/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

▌ All resources from past threads (paste and comments) will be present at OuterHeaven
> i2g3vsckj67dnjvb.onion

Θ Infosec questions: building an obsessive need to find your own answers could be a key for more than one chain.

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto
> activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto
> project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
∆ Hacker Manifesto
> phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto
> archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:
░ What is cyberpunk
> hastebin.com/ayufiyuvew
▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.:
> youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk
● Cyberpunk directory:
> hastebin.com/efohokurid
▬ Cyberpunk resources
> hastebin.com/onequqodih

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources
Reference books
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
PASSWORD :
ABD52oM8T1fghmY0
> hastebin.com/oquzikafuz
> hastebin.com/owulepames
> Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm
> hastebin.com/edutujabez
▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons
> endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

◊ Free Shells and more
>sdf.org/
>shells.red-pill.eu/

₪ /cyb/ FTP
>ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
> user/password == guest

≡ IRC
> irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
> #Sup Forumspunk
> #Sup Forumssec
> #Sup Forumscyb
> (All require SSL)
> IRC guide:
> hastebin.com/izoxahaqen

» Thread archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//
> Thread backup
> cyberpunked.org/

Ψ Lasts Threads

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/atyFdf6W
youtube.com/channel/UCvrLvII5oxSWEMEkszrxXEA
raw.githubusercontent.com/CaseAnon/Dump/master/Links.txt
maritime.org/doc/neets/
mediafire.com/download/ou45m7o4xqt1qdu/Introduction to Wireshark.rar
mediafire.com/download/t98r47bpo9hy5n1/Introduction to browser security headers.rar
mediafire.com/download/n5exc1bomahud9m/Troubleshooting with Wireshark Fundamental Protocol Analysis.rar
mediafire.com/download/n98viipaz131fhq/Wireshark 2.0.rar
internetingishard.com/html-and-css/
youtube.com/watch?v=wlR5gYd6um0
youtube.com/watch?v=XA2WjJbmmoM
youtube.com/watch?v=3TX3kV3TICU
learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If any anons enjoyed the halloween theme, i bookmarked the following URL to keep enjoying it. /cyb/sec/ is way comfier this way :
pastebin.com/raw/atyFdf6W

What is the latest technological advancement in the cyber security field?

I need a good newsreader software for linux, any suggestions?

Anyone here actuallly work in cyber or are you all just cyber punk neets

cyber neet reporting in
I should be doing CTF and finishing my resume but i'm just watching youtube

Is there a HDD or SSD (no matter how old it is) with open source firmware and schematics?

Overthewire's natas and its php shenanigans turned me into a php fan.

sec neet. Playing ctf in my spare time

Do you blow php wind ?
Playing through the natas rn

>work in cyber

What is a shell? Like the ones mentioned in the link

The shell mentionned in the links are SSH sessions opened on a server which allows you a directory and few ressources

what's the use of it?

Basically it's like having remote access to a computer, anywhere you are.
You can use it to route traffic through it, have an Unix environment indepently from the hardware you use etc

Cyberpunk anime?

GitS stuff is obviously the GOAT.
Akira was good but a bit fucking weird desu at the end.
Psycho Pass is annoying and shit. The characters are gay and the language is autistic.

Gimma some good shit. GitS tier.

can't this already be done without a shell server?

GitS is overrated.

Most japanese "cyberpunk" is just sci-fi without any of the essential "punk" elements.

Yup you can set it up at home with a raspi or a spare computer

m8 no shittalking gits pls, the movie was an abortion, the originals have influenced so many other works it's not even funny

the movie was aesthetically superior to the anime. The writing and dialogue sucked but the aesthetic is what matters.

The fan part was an exaggeration so I'm not sure what php wind is.
I always found binary exploit more fun than web, probably thanks to that boring shit that is sqli, but I guess natas showed me the fun parts.
Now I'm stuck reading perl underground.

