3 more weeks

3 more weeks

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/11/19/imac-pro-a10-chip-hey-siri/
google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/03/14/the-unexpected-frugal-habits-of-rich-people/amp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much until it melts?

The cooling is the best ever in a Mac. Literally only downside is it’s $4999

I doubt it. Mostly because I know that Foxconn likes to use melted chink foreskins as thermal compound.
Also, Firelake.
>tfw a Epyc or Kikeripper would be cooler and more powerful
Hopefully Mac Pro 2018 will have one of these. Apple usually gets good deals when it comes to workstation class hardware, at least historically.

>Literally only downside is it’s $4999

Apple is truly the most innovative company on the planet.

>build computer
>use decent hardware
>absurdly overpriced
>yet still decent
>slow it to 1/4 its potential speed
>glue 5 or 6 pennies together for a heat sink
>use a foam bladed mist fan as a case fan
>use 7 year old aquafresh as thermal paste
>have said cooling components run at 1/8 speed so as to allow for minimal noise from the fan

Honestly, it's genius.

Admit it: if you could afford it

No, I'd just spend the money on building a much better PC. Or maybe buy a car with it.

You’re not going to build a PC for that price with those specs. Jesus Christ we have to go through this every Apple thread

Apple = expensive luxury
PC = affordable adequacy

Apparently its got an A10 fusion chip inside it. Unconfirmed of course, but apparently its for low-level tasks and always-on 'Hey Siri', yeah, even when the machine is powered off.

macrumors.com/2017/11/19/imac-pro-a10-chip-hey-siri/

>"According to some digging into Apple's "BridgeOS 2.0" code and macOS this weekend by Jonathan Levin, Steven Troughton-Smith, and Guilherme Rambo, the upcoming iMac Pro appears to feature an A10 Fusion chip with 512 MB of RAM. While the full functionality of the A10 chip isn't yet known, it appears the chip will enable support for "Hey Siri" functionality, potentially even when the iMac Pro is turned off."

Intlel on suicide watch.

>Apple will move to ARM to main OS and Ryzen for hard work combo
That would be insane and neat, in some ways.

And those specs are wasted in a throttled Apple machine. My Windows machine does everything your Apple does, and some more.

keep dreaming poojeet

Apple = poverty virtue signaling trash
PC = premium computing

>Windows
>"does"

Point and laugh. You're too inexperienced to know this but, macOS is the only usable UNIX OS currently available. Even the guy who made Gentoo uses macOS. Windows is a plague and only good for playing children's games.

Look how dirty it looks already
Black is a great color in theory but never in practice
And I don't know many people who are excited about this company anymore
They should probably do what they normally do with black objects and then exit the space while they still have cash.

From a design perspective, it's fucking great. But there's no way it won't throttle like hell.

> hedt
> integrated monitor
TOP KEK

> mfw kikeripper right next to me and far more monitor real-estate
> mfw this looks like a gimmick just given the size of that power chord.
> $5000 .. TOP FUCKN KEK
I have far more power for far less money.

I say this typing from a mbp exampling I have nothing against apple.. they make solid laptops. Desktops?
*Breathes in hahahahahaha

That being said, the design looks 10/10 sexy af.. dat function tho

it does not run Logic

>C7428D81-B9BB-4F27-9811-93FC818B6752.jpg
>4243352F-B2B0-425E-A8BC-9EE690AB3457.jpg
>72A456CB-3D73-4C2E-B50B-1E5BF3234E93.jpg

Reminder to report commercial spam and advertising.

>toddler babbyOS for gay fruit worshipers
>usable

Pick one.

>Windows is a plague and only good for playing children's games.

Not the guy you replied to, but I literally make my living by playing children's games soooo...

Even new Apple headquarters and Apple products are design on windows machine, whole industries works under windows.

> limited to a single monitor

Nope.

Boy that big ass reflection across the screen sure does make it look premium.

>with those specs

You have to take the theoretical performance of those specs and subtract 80% because Macs are throttling piles of shit.

Apple "engineers" are fucking joke.

While I may agree for the base model, the top line model would be much cheaper to build.

>mfw this thing has a separate Apple A processor that boots up the main machine
Fucking DRM in a pro machine

>those fuck huge bezels

Nope.

I wouldn't get it because I actually do things on my computer instead of hotgluing it while displaying a picture of steve "homeopathic cancer treatment" jobs?

Reminder that reports don't work.

chinks aren't circumcised unlike amerikkkucks.

>that huge waste of space below the screen
They could have just made the screen bigger

The only good thing about this is its screen and (arguably) its OS. That's all Macs are. Other than that they are totally jewing you on the hardware.

Go away pewdiepie you already ruined loss

Wow it's fucking nothing

>best ever in a mac
That's not saying much

Truly magical

I honestly don't understand why people get so excited over new commercial products. One month after it's release, it becomes just one more expensive tool on the desk; whilst your """old""" serviceable gear gathers dust.

I'll get excited about consumer tech, whey they make fleshlights that can interface with vr, and proper vr gaymes.

I'm actually super excited to see this.
If Apple gets it right, then we might see a resurgence in actually professional Apple hardware.

I'm kinda debating getting the current 5k model that will hopefully drop in price once the new one gets released
anyone here have it?

Can you use old iMacs as dedicated displays?

