Took the plunge today.
Any tips/advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

lineage.microg.org/
opengapps.org/
github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Installation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fdroid + yalp store and you're golden.

That's worked well so far. Only issue I'm running into is apps that force close or heavily rely on google services to function. Like Authy, Uber, etc.

First, welcome within the Kool Guys Klubâ„¢.
Second, take a look at Microg to fix the problems with apps relying on Gapps.

Can you run google camera app without gapps?

What are you hiding?

iphone.

Enjoy going off the grid and having the government trying to find out why

Desiring privacy and security is not equal to hiding things. Information is power, and people have the right to decide how much power corporations have over them.

>not using google services
>off the grid

damn, Sup Forums, you really don't change

played around with microg a little bit, but idk if LineageOS supports it. Says that the system did not bind the UnifiedNlp service

Pretty stupid idea honestly, no one should care if google tracks what you do unless you are committing a crime in which case you shouldn't even own a phone to begin with.

Don't use the apps requiring gsf.

Necking yourself = Profit!

>not wanting to be cucked by my phone is a bad thing
The fact that they force dependency on Gapps is what bothers me.

Just fdroid u faggot

Not him, but I just did it to keep from getting google ads and constant updates all over the goddamn place.

I got rid of gapps simply because I get better battery life and to flash one zip less. Not a single app I need depends on gapps.

Hope this helps
lineage.microg.org/

Microg

You don't need this, google/xda "nanomod" there's two flashable zips

One to install microg components and another to patch /system for signature spoofing, of any ROM.

holy shit, thanks user. I'll give this a go

ignore paranoidfags, they're typical alex jones watchers

>wanting freedom of computing is paranoia
please Sup Forums

Been doing this for a while. Had to install FB messenger from an apk I found online, cuz everybody else uses it. But I control all the permissions, so I don't think it's doing anything nasty when I'm not actively using it.

But just get FDroid and your set

wait till you discover 2nd embedded OS alongside android sitting in your modem firmware, you can't escape botnet, you would need drop your carrier and run own network

I found this really cool site that just makes a flashable zip for you that contains all the apps you need to have a functioning phone! check it out: opengapps.org/

>2nd embedded OS
nigga wat

fuck off user

Of course.

>any tips

Buy an iPhone you fucking poor fag.

You installed GmsCore?
github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Installation

Contemplating this...

What I fucking hate most is apps that you open, then notice in running services a huge fuck ton of Google Play Services running like LocationManager (when location is completely disabled).

Just makes me OCD as fuck.

>he doesn't know about the 3rd rootkit OS every government installs on any cellular phone

Gubmint don't know SHIT about me kiddo

kys

>buy a phone where you can't remove all the services that spy on your activity

what are you running? Lineage?

So microg is smaller than Pico?
What's the difference?

Not op, but potential hate speech charges

So how big is your folder?

Kys

can i install my trojan on you pc since you have nothing to hide?

>relying on a store and not installing APKs manually

Here's a method to backup APKs you paid for so that you can install them directly, without some stupid store or play services (this method does require some sort of play services on the device you'll backup FROM, however):

Otherwise make a backup of your system. Install an Open GApps package, Pico for instance ( which can be customized to be even smaller ), use the Play Store ( which requires a Google account, unfortunately, and a pay method / credit, if buying something ), install the desired application, copy the application's APK. Install the APK you copied.

If using TitaniumBackup, just set the ZIP/encryption to none

So what, you don't use package managers on Linux either? That's effectively what all app stores are, made palatable for normoes.