I've noticed only the diversity hire women at my work call the IT Security we do "Cyber Security"

Check last thread, I recommended trn.

And you do know that "newsreader" is a program specifically for reading Usenet News? If not the advice will not match your question.

>Most japanese "cyberpunk" is just sci-fi without any of the essential "punk" elements.
>essential "punk"
Tell me you are joking, please.

well a news aggregator is what I mean

Everyone should follow this youtube channel. It should be included in the hastebins.

youtube.com/channel/UCvrLvII5oxSWEMEkszrxXEA

Cyber City OEDO.

newsbeuter, comes with podbeuter as a podcatcher too. There is liferea if you want a normal interface.

>Courses pirated & dumped by Case, S1rlancelot & dave + some random contributions
>irc.anonops.com/6697
>#learninghub
>* This series of videocourses will guide you through the core material that an entry-level "ethical" hacker needs.

raw.githubusercontent.com/CaseAnon/Dump/master/Links.txt

Someone posted on the last thread.

OSCP videos are gone, though.

Some EE stuff.
maritime.org/doc/neets/

Can someone upload it on FTP or Mega for future generations? OP, please update

I will.

Is there a consensus on a secure email yet? what's the best option protonmail?

I want to capture all the traffic that goes in and out of a wifi network

what software would I use for this?

Wireshark.

mediafire.com/download/ou45m7o4xqt1qdu/Introduction to Wireshark.rar

mediafire.com/download/t98r47bpo9hy5n1/Introduction to browser security headers.rar -- Introduction to browser security headers
21. mediafire.com/download/ou45m7o4xqt1qdu/Introduction to Wireshark.rar -- Introduction to Wireshark
22. mediafire.com/download/n5exc1bomahud9m/Troubleshooting with Wireshark Fundamental Protocol Analysis.rar -- Troubleshooting with Wireshark
80. mediafire.com/download/n98viipaz131fhq/Wireshark 2.0.rar -- Wireshark 2.0

is pic related supposed to be good? i'm a third of the way through and it's just stupid ridiculous shit so far.

i get the self-deprecating humor (hurr Hiro Protagonist hurr), but there is no substance to it aside from being a caricature of the genre.

i also thought that Ready Player One was just pandering to nostalgic autismos.

From last thread...

>the price of medicine
I suspect trusts are at work. Americans use twice as much on health care as Europeans but have a far shorter life expectancy. Something stinks here.

Patents create monopolies, the FDA only provides marketing rights.

>decade long wait times for drugs to get approved by the fda must cost insane amounts of money and is probably the competition killer no.1
The thalidomide story is why people wanted FDA, the Vioxx story is why many want to keep the FDA. There are also other ugly stories in big pharma.

>why are patents so expensive and sought after? oh right, because there will be no competition and they guarantee a monopoly.
Sure, though there is something called compulsive licensing. That is mainly seen in India and is very controversial.
>that's why prices can be gouged and no one can do anything about it.
Patents can only go so far in creating monopolies. To reach US cost levels it takes more.

If you want a free for all you have some spectacular cases in India with illegal tests in the slums. Sure you get early results but the paper trail will not stand up to scrutiny. And many will die while papers are shredded.

t.Patent attorney

>youtube.com/channel/UCvrLvII5oxSWEMEkszrxXEA
It is now included in the FAQ, will be published soon.

>is pic related supposed to be good? i'm a third of the way through and it's just stupid ridiculous shit so far.
Yes, it is good and also an example of someone with a technical background writing /cyb/ as opposed to Wm Gibson who didn't.
>i get the self-deprecating humor (hurr Hiro Protagonist hurr), but there is no substance to it aside from being a caricature of the genre.
One criticism is that the protagonist is railroaded through much of the plot.
>i also thought that Ready Player One was just pandering to nostalgic autismos.
Nostalgia is a huge business, ref. Elite: Dangerous appealing shamelessly to the same demographics.

