Dude let us build a image editing program but let us separate it into a million different small windows LMAO

>dude let us build a image editing program but let us separate it into a million different small windows LMAO

yea fuck that.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>torrents photoshop

its free what did you expect

>windows > single-window mode
That was very hard

its comfy when i can put all the tool windows on third screen

>can't even draw a circle

any good gimp tutorials? i more or less just need it to replace mspaint for light shitposting

this

docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/

Yeah it's good

just get paint.net user

I use krita for doodling, it seems like a better program than gimp, though not exactly the same use case

in paint 3d you have to render a 3D sphere then turn it into a 2D circle if you want one

>doesn't take the time to actually use the program and find the single window mode
>instead goes online and complains about free software baka
Honestly, this is a perfect example of the state of Sup Forums

To be fair, I couldn't find that option on my own, but the difference is I did some research instead of complaining. Why single-window mode isn't the default, I'll never know.

I've never seen a single artist on picarto using Gimp.

Um, you can change that in preferences if you want.

GIMP is my go-to exemplar for the idea of "design by programmer", or more generally "bottom-up GUI design."

Nothing wrong with gimp
for me its faster than a dove

1. it's had a single window mode since 2.7
2. photoshop and many other image editors did the same thing

I've never heard of picarto, what's your point?

>ugly as fuck jagged edges

yup sure looks multiwindow to me

Just install both and have full coverage.
It should be, I always turn it on.

>everything has to be aliased
well aren't you entitled?

>he doesnt strictly install 64 bit programs

Whatever nigger you can make gay as fuck memes with it, it's not like you're doing anything productive with your faggot waicom tablet. Take a moment from drawing gay hentai and appreciate FREE software.

what does that have to do with anything?

They're called dockers and every single application for any sort of productivity has them.
You can tile them inside a window or you can float them as their own windows. Name a productivity program that doesn't do this.

MS Paint on the streets, Krita in the sheets.

>he doesn't use inkscape....

*Sigh*

>he uses the wrong tool for the job

I use Inkscape for fanart of Sup Forums shows that are not for my age audience but I still watch anyway. It's pretty good.

Name a better trio than
>ffmpeg
>Audacity
>GIMP
You can't

I think having the option of several windows is a good thing and all applications that use multiple windows should offer this.
I don't personally care about gimp.
I use it from time to time, but I would not claim to be a professional artist.
I do use another type of applications that desperately needs this feature: IDE's.

An IDE have a ton of windows / panes / whatever you call it.
They are usually tiled inside a single window.
A lot of the windows do not require any interaction.
My window manager is much better to handle windows than the IDE.
It have concepts like different monitors, desktops etc that can be used.
A good example would be the build output of an application. There is no reason why you wouldn't want the build output to be fullscreen.
The editor should also be full screen.
The debugging, show variable window thing should be full screen or at least be larger.
I know it is a lot harder to program things like that and that is why they don't do it.
A lot of people use a single monitor anyway so it is not that big a deal, but it is still a bad design to not have the option of a multi window setup

>ffmpeg
>sox
>imagemagick

ftfy

>in paint 3d you have to render a 3D sphere then turn it into a 2D circle if you want one

Has anyone ever tried making a YouTube Poop using only Free software? I've kind of tried doing it using GIMP and other programs, but no where close to finished results.

then blur it by 0.2

>gaussian blur is aliasing

the intelleckt of these GIMP users

lmao

>ffmpeg
>Pro Tools First
>Photoshop

i tried once
hand edited each frame using gimp
imported frames as an image sequence
into kdenlive
the results worked, but it was too much
time to hand edit all of those frames

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand GIMP. The interface is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical computing most of the widgets will go over a typical user’s head. There’s also GIMP’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into its interface- the developers' personal philosophy draws heavily from Stallman literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these design decisions, to realise that they’re not just superior- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike GIMP truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the genious in GNU's recursive acronym “GNU's Not Unix!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Stallman's autism. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Richards’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a GIMP tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>That was very hard
that's not a circle desu

Single window mode should be hard default. Mandatory. People who think separate windows are better should suffer through and enable that option instead of the opposite way.

