I cringed

I cringed.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/11/matajudios-jew-killer-town_n_5133302.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is this? Is it too hard to just say the surname?

And once again, France is based af.

latvians are such littles birches

HURR i le CRINGED just nouw
Look at me maam HURRDURR CRING

>portugal

Lmao literally Alberto da Silva

>Big

Someone edit FYROM to say "Son of Alexander"

>Croatia
>Croat

>Russia
>Peaceful
I think Russians just set a new world record in irony.

Yeah, Barbosa is really not particularly common here.

Silva, Santos, Martins and Ferreira are everywhere.

>Let's give our new little man a surname
>New Man

i'm dying

fucking poles

Funny thing, I was sure it's only the second most popular surname, after Kowalski (which means Smith).

Also tfw stuck with an uncommon surname that can be used as a pun.

Fuck off, milliner's great great great grandchild. I mean ew, you're the product of a thousand years of mud farming Russians.

>Little bitch

Our surnames are retarded.
Silva=bush
Ferreira= Female blacksmith
Santos=Saints
Carvalho=oak
Figueira=Fig tree
Soares=Pig herder/breeder
Lima=Lime

That's because a lot of people didn't have surnames until the 1800's, and when it came time to register, they were assigned from a list, or chose the town where they were from.

Before that they were just known by their fathers' name.

Only noble-related people have the good names.

I think it's cute :3

>Slovakia
>Croat

Where does that put Alberto Barbosa?

I'd love to know the surnames of Finland and Estonia that this map suggests

This was all napoleon and france's fault

ootko jälkeenjäänyt? korhonen ja tamm

I think Barbosa comes from some medieval-era pirate and people just decided that it sounds memeworthy

I knew da Silva was super common though and sylva means forest in latin so I put 2 and 2 together (which is rather difficult with our education)

Barbosa isnt even an allowed surname here i think.Its more usual in spain and brasil.

>Ferreira

Root is ferro meaning iron right? Figuring out these surnames is kind of fun

Silva means bush in portuguese.
Theres alot of names for forest in portuguese.
Mato,floresta,arvoredo,etc

Yes.
Ferro is also a surname here.
Pereira comes from peer aswell

It's actually a nobleman surname, but of Spanish origin (they spell it Barbossa nowadays).

If you're talking about the meme, it was just picked at random to make it seem like the black Berber from AoE was the common Portuguese man. "Alberto" is likely a moor-originate name, since it has "Al".

We didn't get Napoleon, though. We fought his goons off after they distributed some posters around. We did it a bit later than that. My grandfather was born in the 20's and had to register a name in the 40's, for example. We came late to the generalized literacy game, which is a whole other.

No, I've met at least one. All surnames are allowed if the father or the mother have it.

Yes. Although it's in the feminine form, for some reason.

Silva specifically meaned "forest" when it was given as a surname. Now it just means those prickly bushes that give the Blackberry fruits.

Pear*. Pear tree, specifically. We have a lot of tree-related names.

>oogha boogha
who fucking cares?

It's pretty interesting how latin is still alive in its own way

Also Alberto comes from Albert which is actually a Germanic name

I assume all these millers are the most common name because the peasants were named after their fields.

Was Latin even ever spoken outside roman official documents and priests?

I know we had street-Latin all over southern Europe, which lead to the different Romance languages, so I assume the average guy on the street didn't speak Latin, did they?

>a person from grub

>croatia
>croat

>finland
>deaf

You're a Big, guy.

The Finnish name is Korhonen and a more likely explanation for it is "a person, who stands straight/up". Korho means something elevated or something pointing upwards in many Finnish dialects and Finnic languages.

Now that I think about it, my own surname is actually pretty cool. Literally.
"A person from/of the place of eternal darkness and winter, the origin of all evil and the end of all life."

Yılmaz(dauntless) is so try-hard

Your mather is so trayhart

>my surname literally means Lucky Guy
>not lucky at all

Horvat is a common last name in Central Europe

Mikä sukunimi?
Ja mistähän helvetistä Hyttinen oikein tulee?

