Protonmail

I want to switch from Gmail to something better. Is protonmail the best and most secure option? Is it reliable? Weren't there some attacks on it few months ago when you couldn't access it?
Are there any alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/#email
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
chiru.no/a/mail/
thehackernews.com/2015/11/encrypted-email-protonmail.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cock.li

privacytools.io/#email

did you know that protonmail routes all traffic through mossad servers?

Secure is a meme.
If you don't know basic opsec you are never safe like how cuckflare can literally MitM all websites you browse and how the SS.NSA submarine spliced every submarine cable and continuously stores anything they can because of the fact that our current encryption level will be obselete someday.
Say hi to the people in 2050 reading this message.
Just register in openmailbox. don't give a shit and be anonymous. Security is when they don't gitgud. Literally gmail, yahoo, and other 'secure' mail providers got pwned back in the days.
If you want extra secure just build your own email server with extra intrusion monitoring. Only costs a few bucks, neurons, and patience.

I like them
Also they just made it so its not GAPPS reliant

I'll actually pay for it when the app gets out of beta

>what is PGP

/thread

>how the SS.NSA submarine spliced every submarine cable and continuously stores anything they can
wh-what?

I use it for company mail with my own domain and stuff but thats because I'm too lazy to setup a secure postfix+dovecot setup on virtual cloud instance.

Undersea cables were spliced by the NSA and the NSA stores all data in their datacenters

and in 100 years when tech has advanced to an extreme point it will be easy to decrypt our current encryption standards because of moore's law. basically you are pwned if you've done anything illegal, assuming the Statute of limitations doesn't come into play. If you want good security you need to "git good" and out last that. And hope they don't extend it.

My data plan only gives me free data for Gmail though, so I can't really use protonmail

posteo.net

This is why I switched to startmail, by the same tulip sniffers that make startpage

moores law has been decalred death

silicon chips are almost at their size limit

>in 100 years
>you are pwned
I don't think I'll care in 100 years. If thry really want to crack the case and expose all my anime torrenting they can have at it.

The idiocy from Sup Forums about Protonmail is hilarious. Watch out for the Reptilians, too! The operate it you know! Really!

It's a good, secure service. Encrypted end to end and on-disk. Even the Reptilians in the Mossad who tapped the undersea cables with NSA submarines can't read it! :^)

>and in 100 years when tech has advanced to an extreme point it will be easy to decrypt our current encryption standards because of moore's law.
So they'll dig up my corpse and put it in jail? Frightening!

if you don't take care of the encryption yourself it's snake oil, period
might as well use gmail

Excuse me? Proof?

>make tutanota email for throwaway accounts
>facebook doesnt let me use it

If thats not a sign those corporate fucks want all our data, i dont know what it is

It won't take anything like 100 years because of advancements in quantum computing. The NSA may already have a powerful enough quantum system implementing Shor's algorithm to render virtually all encryption broken.

oh shut the fuck up you stupid faggot

"shor's algorithm"

fucking retarded autistic fuck

>I want to switch from Gmail to something better.
This is exactly what I did.
>Is protonmail the best and most secure option?
Not sure about best but it is secure and open source.
>Is it reliable?
Yes, I've been with Protonmail since beta.
>Weren't there some attacks on it few months ago when you couldn't access it?
They constantly report DDOS attacks but never lost service.
>Are there any alternatives?
Check privacytools website.

You mean the email provider in Germany that keeps getting raided and having their servers taken away?

Fake rumors
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

i'd go with disroot.org, posteo or the damn cock.li.
500MB isnt enough space.

How do you picture that happening? How exactly is everyone supposed to operate their own email servers?

why did they wait to tell us that the israel reroute wasn't malicious until someone else found out about it?

There is no better than Gmail. Security and functionality-wise, it's a multi-billion dollar company.
Privacy, as in ' I don't want someone sniffing through my e-mail' here's the news for you: E-mail is not supposed to be private, take it a sending a postal via postmail, just PGP whatever the fuck you want to send.

>protonmail
They turned on a guy and disabled his account once the cops came, search reddit.

Protonmail isn't that bad, but the company are SJWs.

Also, pretty much anything is better than Gmail (except shit like Hotmail/Outlook/Yahoo...).

No, it isn't
They used some mossad linked CDN service to mitigate DDOS attacks more than once.
Look it up on jewgle, goy.

germany?
wasn't the guy an actual paedo living in romania,got arrested and there was a new owner?

The server was hosted in germany, after a couple of raids he moved the server also to romania.
I don't think he is a pedo tho.

dis^

Isn't it run by German sjw? How come it's better than protonmail

Because anyone with a fragment of understanding about how the internet and DDOS mitigation works would never think it was an issue. I guess shame on them for not realizing their customer base is full of ignorant, paranoid, basement-dwelling nutjobs.

Radware is one of the largest providers of load balancing and security appliances. Chances are literally every single packet you send out on the internet passes through several of their boxes. Even if the company at the other end isn't using Radware, you can bet someone in between is. If Protonmail had chosen a different DDOS vendor, nutjobs would have accused them of the same thing. If it's not the Mossad, it's the NSA, or the reptilians.