>buying this when modular Mac Pro is coming next year

ishygddt

LoL that may be true for the office workstations, but the servers run Linux.

>Admit it: if you could afford it
I literally have shat gold flakes, so I believe that apple products are within my means. I juts don't think that they are worth the money over other options, so I never had bought one.
Am I truly missing out?

It's just a computer... Who actually gives a shit about this super small formfactor rubbish.

>Even new Apple headquarters and Apple products are design on windows machine
Not surprising when they don't ship any proper pro machines for 4-5 years

5k?

I can literally buy a SC747TQ-R1620B barebone with a dedundant 1620w power supply that's platinum rated and shove a fucking dual quad dual xeon or epyc board and still throw at least a gtx 1070 with that much money if I don't want to go quadro or some shit.

Fucking hell when they used to cost 3k it was OK-ish for light shit and maybe if you were a fag designer.

>maybe if you were a fag designer.
I never got this. Why are Apple products supposed to be popular with "designers" when they aren't even color accurate?

But I can afford it. I still won't buy it. I'm not a technologically illiterate twat who wants to "prove" they're rich by taking out loans to pay for overpriced garbage.

Apple = loan dump
PC = personal computer. It also includes applel computers.

Because very few designers are actually professional to the point of blowing 5k on a monitor alone.

You have to look in the average market. That guy or girl who just got out of university and got a job at some shitty design or marketing company startup who makes shitty commercials. Not the company who uses red rockets in their dual xeon workstations and 4k dollar eizo monitors.

>The cooling is the best ever in a Mac. Literally only downside is it’s $4999
blah bla blah.. now you gonna say its eve better than liquid cooling?

fucking apple shills, I need to add iTerms to filter list, this is getting annoying

10 bit monitors aren't always that expensive though. I wonder why apple never chose to use accurate displays.

>rich people waste their money on tras...
google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/03/14/the-unexpected-frugal-habits-of-rich-people/amp/

>One such flaw was overheating, which could cause some
>of the system’s integrated chips to move or dislodge as
>they expanded. An obvious solution would be the addition
>of fans and adequate ventilation, but Jobs hated the
>relatively loud fans found on many computers of the day,
>and didn’t want to mar the Apple III’s design with ugly
>vents. So the Apple III shipped without any fans or vents,
>relying instead on a design that utilized a massive
>aluminum heat sink that formed the base of the computer.

thats one reason why they are rich. I'm pretty sure Trump could afford an goyPhone if he wanted..

Compose desktop support out box pdf and postscript visualization, old macs having powerful IBM power for graphics task, printers CUPS as manager, Apple put a lot Macs on USA university of graphics arts, today just had good name.

I could be a billionaire and I still wouldn't buy it.

>Why are Apple products supposed to be popular with "designers" when they aren't even color accurate?
Most designers are too dumb to even know this and even worse they think their iMac has great color because or Display P3 or something

Read your post again, start to finish and try to associate it with an age group.

>Doesn't support CUDA
>Pro

same

until apple pays you for shilling?

you forgot the ECC RAM

Was gonna mention this. Getting into 3D design now, and everything that matters is mostly on Windows and/or CUDA-accelerated.
It wouldn’t be so bad if I could just dual-boot into Wangbangs, but I’d also have to settle for an OpenCL heat monster that would have to run in compatibility mode for the renderer, fuck that.
Also, until you hit that render or simulate button, 99% of what you do is single/dual-threaded at best, and a Xeon running at under 2Ghz (I assume) would be terrible for that.
This computer simply doesn’t make sense no matter how you look at it. It would’ve been better if it had say a Threadripper in it and something equivalent to a Titan Xp.

But he switched to an iPhone.

Mac OS had worse support OpenCL, now Apple platform need metal as compute and graphics language and nobody care make things on metal.

That thing is going to burst into flames.

I'm a /biz/tard making $5000 in a week and I still think it's an overpriced piece of shit. Would rather buy a $1500 macbook.

>Getting into 3D design now, and everything that matters is mostly on Windows and/or CUDA-accelerated
Exactly, complete waste of time trying to fight it.

Been a Macfag for over a decade and recently been forced to build a PC with multiple Nvidia GPUs (I have a dual 1080Ti machine that will out perform this in every place that actually matters for less than half the price) because it's just so far ahead of anything else in Apples lineup.

They seriously dropped the ball by letting OpenCL become a complete failure. Even worse with this Metal shite because some of the companies that were still slaving away to try and get their CUDA tech working well on OpenCL for Macs are having to start over on Metal.

Does the display support FreeSync yet?

looks good, but that's it.

>glossy mouse
enjoy trying to do your gimmicky swipe motions

It blows my mind how a hundred billion dollar company has never once developed an ergonomic or functional mouse. Even no name chink companies vaguely understand how human hands are shaped an that gloss is awful for anything you're supposed to touch.

> mfw netspeak will have you completely off and for good reason..

How many threads are you going to make today autismo?

>$5000
>You can't even get a 5K display for less than $2000
>Radeon Pro Vega + 10+ core Xeon for $3000
Seems reasonable

Except all that top-end hardware throttles like every piece of trash Apple shat out since the 2013 Mac pro. Oh, and everything will be soldered down too, so good luck trying to upgrade to a bigger SSD or add more RAM.

>everyone getting b8'd this hard
jesus FUCKING chRiSt