Check this out

we did nuffin wrong, we good boys.

Latin was a spoken language and an ethnicity. It wasn't always a vague term for brown languages and brown people.

But Martin obviously is a pathronomyc.

Yeah, it's just the local variation of Martins and Martinez over in Frogce.

Deaf is only one theory and I think a pretty bad one. Wikipedia suggests it might be a Baltic loan meaning head as in head of village which would make sense for a widely spread lastname.

Just ONE of those countries is BARELY Central European

no u

>Jo näkyvi Pohjan portti, kivikummut kuumottavi

Hyttinen voisi viitata rautahytteihin, joita käytettiin raudan valmistuksessa aikoinaan.

>finnish post about russia

>hoxha

Hungary makes sense.

spaniards have names such as matamoros and matajudeos kek.

>France
>not the true sons of Mars

HAHAHA

>tfw not living in jewkiller street

> Another binnish paranoid pussy

The 56 residents of Castrillo Matajudíos, about 160 miles from Madrid, are skeptical of a proposal to change the village’s name.
>yfw little jews fled the spaniard bull into cuck territory

Yeah, it's not like they have invaded and occupied other coutries for centuries or anything like that.

There is a town in Spain called Castrillo Matajudios, and in Colombia “Matajudios” is a common surname.

The problem is, in Spanish one meaning of the name is “Kills Jews.” Which has led a Colombian emigre cashier in Argentina to attract the ire of a Jewish organization there.

>Canada
>Most common surname
>Li

For you

From Chinese理(lǐ)meaning "reason, logic",立(lì)meaning "stand, establish",黎(lí)meaning "black, dawn",力(lì)meaning "power, capability, influence" (which is usually only masculine) or丽(lì)meaning "beautiful" (usually only feminine). Other Chinese characters are also possible.

If Austria-Hungary had survived, we would all be memeing about big Magyar cock fucking Austrian nobility.

I'm pretty sure it refers to García/Gartzia, which is from Basque origin, while Hartza means Bear in modern unified Basque.

We were talking about France.

At least I was.

A somewhat common surname is Matamoros or Moorkiller

Oh. Pardon me.

Order of prestigious names.
1: Matajudíos
2: Matamoro
3: ??

not common anyway
but every surname possible is real

Never ever.

Matarana

Like every fucking else in the world. But you guys insist in seeing a threat where there is none.

So edgy.

>Antiquity: sons of Mars
>Medieval: eldest daughter of the church
>Modern: cucks
Really makes you think.

We can still make this a reality

Actually yes, the swedes used Latin for a really long time (see Carolus Linnaeus and taxonomy)

Currently the Vatican has many Latin speakers, since they use it and teach it routinely

How are these studies done? Is someone actually measuring the sizes?

>Little Birch

replace "r" with "t"

That's the problem some were measured, IIRC like Germany. Others are self reported. The self reported numbers just happen to be bigger. Who would've guessed.

Oh, yeah, I meant this

I'm a so-called Ukrainian and Ukraine isn't even a word. Just.

That is pure assumption though on the name Korhonen.

>Little Birch
>Bērziņš
lmao

>croat(from old croatian)
slovak my son...

>Now that I think about it, my own surname is actually pretty cool. Literally.
>"A person from/of the place of eternal darkness and winter, the origin of all evil and the end of all life."
so, "a person from Finland?"

Pole Newman

Funny anecdot, when we registered the name of the people in Algeria during colonial times, people gave themselves dumb names in an attempt to troll us (like Mohammed the idiot or Bilel the shitposter) because having last names was not a thing in their culture. The thing is, they were called like this even long after France left because they kept the registers to organize the country legaly.

Cringed at this post tbhwy

Very impressive,

why all the caps? Don't shout, are you deaf?

Easy for you to say, when you live thousands of kilometers away from them and know nothing about what they are doing.

don't forget Matamoros

OF BAD HERRING LMFAO

If you view Finland as such, imagine a place that Finns viewed the same way.

We sure have some creative last names here