Can someone explain why the price of ram is so cucked right now?

Can someone explain why the price of ram is so cucked right now?

several reasons. One, smartphones have increased in both number and the amount of RAM they have, so that demand is driving up prices. Two, raw silicon wafers have gone up in price. There's much higher demand for those since not only DRAM but flash memory uses them, and both phones and computers are using lots more flash memory these days. Three, manufacturer collusion. It's kinda up in the air whether this is active collusion - where they get together and all agree to charge higher prices - or passive collusion, where they don't have an agreement but are all in similar financial situations where its more advantageous for them to enjoy higher margins instead of cutting prices to gain market share. Either or both is plausible and could be happening.

Too bad, the shitty weeb picture invalidates everything you've said.

pffff.

I was thinking about the same, oh that user seems pretty well documented and I should consider his opinion - but then I've noticed the anime picture and discarded everything I've read.

anime website

several reasons. One, smartphones have increased in both number and the amount of RAM they have, so that demand is driving up prices. Two, raw silicon wafers have gone up in price. There's much higher demand for those since not only DRAM but flash memory uses them, and both phones and computers are using lots more flash memory these days. Three, manufacturer collusion. It's kinda up in the air whether this is active collusion - where they get together and all agree to charge higher prices - or passive collusion, where they don't have an agreement but are all in similar financial situations where its more advantageous for them to enjoy higher margins instead of cutting prices to gain market share. Either or both is plausible and could be happening.

oh i see, thanks for being the first one who replied that knows his shit

Pic related

Reddit get out

you're welcome

>last year 8gb was possible for ~35$ Canadian dollarydoos
>This year a good deal for 8gb is more than twice as much

Makes sense.

Most of non-transliterated ones here don't make sense nor are translated the implied way.

>I bought 16GB kit ram kit last year for $103
>Now it's $270
what the fuck I had no idea this had happened

Anyone know when the prices will begin dropping back down?
The situation is even worse in australia

ANALysts say 2020, if we're lucky

So, if I'd like to upgrade my server RAM eventually (DDR3 ECC unbuffered) should I do it now, or will prices go back down later? Is anyone still producing DDR3 en masse?

You need to go back

>should I do it now
yes
>will prices go back down later
not for another couple years
>Is anyone still producing DDR3 en masse?
nope, smart phones and cheap $200 best buy PCs have switched over to ddr4 now

>All these weeb threads yet weebs just have to shit everywhere else.
Go back to your containment boards.

>containment boards
this is a containment WEBSITE

No

Thanks.
The only thing I'm split on is that my old server is X58 (3 channels, 2 slots each) and I currently have 3x8GB in it. I'll eventually replace it with my current X79 board and a Xeon, but that means I'd either have a mismatched pair in one channel, or I'd have to buy an extra DIMM.

I like you

No brown countries have been liberated recently.

Add me to the screencap.

>Either or both is plausible and could be happening.

stopped reading here

do you think moot will make a new Sup Forums for anime now that real Sup Forums's been overrun with people who hate anime and want to kick all the animu people off their own website?

it's a cartel, when they need money they raise prices.