IOS supermacy

>reset iphone
>install free apps (bothers you with password entering for fucking free apps)
>try to install whatsapp (which is free too)
>sends you to appstore settings to enter CREDIT CARD info
>try to select NONE
>says "payment option is not valid in this store"

tldr, cant install a free app on this piece of shit

luckily my iphone is old and an upgrade is coming soon? Is android an annoying as this piece of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>iShit
Found your problem.

yeah i know, its incredible how much frustration i go through with my fucking phone for no real reason

why the fuck would I have to enter my address and full credit card info for downloading free apps?

Apple are the biggest jews out there.

>Apple are the biggest jews out there.
Nice that you realised that. Now try hardware that respects your freedom a little bit more than iJew. If you don't want to buy android phone and regret spending money, just borrow one from someone and test it. If you want to install apps from unknown source you must unlock this first in developers option.

You don't need neither a card, nor store to install apps on Android.

You must live in some third world country where Apple sell phones at cost so they can make money back in apps.

>free apps on an iphone
Nope.

>You must live in some third world country where Apple sell phones at cost so they can make money back in apps.
America?

My point proven.

iPhones are the cheapest in the US

>being rich
>buying iphone
pick one

>where Apple sell phones at cost
the iphone eight costs between 800 and 1100 euros, so fuck off lol

the notch phone will cost probably over 1500 euros and I will have to enter my creditcard info regardless to download fucking whatsapp..

no thx, I'm done with goyphone..

yeah, already have low end android which I use for website testing (no sim, no carrier)... I also use it for youtube sometimes, since you can actually find apps which allow playback in background on it (unlike on goyphones)...

Its basically a done deal, I'm already resarching android phones. It would be very hard at this point to convince me not to go android...

If you want to play with OS a little bit more in the future, than search custom roms, rooting option for your model and so on. If you want to customize your device - search launchers like Nova or KISS. And don't think about stock android as 'secure' or 'private' by any means. Search apps like DNS66 and AFwall+

I will probably leave it at stock. Is it possilbe to edit the hosts file of stock android to block ads in free applications? Or would I need to root it?

There are apps that accomplish that by running a vpn server on your phone and routing traffic through it, but it's better to root and edit hosts. Also you can use Lucky patcher to remove ads from apps, or even make free in-app purchases.

Login on iTunes or webpage apple and configure none as pay method, Apple is fucking shit to tried avoid credit card payment.

>vpn server on your phone and routing traffic through it
doesnt sound too bad though. Are there any security risks, I mean to do mobile banking on it and run banking token generator apps...

it would probably be best to not root it, to have at least some kind of protection against 3rd party apps..

>Login on iTunes or webpage apple and configure none as pay method
thats not the point, I already fixed it (after fucking around for 30 minutes and entering my fucking password a dozen times like a moron)...

the reality is, apple is stagnating and they dont give a fuck anymore about user experience..

I don't think there are any risks for that, certainly not from malware.

I doubt you'll have such problems with most android applications. The worst I'd expect you to go through is needing to make or login to accounts for third party services/websites, which is fairly standard anyway. That said, if you're trying to get into Whatsapp or other normalfag shit, and you're having these problems, you may have the same in the android store...assuming the issue is app-side, and not iOS/store-side.

>and not iOS/store-side.
it was iOS side. the apple store is complete shit...
>download apps
>switch to lets say US store (some apps are not present in your countries appstore for some reason)
>download apps from US store

later try updating all apps, it fucks you and asks for switching sotres and entering passwords because the fucking apps were downloaded from different appstores..

apple is literal shit man.. and you can only be a fanboy and let them fuck you for a certain amount of time (at least in my case)

Wow you must be a special kind of retarded, OP.
It's funny how people bash iOS/macOS for being "babby's first OS" yet you can't even figure the most basic shit out.,
Here are some detailed instructions to hold your retarded hand during the setup: support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

And pic related shows how you disable password requirements for free apps.

I haven't had any of the issues you're mentioning. I've always used androids while my family has used iOS devices (and hated it). They'd switch if they weren't using them for work and certain proprietary apps.

You can get a cheap chinkphone that has great specs for a fraction of iphone costs, or if you want to spend more for the latest phones (which I assume you don't mind since you've used iOS devices), Razer made a pretty cool new phone too. Most of Sup Forums likes to hate on it because of not having a headphone jack, but it comes with a charging port (Type C?) to audio jack adapter. Beyond that, it has a phenomenal screen, solid battery, nice audio, etc. I'd want one if I needed a new phone and it didn't cost so much (but it's still several hundred dollars less than an iphone).

oh look, people are too stupid to use our advanced OS...

wtf is this you fucking moron? why the fuck would you defend bad UX design?

this is literal fanboy behavior. do you have an apple tattoo on your but cheeks and feel obliged to defend them no matter what?

yeah, those chinkphones are crazy cheap. looking at the prices, i feel like there must be some catch. But then again, reading the reviews, people seem to be happy with their purchases lol

**sorry, meant to post this image

>yeah, those chinkphones are crazy cheap. looking at the prices, i feel like there must be some catch
They really are that good. Hell, the best performing phone is a chinkphone.