Literally everything was big data and now it's machine learning just like all the other tech innovations.

Sup Forums, pls of sticking to containment board

>writtten in emacs
trash desu

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

I've missed you

What mail do you use? Protonmail? Startmail?

CYBER ATTACK BUT CYBER ALSO PROTECT

do people actually use this stuff irl?

Stop watching cartoons and read Blame!, faggot

>not putting a cock.li address on your business card

I'm going to make a page to host it on Neocities.

Pic related. I need to learn VIM, Jesus F. Christ. I had to copy and paste every fucking tag. I'm too brainlet yet and Atom's default shortcuts doesn't help at all.

I'm doing internetingishard in case anyone is interested.

internetingishard.com/html-and-css/

"working" in cyber security is like being a scab during your own strike

You can get other domains if you dont want to share a mail with the name cock in it but the service is good.

Want to learn vim? Watch these videos. Ignore titles these videos are great for beginners, just make sure you watch them in this exact sequence:
Mastering the Vim Language youtube.com/watch?v=wlR5gYd6um0
How to Do 90% of What Plugins Do (With Just Vim) youtube.com/watch?v=XA2WjJbmmoM
Let Vim Do the Typing youtube.com/watch?v=3TX3kV3TICU

To move beyond that read Learn Vimscript the Hard Way by Steve Losh learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/

>do people actually use this stuff irl?

Unlike gender, cyberpunk is a spectrum.

Fukken saved. Thank you. I had enough of typing like a monkey.

camo keyboard looks awesome

No problem, they'll make you understand how vim works after that is just remembering a few letters like in this pic. Save this pic for after you watch a few videos.

I just recently I read that 25% of stores in the UK are now using facial recognition for security or other purposes as of last year. What's the best way to reliably fight facial recognition these days considering cameras are being equipped with IR filters (sometimes with a mechanism to enable/disable them if they're day/night cameras) that would prevent one from using the old IR LED headband trick, and if a company has the money to dump into a facial recognition system then paying extra for those cameras isn't out of the question? Has anyone here ever tried walking around town wearing a surgical mask to see how people respond?

Wireless cameras could suffer deauth attacks. Other than that only if you put those leds in your face to trick the camera, but it would be too suspicious, obviously.

>inb4 it becomes illegal to have tape on your face unless medically necessary in the gulag some asshole calls the UK

Is hackthissite.org a good resource to learn from?

They could order things online through burner places by Airbnb in case of shopping some things. Would have to use buttcoin to buy.

Or better yet, buy a fake mustache, put a hat, stay outside and give 2 pounds to a person buy something for you.

>Or better yet, buy a fake mustache, put a hat, stay outside and give 2 pounds to a person buy something for you.
As if that doesn't look suss as fuck

What does this even mean

How so?

Old Syndicate is GOAT cyberpunk game. Prove me wrong fags

>protip- you can't.

it definitely does test your knowledge of many programming languages and doesn't offer hints or answers. You either solve it or you dont. Give it a try if you wanna have some fun

>putting your laptop on dust

hey /sec/ i have a question about rfid/nfc credic/depit cards.
so my debit card just got renewed and i got a sent a new one on saturday. im a bit weary of nfc security. is there some way i can test what kind of information i can get from my card with an nfc reader? information after googling has been conflicting with some info stating its all encrypted and other info stating that without needing to capture the actual transaction you can gain things like the isbn and credit card holder names just by reading the tag with an nfc reader or a phone.
i currently have access to a galaxy s5 with custom rom and through the curtesy of a friend an arkscan AS10 for testing purposes.
however i never actually read too deeply into this nfc stuff and i kinda wanna know where to start.

I'm interested in learning about cyber security, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info and resources in the pastebins.

Where do you recommend I start?

I did the cyberaces tutorials a couple years ago when I was in high school and I really enjoyed it. I planned on going to community college for an associates degree in network security but ended up taking a year off to work and figure out what I really want to do with my life. 2 years later and I've decided that I want to go to university to get a bachelor's degree in cyber security, but I also want to get a head start before I actually begin classes next year.

