What is the science behind people being emotionally invested in multi billion dollar corporations like Apple and Samsung

What is the science behind people being emotionally invested in multi billion dollar corporations like Apple and Samsung

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc
youtube.com/watch?v=TdkeMpN8hOI
youtube.com/watch?v=TXh9q4TnCNw
youtube.com/watch?v=aTzS4sQfn4U
youtube.com/watch?v=5MUJWIOnURQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CUeNP51XTeg
youtube.com/watch?v=vItVYyfgVTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trying to look better than the other plebians

>people
consumers or employees?

youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

Bugmanism

What's wrong with hard water?

They moment people invest into something they make a choice that implies they judge the company is good, saying the company is shit in retrospect makes them look stupid so it can't be true -denial sets in. Secondary enforcing that behaviour is the sunken cost fallacy. They don't get that said investment is lost anyway and try to cling to it by investing further into the same crappile.

>the science behind emotions

Serotonin, Dopamine and Norepinephrine.

I love how godfags shit on everything else but still think their religion is not normie-tier

It really depends, man. My first Android phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and I loved the crap out of that phone. The second Samsung started pulling their bullshit where you NEED to buy their proprietary accessories because they embed a fucking RFID into it, I switched to other brands.

Tastes like crap. Get a $80 RO filter from ebay

Just means you don't fall into that category and can seperate yourself from the product. Not everyone falls for sunken cost fallacy either but it's quite widespread.

Companies can be observed frequently releasing initially better products and then pushing the quality down once the reviews went in and the customerbase is established. Shit works cause people don't abandon brands quickly when they lower quality.

nihilism is bug?

this is a new form of religion

Watch BBC Three's "Secrets of the Superbrands"

youtube.com/watch?v=TdkeMpN8hOI

It works, until it doesn't. And then they go bankrupt. Colt, for instance. Or now Remington.

Doesn't matter when you just want to max short-term profit.

>Major firearm company for over 200 years
>Decide to crash the thing with no survivors so that you can squeeze as much cash out of it you can before your retirement
I seriously hate boomers.
youtube.com/watch?v=TXh9q4TnCNw

Do the people who make insane shit like this know how crazy they look to people who don't share their particular brain disorder?

Tribalism.

Brainwashing.

Um. Excuse me. _Marketing_

What happened? I don't know anything about guns

Company was acquired by Freedom Group, quality took an immediate nosedive and now they're going to default.
The "joke" in the firearm community is that Freedom Group/Cerberus are actually anti-gun and buy up companies in order to destroy them.
If you want a good laugh...
youtube.com/watch?v=aTzS4sQfn4U
youtube.com/watch?v=5MUJWIOnURQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CUeNP51XTeg

What is the magic window collective? I cannot find any information on them.

Tribalism, people are worthless search love support some brands.

That's because most of this dog is made up. It's like the iceberg memes you see of music, games, or book genres

This.

Found the soyboy

>Alien abductees (anally probed)

hard water has a high mineral content, especially calcium and magnesium

a popular conspiracy theory is that it helps calcify the perpetual or penumbral or paranoid or whatever gland in the brain and by doing to making people dosile

in reality all it really does is make water taste "thick" and you need to use more detergent to wash clothes in it

>Someone wasted an hour to make this.
Whoever he was he's as bad as the bugmen he talks about so much.

I came here to post this And this

they do not but then again they do have quite the different worldview and that usually reflects on their success in life

also, i looked up the word 'bugman' and the whole term just reeks jealousy

>Midwest Emo fans

Lost it

Look into being a fanboy.

Humans are weaks and what's better than something they deemed superior to guide them?
This follow the exact same pattern than religions and activate the exact same zones in the brain.
Talking shit about a brand you invested money in is taken as a personal attack by said weaklings exactly like when you talk shit about religions.
Anthropocentrism is a cancer, the always reducing number of religious people is replacd by companies drones willing to die for them.
Obscurantism is the master key, once people are educated this retarded behavior will disapear.

The pituitary gland. Jesus. Did you not take biology in high school?

pretty bold statement coming from somebody who browses an anime forum in his freetime

It pretty much a replacement patriotism and the need to be special

The science will be similar to research looking into why people choose teams like in sports. It's not rational. People just pick and a side and stick to it. Same with politics. Often times in social science you don't need really hyper-specific questions. You do research in an overarching idea (why do people choose sides) and it will generalize fairly well.

i could've googled it, but i chose not too

apparently i value honesty towards strangers over accuracy

It's just a TEAM mentality.

