What kind of viruses can iOS devices get? Can they get infected from websites?

What kind of viruses can iOS devices get? Can they get infected from websites?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT208112
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you’re browsing Sup Forums.org/g you might contract autism

I like Backstreet Boys

They cant get any viruses, you fucking pleb.

HIV

take your pick

>They cant get any viruses

Why do people keep saying this?

This can't be right.

Venders of antivirus software know what side their bread is buttered on.
If you actually research these listings, many exploits that create a botnet army of windows desktops that can knock a gnu/linux server offline get listed as effecting windows AND linux.

No. That would require one hell of an exploit.

this
OP as long as you wont jailbreak it, there is almost 0 chanse you getting infected.
iOS imho is safest OS from malware

>can
Yes.
>have htey
No.

You are very safe on iOS due to the "walled garden" approach, but it also instills a false snese of security. People are more likely to become naive and fall for scams/exploits if/when they do happen. If you use iOS but treat it like you're on Windows XP without service packs or firewall you're golden.

whenever someone finds an exploit for iOS they use it to make a jailbreak which then gets quickly patched in an update. that's basically the only way anyone besides maybe the NSA can run unsigned code on the things.

>iOS imho is safest OS

No, see

Gee, you'd think the news would be plastered with reports of iOS devices getting exploited. One of the top handset market shares. Pretty much the only game in town with tablets. And with its high rate of upgrades, a large target of devices all running the same OS.

see literally what?

iOS vulnerabilities

name one(1) that can infect my iOS 10
common i'm waiting you pleb!

support.apple.com/en-us/HT208112

(You)

Real answer: The same kind of computer viruses any device can get.

The "X does not get virus" meme comes from back when Windows had 95% of all market shares and so no one bothered targetting viruses for anything else.

iOS is a virus.

be careful! if you install random apps or browse badsites, your phone might get swineflu

nice try poodroid
this still cant harm shit
now go to commrade.ru and download your music.apk

Kek

>cause by virus

So how do iOS devices get infected?

THEY DONT.
UNLESS you'll jailbreak it. cant you fucking read?

there was a webkit vulnerability that some malicious ads on Sup Forums took advantage of. i think you would get redirected and then the malicious code could use your phone to send messages and look through your photos. this was months ago though

Seriously? That's fucked up

Vulnerabilities in WebKit is a big one. That's the engine behind safari btw. You could get infected by visiting a website that automatically runs the exploit and roots your phone without you knowing. Also, hacking an app developer and pushing a malicious update is possible, but again, it's not too likely.