Also should I be concerned about downloading those books from the mega link in the OP? Is it safe?

>Old Syndicate
Nothing turns up on google

The bullfrog game called syndicate, is that what you mean?

I like that company, I used to play theme hospital a lot

is it actually safe to download anything from this thread or visit any of the websites?

professional pen tester here. Work for as fed govt contractor and on the side with private entities. I speak at cons, publish white papers, books, articles, etc. Am BAMF.

depending on whom you're trying to be safe of.
If it's the feds, you're probably out of luck any way.
but opening text dumps visited by a couple hundred of users plus web spiders won't make a difference here.

>Also should I be concerned about downloading those books from the mega link in the OP? Is it safe?
It's just ebooks and code samples, nothing executable.

>Thinking $BigPharma are not like the corps. of /cyb/
Are you new here??

I'm using it. Have 500 MB free and after long time I only filled 150MB

At least you are smart enough to realize that :^)
That's how you become pro

>internetingishard.com/html-and-css/

I am interested

IIRC, there was an app that was removed from the play store that allowed you to steal some infosfromw few credit cards. I guess each credit card was more or less secure.
Try to learn how to read various nfc cards (i.e public transportations cards where most infos are already encrypted. There's some free apps on fdroid). If you have access to better hardware that's great, there should be free doc on the interwebz

Learn programming (C...), get used to Unix systems, learn about networking and web interfaces. That'll give you a solid basis.

Then you'll dig into the netsec field. The books i provided in the mega link aren't dangerous, nohting more than pdf and code samples. But there are a lot of ressources.
When i began , jon erikson's art of exploitation gave me a good start with C notions, buffer overflows and ASM, and some networking stuff. Gives also some crypto notions. But it's not a lot webapp based, but you'll easily get into it with other ressources

I'm willing to help if needed

No camo
Laptops should be hidden in the seats, with retractable screens
No solar panels for long term comms and air conditioning
Nice car but unsuited rough terrain

bumpy bump

Who's playing CTF/wargames currently ?

>Cyberpunk anime?
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Also, did you check Jinteki for an extensive list?

Also^2: what happened to Jinteki OP?

I work in automotive, mostly on embedded hardware. My job keeps dragging me into cloud/backend discussions though, bc all the webshit IT hires have no idea what they're doing

So I am working my way into reverse engineering, I am mainly looking a companies that are under GPL, and look at source code. Since I have messed with openwrt (which I found out asus uses openwrt on their routers, call it asusWRT)

When I am looking at source code, where would I usually check for vulnerabilities?

I remember reading a blog post how one guy used chroot and qemu(I think) to host the web gui of the router, to check for vulnerabilities.

I also have a question, is there a way I can simulate the whole router instead of just parts or will I be better off buying the actual router, and try wireless attacks against it?

which building is this

what building is this?

Help me make a roadmap, /sec/, i'm fucking tired of myself
so here's the thing, i'm trying to achieve a godtier level of software engineering and pentesting (both offensive and defensive) and i'm starting from 0.

my current roadmap:
>first, learn a language of choice to make own pentesting tools (in my case, ruby)
got most of this done, now learning how to use libraries
>learn C and x86 ASM because why the fuck not
>learn networking 101, packet sniffing and analysis, sysadmin
>learn reverse engineering

i feel like i'm doing it wrong, help.

what's that site called "somthing"chef and it lets you chain together conversions eg from hex > rot13 > base6

Yup. That's the one, from Bullfrog. There's a remake but it's complete shit. Well the aesthetic is nice but they changed the game entirely.

why wouldn't I? there's everything one could ask for. Even cocks

Apply everything you learn. Make a program for every chapter that you read on these technologies. That's what I've been doing. Better than expect to build something after reading the whole thing.

Just have fun