Even if Radware is a Mossad front, which it isn't, it doesn't matter as long as the data is encrypted end-to-end, and that's Protonmail's main feature. That's the whole reason to use encrypted mail in the first place: because you can't ensure the secrecy of data on the wire or in the data center.

chiru.no/a/mail/

Still the best mail service desu

Holy shit, I had no idea this existed. Thank, man.

fastmail. poorfags need not apply

I admire them, but
>No personal domain
>No bitcoin

>chiru.no/a/mail/
>No information about their servers
Want to love it, can't trust it

They are German I don't trust them, they will give my data to refugees

Is it legit? Actually are Japanese companies better when it come to privacy? Samurai is better than Jew right? Line is better than WhatsApp right?

No SJWs, but leaning left
For privacy reasons, as stated in their FAQ

I know their reason, but I would like to use them

Maybe mailbox.org then ?

Help me understand the popularity in these German and Belgium hostess that claim security and privacy. Aren't they within the fourteen eyes?

Why often the distrust with Protonmail? Is it because they're new and growing at a extreme rate?

Snakeoil startup with le meme science name

So no real reason

because they've already been hacked and the end-to-end encryption only applies for proton-to-proton emails, aka pretty much none of them

How poorly they handled that DDOS/randsom attack should tell you enough

that's true of all encrypted email services though... You can't send an encrypted email to fucking gmail.

exactly, so protonmail in practice is no better than any other provider aside from the fact they're not an advertising company like google

I'm actually quite ignorant on networking, but was there to witness protonmail being held ransom by DDOS. How should it been taken care of, I remember reading that the attack was on the scale of something only a massive botnet could perform
Link to hack

thehackernews.com/2015/11/encrypted-email-protonmail.html

i unironically have a protonmail account not because of its encryption, but labeling system

Using DDOS protections services is a huge security compromise they should not have taken.
Informing their customers that they are down for some time because DDOS attack would have been a far better solution.

I don't understand why people think photonmail is a perfect privacy email service but it doesn't use PGP, meaning they can read all of your incoming and outgoing mail. End-to-End encryption doesn't matter because mail have to be unencrypted before mail server sends it out. Vice-versa for receiving.

If you want a true private email, use PGP

>End-to-End encryption doesn't matter because mail have to be unencrypted before mail server sends it out.

Usually trust Privacytools.io for their recommendations, but why the lack of trust in protonmail.

Protonmail deleted an account because they saw the address written up in a pamphlet in the street about right-leaning stuff.

Can you really trust a site that deletes accounts on a whim because muh sjw fefees? What if I wrote my enemies account on such a thing false flagging it and sent it to their twitter?

Not a fan of hosting important stuff on the back of a mentally unstable leftcuck.

why arent you using /ourmail/ cock.li??

tell me how this works if I'm on my private email server, i send mail to photonmail. Photonmail will read it first then encrypt it. Vice versa for receiving

jews

good goy

also, photonmail generates private key for you, so they already own your mails

which they encrypt symmetrically using your password

Because you fucked up giving it le epik meme name. Not suitable for serious stuff.

just use @airmail domain for 'serious' stuff goy

/thread

Is fastmail good?

yes. webmail interface is simple, mail and calendar services just werk with third party programs. customer service is a real live person ime.

This , can someone give nonmeme explanation?

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman

No one said a damn thing about any Sup Forums topic. Gtfo.

2 things to add to this clued up bro.

British NSA equivalent tap all internet exchanges in the UK. They get a massive percentage of world traffic from these taps. You can not hide from this adversary.

Having good opsec is almost impossible in 2017 and is getting harder and harder every year. Be aware and put as little out there as possible, Degoogle and never use Facebook but don't try to achieve perfect security/privacy. Its not possible if you want a good job and a social life.

That's good!

>Actually are Japanese companies
>Japanese companies
>scrot is clearly Clover OS
>Japanese

Don't use a mail service with a domain name that isn't com, net, or org. I run a mail server and the amount of spam that comes from other domains is insane. I have to heavily weight against mail coming from eu, info, top, and a bunch of other random domains because their registrars are incredibly irresponsible, leading to their domains frequently being used for spam. I can't imagine I'm the only one doing this, so just a heads up that you're more likely to have delivery issues.

reminder germany is just as bad or even worse than uk/us when it comes to privacy.

I tried using protonmail for a few months, but ended up using my google account all the time anyway for Docs and Sheets. Figured what's the point and back to Gmail.

Sharing/editing/collaboration is just too easy on Gmail and I use it a lot for my business and with my clients. I hope other privacy minded providers support this stuff in the future and ill gladly switch.

Sauce?

>Degoogle and never use Facebook

Something to think about, they know that a lot of people with something to hide are going to avoid using these platforms. What if they develop AI to specifically target this, go after people without a facebook. I feel as if it is better to keep up a normie appearance if you want to stay hidden.

His ass

>extra secure
>build your own email server
Look at this clueless faggot. I bet matrix is your favorite movie.

Germany's leader didn't just try to BAN ENCRYPTION. This is bullshit.

t. angela merkel

This

>tfw because of all the NSA leaks and big data mining you're going to end up going with a paid email service and buying your own domain for your personal email

If you said this would happen 15 years ago, I wouldn't believe it.

I was using Protonmail, but then I went on holidays and forgot my password, I don't use any password manager so I lost the account.

ctrl f no mail fence

use mailfence. ffs Very underrated

>mailfence
just created an account, and surprise! same false advertisement for you to join
every decent feature is paid