UPS

Why do UPS boxes use IEC connectors instead of the normal plug you'd find in on a wall socket?

I know you can use IEC to normal plug converter cables, but what is the reason for using IEC in the first place?

Also, can you plug in anything you want? Like an audio/surround receiver?

Other urls found in this thread:

sweex.com/en/notebook-pc-accessoires/ups/PP210/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Harder to break maybe?

They're rated for high power draw. What plug are you suggesting they use?

Because mostly the are directed to pc and server users. You can find ones with normal plugs, no big deal

I want to plug my picrelated into one.

>once in 20/30 minutes
>audio stops and screen goes black, then comes back after 2 secs
>I can replicate it by unpluging my fridge and then plugging it back in (in kitchen) or switch floorlamp in livingroom on/off a couple of times
fml

I don't know but i suspect there's some sort of jewery involved because whenever i've seen a UPS model with normal socket it always about 30$ more expensive.

Sounds like the UPS is failing

I'm not using a UPS yet, I wanna get one to fix this issue. I suspect shitty noisy/unstable power or brownout or something

Were are you from OP?Most of the ups' on the market here in EUstan have standart schucko like pic related

Netherlands. I can get this from someone for only 60 euros
sweex.com/en/notebook-pc-accessoires/ups/PP210/

I just want to use my receiver without audio/screen fuckup every x minutes

I'm told it comes with cables for IEC to normal plug though

Theres tools to check for that. I dont know your situation or your symptoms so I can only speculate off the limited information you posted thus far

1/8" phono can handle hundreds of volts. everything should just use pic related.

well, I don't have any tools or knowledge about this stuff. any suggestions for what I can do to have a better guess at what the issue is?
>I can replicate it by unpluging my fridge and then plugging it back in (in kitchen) or switch floorlamp in livingroom on/off a couple of times

It probably cant handle more than a few hundred watts without overheating. Do you know the difference between voltage and power?

dumb bait

OP here. not my post^

My best guess is that you have a shitty electrical setup for your house/neighborhood and when you do those things, the sudden power draw drops the voltage enough to kill your receiver. In this case a UPS would definitely help.

Do your lights dim for a second when that happens?

>Do your lights dim for a second when that happens?
not often but it has happened.

also the lamp in the kitchen started flikkering and is now dead. not sure if related.

>why
space and cost constraints. pic related - UPS market aint really big enough to justify having every plug type on hand. Things being plugged in to UPS are usually also under 10A which is max IEC are rated at (normal 230v plugs are 13-16A, depending country)

because it's a standard that is actually an international standard

OP here, that was actually my post.

op here. this was me but none of the other ones in this thread including the first post