Firefox is fucking dead

Quantum was the last nail in the coffin. I hope the Mozilla will enjoy having a 0.0000000000012% market share in the future, they don't deserve any more.

Why didn't they ever fucking listen to the users? All we had ever asked for was: Customizability, a wide range of addons and choices, also the browser to not look and work like fucking Chrome, that disgusting piece of shit botnet.

And in spite of the feedback being overwhelmingly negative, they still went fucking ahead and did this.
Fuck Firefox.

Indeed

>inb4 denial
>inb4 find dozens of hidden about:config entries, change them, and ensure that they don't reset when the browser updates or they add new ones in future
>inb4 MITI and Riseup don't matter
>inb4 Cliqz was only 1% of Germans
>inb4 'you hate firefox so obviously you're a shill for Chrome'

>And in spite of the feedback being overwhelmingly negative, they still went fucking ahead and did this.
[citation needed]

Great arguments.

I really hate that logo.

It's like all the prophecies of them going flat came true.

Can I install the old version of firefox? I'm fucking tired of all my addons not working.

what are you gonna switch to brave?

As much as I hate firefox, especially the new one. This is step forward for Mozilla. The new stuff have many doors yet to be opened for future optimizations and if all goes well, next year we will have something x2 times better than this.

Also Rust + Webassembly is going to be something we all need in the near future.

Firefox 53 ESR is still supported for a while. After that you'll have to switch to a fork such as Palememe, or Placebofox (Waterfox).

I really don't understand people who complain about purely cosmetic changes like
>muh rounded tabs
or the new logo
These are the real issue, mozilla has been getting more heavy-handed with their data collection and I really hope this isn't the new trend.

>Palememe
Can confirm that it is comfy

Firefox 52 ESR will receive security updates until March-April 2018. It's what I use until then.

I'm going to blow your minds real quick.

After you read this post, you will not unsee the new firefox logo, as trump's toupee.

You're welcome, and also you're now breathing manually.

why aren't chrome shills capable of pointing out actual flaws in firefox?

It will receive updates even up to July according to their unhelpful infographic.

>Placebofox

Like Chrome is any better. Fucking bullshit reloading a tab just because I haven't looked at it in five minutes

shieeet nigga

>Like Chrome is any better
See
Criticism of Firefox does not imply support of Chrome

Waterfox was started by a guy in 2011 when FF was still 32 bit.
So he was rewriting everything n' shiet. But Waterfox wasn't by any means faster than Firefox according to tests, in fact it was a bit slower even.
With FF having adopted 64 bit not that long ago, Waterfox as a project lost its meaning, but it's still maintained, I believe the guy just removes pocket, telemetry and other garbage Firefox puts into the browser and that's it. Hence the term: Placebofox.

>look like chrome

Funny, mine doesnt look like chrome. Use your brain.

Learn to adapt you crybaby brainlet. If your add-ons were important, well coded and supported they'd still work. To me it sounds like a bunch of aspies crying over cargo-cult spaghetti code. I'm happy that trash has been consigned to the trash along with the garbage community of parasites that comes with it.

>unreadable font
>hideous theme
>flat meme design
>Funny, mine doesnt look like chrome.

Looking great, chief.

>Noscript wasn't important
>The actually good vim extensions like VimFX, Vimperator, and Pendactyl weren't well coded

>greentext

What extensions are you using?

Quantum made me switch back to Firefox on my laptop from Chromium.

NoScript is coming. Use uMatrix in the meantime.
For Vim, check out Vim Vixen. Quite comfy.

Actually, it reminds me of blonde Tracer.

>overwhelmingly negative feedback
Every time. You're 0.01%.

>NoScript is coming
Will it be 100% as fully featured as its previous versions, or will it be a restricted and less effective version of its former self?
>Vim Vixen
Does it work on all pages and parts of the browser? As in, will it work on all the options and preferences menus, have a shortcut for entering the URL or search bars, and not fuck up on certain websites?
Because VimFX could do all of these things, and the webextension I tried, Vimium-FF could not.

Also, the issues about MITI, Riseup, Cliqz, about:config fuckery, etc still stand

i like it

The problem is that VimFX's ubiquity is a security hazard.
It has the potential to be it's own loop but if you expect it to hijack parts of the browser UI, you'll be dissapointed.

It's a bit sad because i really liked how vimfx integrated seamlessly with the browser, but i'm willing to give up some functionality for security and speed. I'm sure not everyone is ready to do that, hence the backlash.