1.Your country

1.Your country
2.Is it a custom in your culture to have guests take their footwear off before entering someone's home?

what the fuck

Sweden
Yes without question, dragging filth in with your shoes is quite rude.

Depends, some people have 'open' planned homes they'll have a big drawing room for guests where you don't have to remove footwear, otherwise yes you take off your shoes so you don't track in dirt from outside.

depends on the circumstances I guess
if you have a party and probably have to clean the floor anyway then no

Canada,

Not particularly (hosts often insist for us to keep our shoes) but zi always take mines off as well as my socks while letting out an orgasmic growl.

Fuck wearing shoes. So uncomfy.

No but i wish it was a thing

1. flag
2. Of course. There are countries where people enter someone's house without taking off their shoes ?

Canada
Yes, it's assumed you'll take them off. It's bad manners everywhere unless you were raised by slobs.

usa

no

Sometimes people prefer it

Usually autistic people

USA yes

some folks think that in USA people walk in their homes with their shoes on but thats not the case.

1. France

2. Yes, but it's less implemented. Usually the host will warn before you enter.

I can confirm this

What the fuck Horvat?

Who the fuck goes inside with their shitstained boots? You take them off immediately after entering the house.

What do people in the US mean by this?

that they are uncivilized swines

Please don't do this. I just mopped my floor cause my dogs made it filthy. The pictures angers me.

I never take the shoes off

This picture gave me PTSD

>cousins from Sweden visit during summer
>they take off their sandals
>their ugly bare feet are fully exposed now
>I tell them that I have no extra slippers and they don't have to take their sandals off
>they insist on taking them off
>I have to look at their feet all evening and listen to that disgusting sound of sticky bare feet walking on the parquet floor

Why do they do that in every tv show?

For some reason this didn't surprise me at all.

No, not usually.

Unless:
...there's going to be a lot of guests over.
...the guests had to walk through snow to reach the door
...they come in the back door of the house (instead of the front). Then, the guests would probably take their shoes off and put them on the mat where the residing family leaves theirs.

But again, usually no. If you're having a small number of people over, or they're coming through the front door, or they didn't get a bunch of stuff on their shoes on the way in due to the weather (like snow), then usually they're told it's fine to keep their shoes on.

t. michigan

Yes, some people even insist that you keep the shoes aside from the doorstep. Not quite sure why since my family doesn't do that, but I think it's supposed to keep the path clear for good spirits.
It can get really frustrating at parties and gatherings with many people if you're going in and out a lot.