Besides GIMP is absolute trash just saying

Why is this so blurry?

This shit keeps happening when I try drawing anything with a curve.
Any ideas what might be causing it?

what shit? the pressure shit? try changing the shit in the tool options and find the shit you need.

I worked hard on this copy pasta, at least give me one (you) you greedy bastards.

These straight lines, pressure is working perfectly fine but every line starts with this jaggy bullshit.

It's your hand desu

Who /kritaboys/ here

Delicious

Yes, I deliberately draw a perfectly straight line before doing anything.

what version are you running?
check your brush.
is the dynamics set to 'fade tapering'?
now give me your money.

I never said it was deliberate.

biggest pain is running GIMP on multiple screens. windows are supposed to remember where they were closed but in reality its random as fuck.

would be kind of hard to draw a straight line desu

He doesn't have time for that, m8. As a member of new Sup Forums he's probably busy sucking off p.ajit.

Why use gimp when Krita exists?

@63549314
It was mostly intact from the original and didn't a whole lot of sense

just use krita. Gimp is so bass ackwards that it's nothing but an exercise in frustration.

Krita is for making a new drawing as a digital paint program and GIMP is for editing photos as photo editing, different purposes

krita is for content creatong and GIMP is for putting green peppers on things.

>let's have the small pop-up windows always show up on the other monitor than the one you're using
gimp needs a popup blocker

gimp doesn't understand "light"
you gotta be doing a full-scale perfectionist piece of work or nothin

>bass ackwards

just think. in another 20 years Linux will probably be almost as functional as windows 95.

Google it, dumbass.

Yeah, that's why windows is running on all of the top 500 supercomputers.

He said functional, not able to be stripped to the bone to squeeze out the maximum overclocking.

>What is single window mode
Gr8 b8 m8.

>Windows > Single-Window Mode

>one click

fucking retard

Hello, time traveler. You're going to drop your jaw when you try it now. It has long surpassed Windows, even the newest version. Windows is mostly used for gathering data for NSA now.

Yes. Real scientific work isn't "functional." Have fun with your NSA-backdoored chrome-launcher.

Never mind this, what’s up with the giant padding and spacing between the icons? Jesus Christ you lose so much fucking screen real estate that should go towards whatever “art” you’re working on

green is my pepper

also pls dont hate GIMP, it respects your freedooms and it is the best free image editing software out there(paint.net is botnet).

It's free for a reason, if you're not the product then you shouldn't expect anything from it as it's most likely crap.
As always commies developers can't deliver something good.

>make file in gimp
>client requires psd file
What do?

It's a server OS so of course it runs on servers. Your point is?

You've never used photoshop and don't have multi-monitor capability. PS does the same thing but uses panels that you ca only pop out if they decide to let you so they always eat into your workspace.

>to draw a circle you have to open Filters > Render > Gfig select a circle then use pixel coordinates from the ruler to guess where your circle will be rendered on the canvas using the separate Gfig preview window
Whose idea was this?

>Wow something made by freetard engineers looks like something made by freetard engineers with zero knowledge about usability and human machine interface.

Really makes me think.

Because most users don't want single window mode. They only included it to please a very small handful of users that requested it, and since it was an incredibly simple request, they fulfilled it.

The majority of gimp users prefer the multi window default because it's easier to arrange tools around the workspace than within the constraints of a single window. It also allows for things like resizing a single image in a project while still being able to see reference material outside of the gimp. Like if you're drawing a bird, for example, and you're looking at sample images - you can resize your current canvas to take up all but the space for the sample image but without losing canvas space to the main window

>client requires psd file
>What do?
Export the file as a psd file?

getpaint.net

Good job

Don't know why people aren't shilling kolourpaint.

What year are you from?

i absolutely like its design I thnk I have too much wasted space on single tab mode

Agreed. What gimp needs is a simple method of running it in single window mode. Then it would be absolutely perfect.

Then there's using the tab key to toggle maximised image window.

>hey fellas let us call the program something cool, something our users can associate with

the real problem with gimp is that it doesn't autosave

otherwise its tools are on par with photoshop

photoshop has the best noise removal and image smoothing tools though

you got GIMP'd