Digital Audio Players Thread

What players do you use Sup Forums ?

My iPod Touch 3rd Gen just died after many years of disloyal service and third party USB cables.

What would you recommend?

i have the X1. its alright. id recommend the Xduoo X3 tho.

Got an X10, it's really decent

God tier game and music.

That looks pretty sleak, how is the sound quality?

Are these Chinkports? How are the buttons on it? It has an interesting look though.

I use the RuiZu X 02. Really nice player. Standard 4GB built in but you can expand via sd card to 64GB. Support MP3/FLAC/WMA/ACC/OGG/APE. Battery lasts a long time. Not tied to any "ITunes" like software either. Mine's the black edition.

my phone like every sane person

It looks really nice which shouldn't be important for something that never leaves my pocket but it's still a pro. How is the sound on it?

Fair enough, what player do you use on your phone?

you cant / your own post, retard

watch me faggot

/thread

poweramp

Clip+ with rockbox and fiio a3

Surprisingly good for being so small. Can drive a pair of headphones/earbuds without having to crank up the volume. The player has some built in EQ setting so you can shape the music to your taste

>M3
Did they finally update the firmware past 1.9? Mine is getting dust on the shelf because the thing is unusable.

No idea, it was the first image that came up when i searched for mp3 player on amazon

audio is great. def better than my phone.
t. dirty peasant

It sounds really good, however lack of equalizer might be a downside. Definitely better than anything I've had before. Buttons aren't loose and don't need a strong push. Wheel is mechanical, not too smooth, and replicates the function of arrow buttons, however in folder view it can be used to quickly jump to another song while arrows can be used for fast-forward.

Overall it's a great purchase, I got mine from Gearbest. There are also rumours of Rockbox being ported to it, however Vortex has ran into issues with the display.

Just got my headphones in. Fucking love them.

using an ipod video with an iflash quad and a 3000mah battery, id use rockbox with it but it seems to choke whenever i try to play anything that isnt ALAC or mp3s so i keep to the original firmware

I want to get a nice audio player(not use my phone) but I want it to be able to resume our book files as a listen to those a lot as well as use flag audio. I would like to avoid apple. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Friend of mine uses a Walkman for audio books but I don't know if it supports returning to the last position. I'd ask him but he's on holiday and didn't take his phone because he's smart.

I use a Cayin N3
Might be trading it for a dac/amp (HA2, XD-05 or PHA-1, have to research first)

Why not just use your smartphone, why waste your money?

Protip: using the word "just" doesn't automatically make it the best option in all cases, for all people.

I got a Fiio X1 gen 2. It's pretty good.

Can you make playlists on this thing?

>FiiO m3
shit sound but I used it for so long I had no idea it was bad
>aune m1s
balanced output is clean, detailed, great imaging. especially good with iem
>zishan z2
love this though its a bit rough, excellent with budget earbuds (aka mx500 sennheiser form factor like) drive up to 300ohm. actually use this more than the more pricey aune
>nuansa p1
got this since a couple of days only - its the best thing i ever owned and heard. drive anything with effortless authority. very rich analog sound.

Can i get spotify working on this?? Im between this or the fiio x5 ii which i know it can, it would be a huge plus to download stuff on the fly

What
No

Battery Life
Ease of use
Work Security policy on smartphones
Cost

There are lots of reasons

It's the same device as the AGPTEK A02 only with a different branding on it because China. It supports playlist, supposedly it is compatible with some botnet called Media Monkey too if that helps.

Why can't Chinks into decent controls? There are plenty of good examples to copy from, and I know they have no aversion to copying.

aune do it right imo, KISS

but FiiO omg their design and their software is so fucked

get an iPod classic and upgrade the hdd to an ssd

should I install gentoo on it?

rockbox????

i want to buy an mp3 player for audiobooks.
One that even if i turn if off, go back and play the book again it will play right were i paused it.

A lot of the chinkPlayers don't support Audible DRM so make sure you liberate your books