttering.

nevermind I'm retarded. I just happened to make that assumption as I was using other settings as well with opengl-hq.

that doesn't make any sense. opengl-hq is an alias for gpu-hq. they are identical.

Yeah I know, that's why I found it extremely weird and I found this out It turns out that if you use different settings you have different results who would have thought

neat script, is there any way to make the subs not flash when they're reloaded?

>profile=gpu-hq
Anything else I can do to offload more to the GPU?

...nevermind. It seems that when closing a video on mpv it doesn't close the process and I have to kill it manually.

hwdec=d3d11

>implying anyone here cares about your rating
You cared enough to reply.

>darktrojan.github.io/openwith/
No way!

>haasn is on vacation
>madshi is not replying anymore
I am sure they are the same entity.

Maybe alter egos from a parallel universe?

Yeah! Stranger things...

>>madshi is not replying anymore
Probably still can't recover from FSRCNNX.

Is there anything to recover from? Nobody has posted any screenshots yet.

I'll post something tomorrow probably. I used to post comparisons regularly but recently switched to Linux.

What's the best mpv GUI for windows?

mpv.exe

Great - looking forward to that! For the comparison please enable "reduce compression artifacts" in madVR (maybe try strength 5 or so) to level the playing field, because FSRCNNX does something similar internally.

Why does resizing MPV have a fixed way of resizing only diagonally? I just want to resize it anyway I want to in dwm and it only lets me resize it one way

Reduce compression artefacts alone is 2x slower than FSRCNNX!

Which reduce compression artifacts quality are you comparing with which FSRCNNX quality? There are different quality levels available for both.

And are you testing this on a Windows PC or on a Linux PC with Wine or something?

Everything on windows (d3d11 renderer for mpv).

He's not on vacation, he actually explained it on IRC:
I have experimented in watching my girlfriend have sex with other guys. She left me for the last guy we invited to our apartment.
Well, not actually left because it was her apartment. I found out when my key wouldn't work and the guy opened the door.
He said "lets not make this awkward. I packed your stuff into some boxes" and he went into the bathroom. He was very considerate in that he turned on the fan in there so he couldn't hear me cry.

Do you happen to have an Polaris GPU? It's known to run these madVR algorithms relatively slow.

Anyway, try setting reduce compression artifacts to "medium" quality and only apply it to Luma, not for Chroma (that's what FSRCNNX is doing, too). Then it should be much faster than FSRCNNX-HQ, except maybe if you have a Polaris GPU.

Of course you can also keep reduce compression artifacts off, it will just be less comparable that way. In the FSRCNNX release notes you can see:

> Trained with --distort=True (means it can remove minor compression artifacts)

Doing that improves some things, but makes other things worse. For Anime, it's probably beneficial. It does some sort of noise reduction, though, so texture detail will be slightly blurred.

Typical for a German, they are all sex retarded.

no more girlfriend == being on vacation

Madshi! What did you do again?

What the fuck is this?

Is this true?

of course

Time to reinstall VLC

Haha!! :)

No.

Madshi stop hiding yourself.

Hey haasn!
Why the fuck did you accept that kind of things?

He is better than you, you can't do anything to change things.
Hopefully you are now free to finish libplacebo and create a mpv++ player.

>implying I'd be able to have a girlfriend
lmao

You need to use the Vapoursynth windows build in order to use svp on mpv right? Is that the only way to get the soap opera effect on mpv?

haachan pls help

When playing 1080p mkv/ts files after ~30 seconds my estimated display fps goes down from 120hz to 90hz and I start getting a lot of mistimed frames to where the video is noticeably stuttery. It doesn't happen on 720p videos and I get 0 dropped/mistimed frames until 30 seconds in. The only thing it says in the log for that time is:
[ 1.144][v][cplayer] Run command: disable-section, flags=0, args=[input]
[ 8.859][v][cplayer] Change display sync audio drift: 0
[ 8.859][v][cplayer] Compensation factor: 0.999983
[ 33.113][v][cplayer] Change display sync audio drift: 1
[ 43.581][v][cplayer] Run command: quit, flags=9, args=[0]

My config is:
profile=gpu-hq
gpu-api=opengl
video-sync=display-resample
tscale=mitchell
interpolation