Why aren't you using the last free browser not controlled and developed by for-profit corporations?

Why aren't you using the last free browser not controlled and developed by for-profit corporations?

Firefox Quantum now has a superior multi-process architecture compared to Chrome, isn't a massive memory hog like Chrome, and is so fast it makes the entire internet feel cached. The only caveat is that you have to wait for extensions from the old platform to get updated.

Edge is fast and is becoming better, but still feels like a toy meant for tablets. It also tracks you. Safari is pretty good, but it's closed source and it tracks you.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/privacy-browser-brave-tor-trump/
cs.chromium.org/search/?q=clients4.google.com&sq=package:chromium&type=cs
bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=498272
forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/14306-is-chromium-calling-home/
github.com/nylira/prism-break/issues/169
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why aren't you using the last free browser not controlled and developed by for-profit corporations?
I use Edge as primary, and FF as secondary largely for this reason.
Sadly some sites don't play well with either (looking at you nuMEGA).

The tracking protection of Firefox is based on two disconnect lists, if you use Ublock Origin, it's plain moot. Didn't read your post btw.

mega has no problems with firefox.

>Why aren't you using the last free browser not controlled and developed by for-profit corporations?
You mean Brave?

Because Firefox is a Soros-funded, far-left connected, ideologically motivated shitty browser.

>from the creator of javascript, blight of web experience since the late 90s
>a browser!
i'm sure that's exactly what i needed, alongside my adobe acrobat reader

>Firefox
Oh boy, I sure do trust those people.

>says the koch brothers/putin-funded, far-right connected, ideologically motivated shill
It's the fastest browser in existence currently, and the last 100% free and open source browser that can not only trade blows with the big boys (Google, Microsoft) but can actually defeat them in quantifiable metrics. That alone is impressive feat in itself.

I just looked "Brave" up and it's another generic Chromium fork that will be dead in a year. Chromium is owned by Google. It has less tracking but is similar to Chrome in that it's still a shitty resource hog that kills laptop batteries and uses 12gb ram on a desktop PC to load 10 sites. And it's add-ons are shit.

>mega has no problems with firefox.

I started using Firefox about 2 days ago after a several year long break.
Most of the shit is good, but there are a couple quirks that I would like to iron out.

In Chromium browsers, Sup Forums X was available as a stand-alone addon. In Firefox, it's available only as a script for Greasemonkey or any other similar script addon.
My problem with this is that in the old browser it applied the script immediately when loading the page. Right now it seems to wait until it loads the old 'front page' until switching to the catalogue view. It's pretty annoying. Any way to force a script to act faster or to have Sup Forums X not be just a shitty script, but a full addon?

Another issue is that pages sometimes 'hang'. They don't fully download all the elements that they should. I have experienced this only in Wikia-style pages. For some reason the whole page turns into plain text without any formatting at all. I don't have any addons that could possibly interfere with that (as far as I know) If anyone has experienced anything like this, plz respond :^)

Thirdly, chromium browsers have a really good address bar, and I took a full advantage of that. Now it seems that about 1/20 times I type something into the address bar it ignores whatever I typed and treats it as nothing happened. Any idea what might be causing that?

>koch brothers/putin-funded, far-right connected, ideologically motivated shill
Nice source you've got there with your ad hominem, cuck.

We're not talking about your mutilated dick or my political orientations, we're talking about browsers.

I don't care of your favorite browser is "big" and "trade blows" for whatever that means, I want a good browser that respect my privacy and is not corrupt.

So not Chrome.
Not Firefox.
Not Edge.
Not PaleMoon.

I use Brave, and I think it's pretty great.

If you have an argument, I'm listening.

>shitty resource hog that kills laptop batteries and uses 12gb ram on a desktop PC to load 10 sites
Not it does not.
Source: My experience of it

>And it's add-ons are shit.
That's true tho. But I'm ready to pay the price.

