What is so bad bout the EU that made Britain leave?

What is so bad bout the EU that made Britain leave?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37060430
express.co.uk/finance/city/700056/FTSE-100-surges-towards-record-7-000-highs
theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/09/uk-trade-deficit-widens-brexit-economy-eu-referendum
youtube.com/watch?v=3RjUJy7kDOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The importation of """"""refugees"""""" and the lack of political independence.

It's complicated and scares people.

You cannot stop the german empire!

its controlled by the kikes

It's like signing a deal then have the other party add 50 pages to the deal 10 years later without your consent. Of course you'd want to break up the contract.

Merkelreich

basically, this

1. square peg in a round hole
2. it's a really messy hole

It was a threat to sovereignty and couldn't be reformed due to how complicated it is

too many French

Mainly buzzwords and too many foreigners.

> lack of political independence.
Wasn't Britain one of the top countries in the EU?

because we were in a net loss due to being in the EU and they gave us a fraction of our money back and called it 'funding'

the starts don't represent the amount of members though

This is hot

not really, since we weren't really part of most of it anyway

It's like the US federal government, but worse.

If that doesn't terrify you, I don't know what will.

It's shit
Because of this ---> Not too sure about this however --->

>Net financial loss
>Loss of sovereignty in forms such as the court of human right stopping us from deporting bad chaps
>Merkelreich in progress despite the EU supposedly being for the opposite reason
>Pushing for GREATER integration, not less, over time with the absolute goal explicitly being a united states of Europe
>the rapefugee happening

As usual, Britain bites the bullet and sacrifices short term financial gain and longer term stability in order to give Europe a slap in the face for their own good

The biggest factor IMO is that the people really don't care about the EU that much here. On the mainland you see EU flags all over the place, I don't think there are any EU flags anywhere in London. We don't have the connection with it that the other members have and I don't think they realised that.

Only in Eastern Europe you see EU flags everywhere tBh.

>no Schengen
>no Euro

could you really say we were actually in it?

>On the mainland you see EU flags all over the place
No, they really don't. The main reason as to why the UK left is because the people don't know jack shit about it.

>Net financial loss
Eh, it's way too early to say that

>such as the court of human right stopping us from deporting bad chaps
Council of Europe != European union

>Merkelreich in progress
>rapefugees
It's very much looking like you're going to have to adhere to most rules and accept free movement of people regardless of whether or not you're a member right now.

Basically you're going to be a member without membership status.

I'd fuck this pussy

Have some confidence in your country and countrymen faggot

Because EU is fucking trash.

Swexit when?

they fell for the memes

also grumpy old people

>>Net financial loss
literally every single economic institute of any sort of respectability showed that the economic benefits of the EU far outweighed the already small (for a country of the UK's size) contribution to the EU budget

>>Loss of sovereignty in forms such as the court of human right stopping us from deporting bad chaps

the European court of human rights is literally unrelated to EU

>>Merkelreich in progress despite the EU supposedly being for the opposite reason

Germany's power in the EU is exeggerated

>>Pushing for GREATER integration, not less, over time with the absolute goal explicitly being a united states of Europe

The UK was explicitly exempted from an ever closer union

>the rapefugee happening

the UK barely took any in and the ones that were taken in were selected and vetted from refugee camps in Jordan, they weren't border hoppers

Implying you can resist thinking "Fuck the EU" when you see this

>the only loss the UK suffers is contributions to the EU budget

What did he mean by this?

actually I said this because I was in Portugal just last week and that was one of the things I noticed.

Financial loss, yes. Look at the post I responded to.

>falling for the 'it was the old racists' meme

they taught you well

And the loss of all the forced EU regulations and requirements?

Brexit was the best thing that could happen.

Because the EU suits little SJW non-copuntries like Belgium and Netherlands and works just for Germany. It's pretty evident now that we didn't need the EU.

why would we remain if we weren't ever properly in it anyway? remaining would just threaten our sovereignty for no real gain. A far better relationship with Europe would be from outside of the Union as a trading partner, rather than pretending we're in it like the rest of the members.

Ah yes every (((financial institution)))

I just came for the pic, bye

not an argument
>And the loss of all the forced EU regulations and requirements?

what regulation was so damaging to the British economy that it would justify the largest trading bloc in the world?

yes Seamus, I know the British people are tired of experts.

