Reverting to classic YouTube

Good news. I just found that you can go back to the good old stable YouTube instead of the flash shitty one we have.

This is an official way to change it and just want to spread the word. Maybe if enough people go back to classic YouTube will take steps to change the flash look/feel/behaviour.

>Click on your profile top right and at the bottom is an option to revert to classic.

Other urls found in this thread:

vidlii.com/watch?v=5MsRVsndXRJ
vidlii.com/user/massivelegoboy
vidlii.com/watch?v=kHgViSsfOCK
vidlii.com/watch?v=wtqb6Bp6Nne
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was expecting it to go back to 2007 mode, but no it's still shit.

Me too. But still much better than the flash pop up version.

>YouTube instead of the flash shitty one we have.
the current one runs html5 not flash

>I just found that you can go back to the good old stable YouTube

I know. But somehow it feels and 'acts' like flash.
What were they thinking? Why did they make html5 and why is it the future?

that's because html5 was a mistake, i assume because it's easier to implement and you don't have to rely on flash which is getting its throat cut as we speak.
Once flash has been removed from existence i'd recommend you to use mpv+youtubedl for watching.

>your profile
lol

>mpv+youtubedl

of course not to forget the obligatory "play with" addon

>there are people on Sup Forums that needed 2 months to find option behind menu
absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

I actually like the new YouTube, I can finally resize the window to whatever size I want, for optimal corner viewing.

You can resize it manually?
I use the resize option of the browser to do this..

That's what I do, but before it would only fit to preset sizes, now I can get the size I want.

Ah yes. I see what you mean.
It didn't work for me as well. And when I used theatre mode to almost full screen, the controls and scrubbing line wasn't coming up many times with the cursor.

>you can go back to the good old stable YouTube instead of the flash shitty one we have.

Got you covered senpai
vidlii.com/watch?v=5MsRVsndXRJ

ok how do I get back to modern version?

I like dark mode

you DIDN'T know this? seriously? do you realize how late you are?

imagine it's 1918 and ww1 just ended. you're a news reporter and tell everyone in 1921 that the war ended. yup, that's how late you are.

What would be the Sup Forums equivalent of telling everyone in 1918 that Hitler would invade Polen two decades (+1yr) later?

It's really nice vidlii brings back the old 2005 layout of Youtube we all remember, but it's missing basic features like uploading video at a higher quality and being able to put subtitles on your videos. I would switch to it.

>and being able to put subtitles on your videos
Just hardcode them and upload a non-subtitled version separately.
>uploading video at a higher quality
Well I guess the website has to count server usage, not so simple when funds are skimp.

HOLY SHIT
vidlii.com/user/massivelegoboy

i want to disable javascript on youtube but it doesn't have html5 video

Vidlii is comfy, though could use a more memorable name
vidlii.com/watch?v=kHgViSsfOCK

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD
vidlii.com/watch?v=wtqb6Bp6Nne

The same equivalent to tell everyone that because of Polen jews murdering Germans some Hitler guy would invade Polen in their defense?