Doesn't happen for me with Firefox Quantum. Also translation:

>Mozilla isn't paying us as much as Google does

what steps is brave taking to protect your privacy with all of its in executable tracking features

>what steps is brave taking to protect your privacy
cnet.com/news/privacy-browser-brave-tor-trump/

For

>Nice source you've got there with your ad hominem, cuck.
I was just mimicking your attempt at an argument, you delusional alt-right shill. I guess it made you realize what a fucking moron you are which is why you're lashing out autistically right now.

>We're not talking about your mutilated dick or my political orientations, we're talking about browsers.
Says the alt-right retard who came in this thread broadcasting his political orientation.

>I want a good browser that respect my privacy and is not corrupt.
That would be Firefox Quantum with the search engine set to something like DuckDuckGo. What part of "the last free browser not controlled and developed by a for-profit corporation" do you not understand? Every other major browser tracks you. Even Chromium phones home with Google and there is no way to completely prevent Google from identifying you as long as you're using a Chromium-based browser (doesn't matter if it's Chrome, Chromium or off-shoots like Iron). Analyses of network traffic clearly show that they all contact Google.

It used 1.3 Gigabyte for 4 Tabs. It's almost as bad as Chrome now.

don't cut off my line to fit your narrative

None. It's another fork that will be dead in a year. Chromium still phones home to Google (and encrypts what it sends, so we don't actually know what it is).

>almost

this doesn't look like Pale Moon

>phones home

Show it to me.

>Pale Moon
Compromised. The main dev censors addons when he doesn't like them and flag them as "security threat".

cs.chromium.org/search/?q=clients4.google.com&sq=package:chromium&type=cs

bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=498272

forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/14306-is-chromium-calling-home/

github.com/nylira/prism-break/issues/169

Mozilla gave $100k to RiseUp (Antifa affiliates)

Mozilla is a joke, Firefox is good though

What's retarded is that you get that message in Chrome too, just for even larger downloads.

And then your only option is to use their shitty app - that doesn't let you actually download!

This method in net_util.cc specifically checks if a URL is hosted by Google:
bool HasGoogleHost(const GURL& url) {
static const char* kGoogleHostSuffixes[] = {
".google.com",
".youtube.com",
".gmail.com",
".doubleclick.net",
".gstatic.com",
".googlevideo.com",
".googleusercontent.com",
".googlesyndication.com",
".google-analytics.com",
".googleadservices.com",
".googleapis.com",
".ytimg.com",
};
const std::string& host = url.host();
for (const char* suffix : kGoogleHostSuffixes) {
if (EndsWith(host, suffix, false))
return true;
}
return false;
}
Another example, the DNS configuration in dns_config_service.cc has hardcoded references to Google's own DNS servers.
There are various non-related anti-fascist organizations (and they're good things), but there is no such group as "antifa". That's a catch-all buzzword strictly used by the conservative media as a scare tactic. Turn off Fox News. It's making you stupid. Also from a cursory look RiseUp provides tools to help people escape internet surveillance.

>js frontend meme
Fucking vivaldo has same issue, js buckles under anything more than 3 tabs normie use.

Node/JS/Electron desktop applications are a mistake and are 100% cancer.

At least shill Opera as its not fallen for js ui meme yet and its made by chink funded polacks.

>This method in net_util.cc specifically checks if a URL is hosted by Google:
Isn't this shit specifically so Chromium can load part of the website on its side to speed up load times of anything that uses the typical google APIs/scripts?

>durrr why don't you use what i use durrr

Why would Chromium have a part of the website on it's side?

So what is it blocking? Because social media buttons will be present unless you tell your ad blocker to remove them.

>There are various non-related anti-fascist organizations (and they're good things)
Yeah maybe if their definition of "fascist" wasnt "anyone that isnt Marxist."

I use waterfox

Well the default setting is to use 4 processes, so obviously on up to 4 tabs RAM usage will be comparable to Chrome. After that, Firefox's RAM usage increases way slower than Chrome's.

Quantum is a CPU hog.
Vivaldi is slow, maybe because of I'm back to Opera, of all things.

Do you reckon that one chink in the back does the work

>Russian Communist
>Far-Right
?