>why would we remain if we weren't ever properly in it anyway?

because trade senpai

>remaining would just threaten our sovereignty for no real gain

literally the opposite, Britain got to remain in the common market and enjoyed its benefits while not implementing things it didn't want like the Euro, Schengen, the rebate, the refugee settlement programme, etc.

>A far better relationship with Europe would be from outside of the Union as a trading partner, rather than pretending we're in it like the rest of the members.

That would either mean a loss of trade or accepting regulations while having no say in them.

Centralized lawmaking

>>because trade senpai
>implying

They say we're gonna lose on trade but everyone knows that's not really gonna happen.

Why do you even try to discuss?
Memes like le Merkel Empire will always be stronger then any rational thought.

>no opinion different to mine is worth discussing

how German

if it wasn't your empire then why are you so salty about us leaving? :)

I was pro Brexit already since I heard about it.
You were a leech and your gone.

Also your institutions made a big effort to turn EU into what it is now.

I just count on the european right wing parties to repair what "political correctness" destroyed.

because we can quite easily do without it.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37060430

express.co.uk/finance/city/700056/FTSE-100-surges-towards-record-7-000-highs

Literally nothing. What made the UK leave was the prospect of swarthy immigrants with their terrors and smelly food invading their precious Londonistan. Only pure Punjabi allowed thank you. Economic growth, free trade union, what's that? Sounds awful Jewish to me, right old chap? Let's go to the chippy, it's been months since my last stroke.

>Europe
>right wing

the EU is unironically being led by communists. none of them are ours. don't try to blame us for what the EU became. We were never more than half members.

>economically protectionist policies making british industry noncompetitive on a global market
>complete lack of say on the legislation or repealing of EU policies
>the completely undemocratic nature of the EU in general
>the freedom of movement policies decentralizing previously national issues, which perpetuates the necessity of a multinational government
>the EU forcing the UK to split up its fishing grounds with other EU nations
>a british politician having to be in the same room with merkel and juncker
basically the perfect example of bureaucracy gone bad

They'll still participate in the single market through EFTA just like Norway and Switzerland

would you want to see Norway in the EU then?

not an argument

it's already happening, as pretty much everyone predicted
theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/09/uk-trade-deficit-widens-brexit-economy-eu-referendum

a lot of people simply don't bother to actually look up how the EU works and what it actually does

tell me more about why I voted, I had no idea until I read your post

>www.theguardian.com
>implying the Guardian has ever been right about anything
>posting from left wing SJW eurocuck news sources

>the EU is unironically being led by communists

Memes are stronger than the rational thought, Why even bother?

so your government is essentially spending money where EU money used to be spent? How is that good exactly?

The stock market really isn't reflective of the general economy and people's living standards. The British economy actually shrunk this month.

youtube.com/watch?v=3RjUJy7kDOM

sorry you're not open for arguments

Yes, that's the icing on the cake really. Their reputation forever blotched in the ink of millions of their voters. And still the only thing they got was the ability to not vote in the EU or the UN Security Council.

We're already in the EU really. We're the quickest EU/EFTA country when it comes to adopting new EU legislation. We're not relevant enough to have an impact so I am indifferent to the fact we cannot vote.

If you didn't vote leave because of immigrants you're just a giant retard.

because that EU money was our money beforehand.

>give 200 million a week to the EU
>the EU gives us SOME of it back and calls it 'funding'

thanks EU

Did you actually read the source or did you simply disregard it because it's the guardian. The source is actually reporting findings of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, the Guardian doesn't have anything to do with the findings.

Fuck Britain they have too many Muslims anyway

if you think leaving the EU is going to affect our immigration you're deluded.

it was from the EU budget, to which all member states contribute

immigration was one of the most, if not the most important issue to leave voters, so that would be extremely ironic

It's glad this patriotic british hero now retired and will live a cozy life in the caribbean sea with his hard earned britbux.
Surely a person to trust.

If you voted leave because of immigrants you're a paranoid xenophobe _and_ a retard. Britain got the best deal in all of Europe when it came to enumeration, screening, and selection of potential refugees.

we gave 200 million a week and received less of that back into the EU funding areas. should I post it again?

>Britain got the best deal in all of Europe when it came to enumeration, screening, and selection of potential refugees

does that make the EU good?

>patriotism
>bad

Merkel taught you well.

