Kaspersky

Give me the rundown

russhins

Poor fucks are unjustly being slandered. They did nothing other anti-viruses don't do, too. What really confuses me here, is, if the so-called "classified weapons" they are accused of stealing, were so "classified", how is it they matched the profiles of existing exploits?

Russian government botnet.

t. Russian

its probably not a russian bot net but why risk it.

I use nortonshit when I use windows.

linux mostly tho

Retards and normies need a face to associate with their uninformed rage.Why the U.S. government chose Russia over North Korea is beyond me. Mumblings in the underground all seem to indicate North Korea has been up to some pretty crazy shit.

The russians were using the program by NSA. The Israelis did an investigation and found the source back to kaspersky.

>The russians were using the program by NSA.
Although I haven't read anything about this , the point is, an NSA contractor stole the files, and put them on a computer using Kaspersky. Kaspersky does it's job as usual of finding and collecting malware as usual and someone found and stole their samples. If the Isrealis could do it, I'm fairly certain the Russians could do it too. This doesn't necessarily mean that Kaspersky
colludes with Russian agencies.

ITT: CNN SHILLS

They're botnet, like every other AV.
But they're not American so they're bad.

Vladmir, is that you?

Not op, what about malwarebytes?

dude opted in to send kaspersky samples of malware that they find on his machine. they found malware, got a sample. jooz hacked kaspersky and found the NSA secret top tier malware.

I doubt a single human in kaspersky even looked at that NSA shit, this is all done automatically

I like Kaspersky but I ended up getting a 3 letter agency virus and it didn't remove it. But it seems to be one of the better ones out there.

Although a bit expensive(be careful where you buy keys too, some discount key stores are full of scammers)

I recognise that screen, that's Cardiff.

this

except in Russia it's also part time organized crime so you're fucked either way

It's the best anti-virus. Read their whitepaper on Stuxnet. It's pretty amazing that they were able to detect it considering it lived on an inaccessible hardware location. If they're able to take down the NSA then the average virus is small-time.

This and that firmware malware they found on computer hw a few years back.

Stuxnet was a joint Israeli US effort so no wonder "an Israeli intelligence" agency found Kaspersky has some shit. US and Israel, probably dont want anyone uncovering any future malware creation attempts im sure all the US based AVs play ball with any state agencies that inquire

I use Kaspersky Free. Imo best antivirus. It isn't botnet if you don't join their network (KSN). I also disable everything except file scanning and disable encrypted network scanning because it interferes slightly with webdev.

I can think of some reasons:
- NATO needs an enemy to justify existence and US wants EU to spend lots of $ on US MIC and have more hardware at Russia's border (including so-called missile defense shields that can shoot down Russian ICBMs or host offensive nuclear capable missiles)
- Russia is a threat to US hegemony, because she defends interests in strategic places like Syria and Crimea and is one of the 2 nuclear superpowers, meaning you can't just start bombing it without consequences (if all of NATO should decide)

>trusting Israel at all

You can get a free version of Kaspersky nowadays
Do you know how to disable the offers/news shown on Kaspersky Free?
They do and it was proven by the Vault9 leaks

They keep flagging NSA and CIA exploits as Malware instead of properly identifying them as "freedom bytes". So they have to go.

Are windows defender and Windows firewall enough?

Yeah. Some nsa fucker used NSA tools on computer with kaspersky on it. The tools got detected as malware and now Israel is crying that tools got stolen.
Boo fucking hoo

Check my dubs

A great antivirus but a Russian botnet but better the Russians than the Jews imo. I use it in my parents computer and it works great.

>the Israelis
Top kek.
Trust us goy. The Russians are bad.

Why would you use Norton? Bet you wear Bose headphones

>google detects all kaspersky as a virus
>google is the virus
Your computer has been infected with fake news, I can censor that for you
>Y/Y?/Y/Restart

Usually, if you don't lack common sense.