To remedy this autism, try worshiping something else.

>What is the science behind people being emotionally invested

MAYBE

GO

AND

THIS

ON

/SCI/

My criticism isn't your failure to google it, but your failure to know the basics of the endocrinological system that controls just about every aspect of your daily life. It's like that chick who said on social media that the testicles are where the body stores urine.

This is the most retarded thing I have seen for a long while - I really hope this is a joke.

>bogdanoffs not above bezos
>bezos not below soros
can't even meme right

>What is the science behind people being emotionally invested in multi billion dollar corporations like Apple and Samsung

And Microsoft. You forgot Microsoft.
The world is so unfair.

>People who think this image is a joke
kek

>just reeks jealousy
Found the bugman

He's refering to Phone retard

It's called branding, they put human traits into brands, so people can relate with them

>t. Brand Designer

I like getting the same thing I'm used to

Multinational make you emotionally invested in them by convincing you that they fight for the values you and every (should) believe in. Apple goes for simplicity, Tesla and Space X go for optimistic view of the future, etc.

Some people are just emotionally vacant and search hopelessly for anything to fill that void.

>>>/facebook/
That aside, the chart is shit for not including the elusive cock goblin

Mostly this. People don't care if it's Apple or Samsung as long as it's the latest one. Showing off is more important because every phone has the same apps.

>soyboys
>engineering
lol no

The science behind it is a bunch tests made by the cia and military after ww2.
>get your tinfoil hats out
All technology is war technology, but they gave it a hippie coating in the 60s and transformed tech from military to consumer, while simultaneously testing psychological phenomena to exploit human desire as much ad possible. 60s cult shit in america is part of this as well. Worldwide known Rockbands, Scientology, Pop Icons, all these things could be nothing but tests from the cia/miliary on how to control and manipulate huge masses of people.
>its a whole thing
In the end, these days we love to pay for the privilege to surround ourselves with all kinds of surveilnce devices.

They kill so many birds with one stone, its hard to even comprehend.

A place to start is Lutz Dammbecks The Net - Hippies, LSD and the Internet feat Ted K. youtube.com/watch?v=vItVYyfgVTM

>The Net
Forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=vItVYyfgVTM

Its this little known theory called vendor lockin

youtube.com/watch?v=vItVYyfgVTM so it just wont let me post that link huh

Whoops, bluelight filter be damned

Look up Edward Bernays. He's the father of modern consumer culture and public relations, and his ideas were heavily influenced by Freud. Products are marketed as filling some subconscious desire in the consumer. You don't sell them a car because "It's tough, dependable, and gets the most mpg", you sell them a car because it satisfies some inner yearning, like social status, getting the girl, whatever.

Once you establish the connection between product and desire, all you have to do to sell the product is mention the brand. This acts as a psychological trigger in the consumer to want the product. Think of companies whose brands are so entrenched their commercials can literally say nothing about the product, yet still be effective.

>The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, and our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of…. It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind.

Now, that I think about it, Apple vs. Android on Sup Forums is a good example of this.

Androidfags will tell you they like Android because it does x and y that the iPhone doesn't. But you can see in their posts that the reason is really because Android represents an opposition to qualities they see as abhorrent because they're an affront to their identity. They're not normies, you see, they're hardcore power users that need their phone to be a swiss army knife...Apple is a threat to this identity, and they will become heavily invested in tearing it down. What happens when you see an Android thread without mention of Apple? Most people are shitting on the various crappy aspects of their phone. It's far from a love in. But mention Apple, and watch the elevation of Android to god-tier status.

Of course, a similar analysis could be done for the Applefag side; I don't mean to say this is something particular to Android users.

What's so fucking hard to understand? These companies consistently give their customers what they want, and all these customers wants vary. They've lost and gained fans. They've then become a promise, a symbol of that delivery. They then become prestigious, and nothing is better with a brand than a grand reputation. What do you think would happen if Apple suddenly started making Sup Forumstier phones and changed their foci?

Latching on to succses that is not their own

^this

Plebs trying to look better relatively speaking to other plebs. It's the same reason why brainlets praise Tesla while informed non-sjw engineers are meh' about it. When you work at such companies and see the shit that goes into the soup, you're no longer starry eyed about it. When you're an outsider, you wrap your whimsical delusions of grandeur into emotional fantasy.

In your early 20s you try to reach and educate such people. As you get older, you've had several painful and nasty encounters and just learn to leave brainlets be.

(((Bernays)))

Just a coincidence, I assure you :^)