White doesn't exist.

imo its pretty sad that political action is decided by sensationalist bullshit that rarely has anything to do with the actual political situation at hand

i hope trump gets voted in so the states has a king john moment, maybe they'l see some reform on decentralization of power and maybe people will care more about the party than the leader

>sensationalist bullshit

would you stop falling for your pro EU media for fuck sake. the reasons for Brexit were valid and Brexit is going very well.

It doesn't make them good or evil. It shows only that they are willing to extend an arm in the hopes of expanding its economy. More people means a larger economy, as long as integration is promoted not to mention actually happens. Which it has done in Britain, where second-generation immigrants are a substantial net benefit to the economy. That's what the EU is. It looks at numbers. The number of € in the bank. That's just true neutral.

Merkel

And it is a great reason to leave

im pro brexit you dengus, see
im saying there are a lot bigger problems than immigration to your nation, and either way immigration wont change much at all

Actually the cost is about £150 million a week. Which is around £2 a week per brit or around £100 per year. Less than the TV license.

You could literally save more by removing the fucking TV license. But no. Fuck that! Let's leave the EU instead and incur massive short term costs and destabilize our economy instead because muh sovereignty.

You might very well stand to lose more money from the economic downturn incurred by leaving the EU.

It so blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain that it's just rhetoric.

it's actually lower than that since the EU makes direct contributions to the UK private sector which are not accounted for. Still the net gain of EU membership compensates for the net contribution.

It means that British fears of the EU forcing British to take in hundreds of thousands of Syrians are simply not valid. The UK took in relative few refugees

You guys will be alright.

We were. We were one of the big five. We had special exceptions. We were the safest economy. We had it both ways and now we have nothing. Poland or turkey will take over from us.

>literally every single economic institute of any sort of respectability showed that the economic benefits of the EU far outweighed the already small (for a country of the UK's size) contribution to the EU budget

Not at all. It was mainly banks (who have vested interest) and professors who have been drinking the neoliberal kool aid for 4 decades now so they support EU because they believe in neoliberalism. Cameron himself accidentally let slip that leaving the EU could result in higher wages for the middle class.

Leaving the EU was a positive for the government and domestic industry, and a negative for the consumers. Whether the increased employment from the increased industry and government outweighs the increased cost of consumption is yet to be seen.

t. a degree in economy

Nice proof

the EU is the worlds fastest shrinking economy and we are one of the fastest growing :)

>It's very much looking like you're going to have to adhere to most rules and accept

Except without the horde of rapefugees

After the rebates we got and the funding the EU gave to the farmers and stuff, we lost like £20,000,000 a week, which for the UK is literally nothing at all

Not really. The EU has made it very clear that it expects of the UK to keep its borders open to European citizens if it wish to partake in the single market. Besides, the UK already got a large population of Muslims.

>would you stop falling for your pro EU media for fuck sake

the entire British tabloid press was shilling hard for Brexit

>the reasons for Brexit were valid

the regions with the lowest levels of immigration voted the most for Brexit, leave voters state immigration was one of the most important issues, immigrants in the UK contribute more in taxes than they take out. The economic case of Brexit is complete horseshit.

>Brexit is going very well.

the economy already shrunk last month

>very much looking like you're going to have to adhere to most rules and accept free movement of people

People need to be reminded that deals work 2 ways. We don't have to agree a shit deal..

not an argument

IT'S
NOT
ABOUT
FUCKING
IMMIGRATION

t. rused

>the economy already shrunk last month
short term losses were expected, and they were expected to be far worse than they are.

explain, germany

>keep its borders open to European citizens
"European citizens" are starting to look a lot browner in recent years though

Exactly, it's two way process. In other words

>We don't have to agree a shit deal..
We might

not sure what you're trying to say with your comment

we don't, but after 2 years the rest of the members have the option to just say 'k by then' and kick us out without any sort of deal

>and the funding the EU gave to the farmers
It is also good to remember, that EU isn't subsidizing agriculture out of kindness.
EU has forced almost all member countries to stop domestic protectionism of agriculture and forcibly made the subsidies come from the EU, and the EU pays a lot less than the governments would have.

They do it to promote free trade (kill industry to pander to France and the Netherlands) and hey, I'm sure the EU doesn't mind that countries like Finland, Sweden and others that can't sustain commercial agriculture have become more dependent on more "loyal" EU countries such as the Netherlands and Germany.

and this