Need a new PC

I know most PC Enthusiasts say "Build your own" but take a look at this iBuyPower for $1100 on Amazon. Building it myself will cost over $1300 per PCPartPicker (though I would have more freedom on what brand parts to use).

The sale is over but it may drop again Cyber Monday - would still appreciate your thoughts on this PC)

amazon.com/dp/B073RKHY2H/ref=psdc_13896597011_t2_B074VKW196?th=1

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdBh4C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Self-bump :)

>Windows 10

>1070 8gb

>I7 7700

>Keyboard looks like a cheap McDonald's toy

>$1100

You can do better. I've postulated everyway that a prebuilt can better than building your own and there is none. Just build it yourself.

Not including the wi-fi adapter, keyboard, mouse, or LEDS, this is $1350 to do yourself:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdBh4C

I will never buy ibuypowerpc. They sold my buddy an FX-8370 system with a 760 chipset in 2016, and an underspecced cooler that made the PC sound like a beehive. Piece of shit. He promptly took it back and traded for a lenovo which is fucking him over with TPM.

tl;dr prebuilts are garbage.

I'd love a recommendation of something I can build myself that is cheaper than $1100 - toss me the PCPartPicker link

A PC of this kind is for gaming which means Windows10.
Only a fool would buy an expensive machine to game on linux.
Windows10 is only good for gaming and adobe suites

OP here - yes I basically want to play some PUBG, Witcher 3, shit like that

You do realize there's mobos with built in WiFi. He should dump the i7 for an i5. A cheap kbm is better than this.

>Not using Windows 7 or 8.1

Linux gaming will be big in the next 5 years

You do not need Windows 10 for any of those games.

your buddy sounds like an idiot tbqh

A few things:

1.) don't buy a quad-core. If you are JUST gaming, then the i5 8400 is the superior option, if you want to game and do productivity things then the R5 1600 is the chip to go for. Both are six-cores, with the R5 being slightly worse in gaming (largely due to clock speed, but that's another conversation).

2.) The setup you linked looks alright on paper, but you are missing a lot of information. What is the exact model of the motherboard? What is the exact model of PSU? What cooler comes on the processor? The answer to the above questions is probably "the cheapest shit we could get our grimy hands on".

3.) Finally, I'd say anything you can build yourself will likely serve you better than a prebuilt. I would trust pic related more than the one you linked. Granted the GPU is weaker than yours.

People keep talking smack about pre-builts but have yet to make a suggestion on building something comparable for less money.

>
Finally, someone actually makes a real suggestion :)
Thank you, I will look into this.

In regards to Comment #2: yes the parts are on the cheaper side ( please see this link where i break out all the parts from teh Amazon PC: pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdBh4C )

>You do not need Windows 10 for any of those games
How so?

Because prebuilts are a mess. There assembled by shitty chink workers and there's a reason these things come with warranties. Building your own is having it your own way. That PC is a shitty build for gaming. The only prebuilts that are decent are Dell office PC's that your going to have to remove the side panel and upgrade it yourself.

I've owned a CyberPower for 5 years that ran with no issues, just tossed a new GPU and extra ram in over time. Building a PC is like using legos, so long as you get compatible parts its kinda hard to fuck it up

The problem with modern prebuilts isn't the price - large stores can get cheaper bulk buys from suppliers, it's the mismatch of parts it is. You'll get that gpu or ssd for instance, that you don't know what model it is, or even worse like motherboard or psu that you have zero clue on what they even are, and might even be bottom of the barrel ones that won't handle high loads in the long term.

I've been looking over your part list (didn't see that before, my bad):

1.) the CPU cooler is junk.

2.) the motherboard is "ok", but it doesn't allow overclocking. Meaning them spending more money on the "k" variant of the CPU is a total fucking waste.

3.) the ram is slow as fuck, but it matters less for Intel systems.

4.) storage options look alright. I'm not sure I'd waste an m.2 slot on a cheap SSD, though. If you're gonna go cheap may as well use SATA.

5.) GPU looks good

6.) case looks good

7.) power supply looks like cheap chinkshit and I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.

The only thing W10 is worse than 8.1/7 is spyware.
W10 is superior and newer directx will only work on w10

Holy shit that power supply.

Hope you have good fire insurance.

I list out all the parts using the PCPartPicker link, see earlier posts

1) Agree

2) Agree but never considered overclocking due to lack of experience

3) Did not know that, will look into it

4) Never had SSD but heard its immensely helps if you have ur OS on it - most PCs in this price range have a 250GB SSD so they def. cheaped out here

5) Agree

6) Agree but dont really care about Case aesthetics. Its sitting under my desk so the fancy sides and LEDs, never something i cared about

7) definitely my biggest worry and only 500W

You sir don't know the half of it. He buys Norton for AV and uses their remote service to install it on his pc.

putting the OS on an SSD is a great idea, but unless you have a lot of data flying around that needs that extra speed, it's best just to use a sata SSD. If you're using an m.2 slot, it's best to use an "nvme" drive for dat extra speed.

I mean't the case looks good, in that it looks like you could add additional cooling as required.

If you were to get the prebuilt, you would want to replace the PSU asap. The 650W Seasonic one I linked would power the system fine. You'd likely also want to replace the CPU cooler, as the 7700k can run quite hot since Intel used jizz between the die and IHS. So you'd be looking at spending $150-$200 on top of the base cost to make the prebuilt serviceable, and you'd still be saddled with a shit motherboard.

Ok - I appreciate the solid advice and replies. I will continue looking into building my own though its been years since I last did so. Thank you again!

no problem. I've added a good 1070 to the build I had linked before to give you an idea of a price increase. Pic related will perform nearly identically to your prebuilt (since you won't be overclocking your prebuilt), but I'd actually trust it.