G-g-g-go-goys... chromefox isn't real! stop asking questions!!

>g-g-g-go-goys... chromefox isn't real! stop asking questions!!

more like FuckyeahFox

More like botnetfox
>muh default opt-outs

Quantum is such a stupid name.

$0.02 were added to your Google Wallet account

is firefox pulling an opera now? I thought they redesigning the whole thing not just copy chromium

freedom is not free
>also not ricing every component of your system
i bet you can't even implement your own OOP in C, mr. normienormalbuddyguy. now step aside kiddo. they call me 'Power User' for a reason

>not knowing how to about:config

get out of here faggot

I use firefox because it isn't a botnet client. Simple as that

Its literally Chrome but you can move the buttons and toolbars.

>he shills for free for a terrible advertising company
literal cuck

>Someone has a good idea
>Hey I'll use that idea
>LOL YOU'RE BOTH THE SAME

As a software engineer, I wish all normies would stop giving their opinion on things they know nothing about

Just like RUF cars are totally not Porsche's imaright?

>Those normies didn't need add ons, privacy, or customization anyway.

Firefox has better font rendering and you can customize most of the UI except for the scrollbar at this time.

Is it Chrome? I don't give a shit because it gives me more.

How is this thread putting a positive spin on Chrome at all? You seem insecure.

It's chrome without webp support

>Is it Chrome? I don't give a shit because it gives me more.
Yes, thats a good goy, take it in the ass without complaining.

It's chrome with babby addons.

>I use firefox because it isn't a botnet client
>opt out
>not a botnet

No, it's a pretty good name.

You see, the Tesla-Edison discussion had been brewing for a long time and Tesla (the car company) had really easy marketing with the name, because they associate Tesla with the brilliant but ignored type, so finding more about it makes them feel smart.

Similarly every average person hears about quantum in some ways, mostly as something that smart people say or talk about. So it has a very positive meaning. Mozilla foundation didn't even have to invest in marketing to have this positive attitude from the beginning, it's pretty good.

fucking normies

It works on everyone. Politicians do it a lot too. If something has a bad vibe associated with it it's easier to give it a new name.

Example
>Global warming: Myth! It has been debunked etc.
>Climate change: Maybe true?
Although this is a bit old example. People understand climate change now.

The difference between firefox and chrome

I can't tell which one is which. Can you help?

Firefox on the left, Chrome on the right.

>what is about:config

Firefox 58

Which one is better and which one is worse and why?

Can't you tell?
The fonts on the right side are blurrier and washed out. Specially smaller fonts.

Left is better. Better font rendering. Fonts look "harder/sharper" instead of washed out and blurry.

share css

How do you disable the scrollbar?

chrome still doesn't have anything like about:config

firefox is as similar to chrome as chrome is similar to steam browser

I don't know, I never could tell the difference in font rendering. Unless it's a very close up picture, at that point font rendering becomes meaningless though, but I can tell its effects.

200%+ scaling is pointless if you want to show font rendering

"Customizable" is just another way of saying "shit doesn't work in the first place, so be prepared to spend a lot of time repairing it before it's ready for use". As a marketing trick, it might work for some losers with no control over their own lives, who compensate by having """"choice"""" over their browser, because they have no choice over anything else in life.

How do you merge browser tabs with direction bar?

>"Customizable" is just another way of saying "shit doesn't work in the first place, so be prepared to spend a lot of time repairing it before it's ready for use".

Android BTFO

This shit is very noticeable. How can I get the Firefox font rendering in Chrome or chrome-based browsers?

Why don't you just use Firefox? I mean the interface is pretty much the same (or at least it can be made the same) and the performance is not that different.

I might do that, but I just don't want to go through customizing everything on a new browser all over again. Plus for some reason firefox fires up the CPU even while idle browsing with no other program open, which is pretty annoying noise-wise.

It would be much simpler to just import the one firefox feature I really want than the other way around.

Depends on what you want to customize I guess. For most cases, you can just pack up your history and bookmarks and continue as if nothing happened.

They adopted chromes plugins system, but that's about it.

The true point of Quantum is the new renderer: Servo. Written in Rust.