>why the fuck would you defend bad UX design?
I'm not defending bad design because it's not bad.

The password setting is literally under "Password Settings" and the None option for payment is in the exact same location as the credit card and others option. It's not like they bury it ten sub-menus down.

A fucking five-year-old could figure this shit out. Don't blame your retardation on UI.

Get an android phone you can root. Dont be an idiot like me

its good design to have to switch appstore countries to dowload certain apps? are you fucking kidding me... maybe this is not a problem for US citizens, but if you live in in non-us, this shit gets annoying as fuck.

also, asking for credit card info, address and other personal details to download a free app is good UX design.

this is literal jewery to get you to submit credit card info, so you can easily spend money on their shit. And I'm sure they made it intentionally complicated so you give up and enter credit card in the end..

>its good design to have to switch appstore countries to dowload certain apps? are you fucking kidding me...

But that's not a design issue, that's a legal issue. For example they had to pull Skype from the China App Store due to some shit, but I guess you'd rather have them pull it from every country for consistency's sake?

>also, asking for credit card info, address and other personal details to download a free app is good UX design.

Yes, this is good design because there are tons of great paid apps in the App Store too and it probably assumes you will want to buy them at one point. If it defaults to None then you have to go back in and change it again when you decide to buy an app later, now THAT would be bad design. Showing you the payment options (where None is an option) is the best way because it caters to everyone.

Good design is to pop-up card info form when you finally decide to buy something.

I dont live in china. If they were smart, they would have an Global appstore and smaller countries would default to that.

They could still keep the US, China store for legal issues.

Or at least they could auto switch the store themselve, or download the app without switching via some other channel.

But no, they are retarded fucks who like to annoy you.

This is not great UX design, this is great PART WITH YOUR SHEKELS design for goys.

Lets say I'm in a hurry and want to send a message via whatsapp (which I was). And apple decided to fuck me and force me to fuck with the appstore for no real reason except they want my credit card info, so I can more easy spend money on their shit. ++ for great UX design. I was so happy with it, that I'm gonna switch to their competitor now.

No. Having to select payment option twice is dumb.
Just select None if you don't plan on buying anything ever, I don't see the issue.

Which brings me to something else… I will never understand how people can blow a fucking thousand dollars on a smartphone and then refuse to spend 99 cents on a great quality app. People…

Android phones are always sub $800, and even after they’ve bought the phone they expect to get all their apps for free because android poorfags have no money left.

It’s just simple economics.

I installed whatsapp on my iPhone without any credit card settings. Perhaps you are retarded?

Meanwhile in real life you’d use iMessage or send a conventional text. Funny enough the Messages app keeps both in one place. Whatsapp is an app for poorfags and Indians.

Sounds like you’re just a shill. I bet you’re Sergey the Samshill who posted his info lmao.

>Lets say …
So just select the None option then. Jesus Christ there is no issue here. Stop forcing it.

I can come up with a fucking Bible-tier list of issues with iOS, but this is not one of them.

>whatsapp
>developed by facebook
>works on all devices

>iMessage
>develped by iFags
>works only with other goyPhones
>literally same functionality as WhatsApp

yeah, you surely convinced me. Also, most of my friends/customers are rich as fuck and I had to install whatsapp because of them, since they use androids..

>something didnt happen to me, which means it couldnt possible ever happen to anybody else
nice logic there mate. I see that post must be right, apple fags truly have the superior mental capacity and reasonging lol

also, I'm bored by this sht now. Yes, apple is great, I'm poorfag who doesnt have even a simple credit card blah blah blah......

in the end, I'll switch to android no matter what.. lets rather do something productive.

>Applel products

>No. Having to select payment option twice is dumb.
Who said anything about selecting it twice? You don't need card info until you decide to buy something.

I worked in a carrier store for a couple months and some old lady had the same problem. Looked it up and there is some way to do it without entering credit card info so I did that for her. Just look it up it wasn't that hard.

>Just look it up it wasn't that hard
I already told in this thread that I fixed it (after 30 min of failing)

but again, try to explain to me the logic of requiring credit card and payment options for FREE apps..

so they can more easily tempt you into buying apps in the future good goy