How does your cunt feel about GMOs?

How does your cunt feel about GMOs?

In the US most people don't care, and we're apparently the largest producers of them, but in schools kids are still taught that they're bad because we don't know the long term effects.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97567
sciencedatabaseonline.org/ADB1/Scientific Article JOFHS.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Banstralia
Kek, everytime

>spend centuries utilizing eugenics to obtain genetic lines that yield optimal crop growth
>GMOs cut out the middleman of time
>DEY IS BAD!!!!

>In the US most people don't care

U wot m8

Soccer moms on facebook don't represent most of the US. Most people also don't pretend that they'll die from gluten.

Not an argument

Not an argument

All food should be GMO but this is a /sci/ or Sup Forums thread

abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97567

With safety concerns widespread, Americans almost unanimously favor mandatory labels on genetically modified foods. And most say they'd use those labels to avoid the food.

Barely more than a third of the public believes that genetically modified foods are safe to eat. Instead 52 percent believe such foods are unsafe, and an additional 13 percent are unsure about them. That's broad doubt on the very basic issue of food safety.

it's not just about if products are GMO, it's also about labeling
the consumer should be free to choose what they eat, for ANY reasons they might have

There is literally NOTHING wrong with putting hormones in food or modifying anything. Clearly something is being done right

Companies try to make genetic changes to some foods so seeds can't be harvested from it. It's a terrible idea.

Also many GMO foods have pretty extremist levels of copyright swarming them. At the core there's some okay ideas with GMO, but in corporate practice it's bad.

Still not an argumentHow about human meat?

>less than half of men agreed
>it was mostly women that thought they were dangerous
>the poll only took 1,024 people, and was presumably by phone calls during the day time, so mostly soccer moms
All this poll proves is that women are walking memes.

I want you to look on the mirror, because you are cuuuuute.

Still not an argument

[citation needed]

th-thanks

Okay. I wasn't making an argument. You were.

None of these are arguments.

sciencedatabaseonline.org/ADB1/Scientific Article JOFHS.pdf

Quote:
A typical woman born in the U.S.A. or
Canada has a very large breast volume
regardless of her body weight. In many
other countries a large cup size is closely
associated with a higher than average body
weight. This association was particularly
evident in the United Kingdom and Spain.
In the U.S.A. and Canada also sporty and
fit women have very large breasts compared
to women born in the other countries.
52 % of the U.S. born Caucasian women
with BMI 21 – 24 had the factual breast cup
size “F” or larger (EU standard). Among
the women born in the other countries the
largest breast size was very uncommon in
this BMI category (

No one was making an argument.

This is still not logically soundStrawmanning is the fallacy of the fool.

I don't know about the popular opinion, but imo the only problem with GMO are the patents. I'm a bit worried that seeds could become a monetary asset for the 1%, which could (in the worst case scenario) lead to even starvation in parts of the world.

I thought the argument was about not having an argument?

I don't believe GMOs are bad. We dump so many pesticides on our foods already, juice up our livestock with antibiotics, and then turn around and fret about changing the genetics of some plants? If anything, changing the genetics so they naturally produce their own pesticides is better than dumping it onto them with a can.

Where is this stated in your source?

>There is literally NOTHING wrong with putting hormones in food or modifying anything

I was memeing you autist. Of course I don't know that hormones are directly causing bigger boobs, although if I was to speculate, the increased prevalence in xenoestrogens in our foods can cause an increased production in estrogen in females, the hormone primarily responsible for maintaining secondary sex characteristics, possibly promoting bigger boobs

Maybe it was. Were we all wrong?

>How about human meat?
?

Yes, what about it?

I didn't read your shitpost you faggot.

That is an idiotic thought process

Should we genetically modify humans to remove "unwanted" traits?

You bring nothing to the table though. Least I got a thought process lmao

Definitely, but that is a different issue altogether.

>tfw still can't breathe fire

With modern medicine, even failures get to live, so I don't see why not. Having few childrens and a good deal of them would have died 100 years ago or are a huge money drain can't be good at the long term for the us.

youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU

>Spoiler: They're not

The same polls used to show Hillary is ahead.

In no way are the two examples similar

What?

What does that have to do with GMOs, which are used for food and nothing else, and it is therefore clear what "desired" or "unwanted" traits are.

Exactly as we deal with technological advancements in the field of things meant for human consumption like pharmaceutical drugs, we need to practice a certain sense of caution when it comes to GMOs. Even if it seems a bit ridiculous or tedious at times.

If something proves to be safe for the human body and the environment, which is the case of the majority of new GMOs, then we 100% need to utilize it and reap its benefits.

Polls in general are a poor way to gauge how the population feel. They mostly get opinions of the unemployed and retired.

the middleman of time would never have allowed the Bacillus thuringiensis to cross breed with corn

it takes 10 years of double blind testing to get a chemical classed as a drug to be approved by the FDA, but thinking the same should be necessary for multi-species chimera used as food is prima facie evidence of insanity

I tell you what, you eat all the GMO you like, and I'll stick to real food

The US patent system isn't built for dealing with GMOs, and I'm pretty sure in the long run they will hurt small and middle agriculture, and US agriculture is already dominated by only a handful of companies