Why did Microsoft peak at windows 7?

Why did Microsoft peak at windows 7?

Fortune Documents the Great Legal Decisions:

We can imagine no reason why, with ordinary care, human toes could not be
left out of chewing tobacco, and if toes are found in chewing tobacco, it
seems to us that someone has been very careless.
-- 78 So. 365.

the world peaked in 2009, it's all been downhill since then

law of diminishing returns
also, too mouch app-n-touch shit. W8 was a phone OS, 10's still got too much of it:
>Would you like to goto the Windows Store and find an app for that?
no, would i fuck

because the appointed someone to a leadership position that has a fetish for the metro theme.
they ruined windows mobile, windows, xbox, but thats not all. they ruin everything the get their hands on. everything from skype to minecraft got destroyed by this shit company.

I thought it was XP? Or has Sup Forums changed its mind over the past five years, like the contrarian cunts they always are.

Windows 10 is a much better operating system than 7.

>Would you like to goto the Windows Store and see if you can find an example to backup this baseless assertion?

7 replaced the XP. Its been that way since 7 was released.

>clean
>minimalist
>simple

Vista was bloat. 8 is clusterfuck. 10 is clusterfuck.

last decent OS was in 1989

Windows users are always nostalgic for [current version - 2] because that's when they were children so they have the childhood nostalgia. There are plenty of people on Sup Forums now who probably never used a computer before 7 came out.

Windows 8 was the first mistake.
Windows 9 was supposed to be the great game changer.
But alas, it was cannibalized because the world wasn't ready for it.
Microsoft Windows 7 ate 9, and that's why it's the GOAT.

7 is almost entirely just Vista with a different name, they are virtually identical. If Vista is bloated then 7 is bloated, jerkoff.

>yfw MS did an experiment where they showed people who didn't like Vista a new OS that was really just Vista rebranded and they all said they liked it

7 actually represented the peak of bloat in Windows because it had been accumulating all of the legacy holdovers over the years, it wasn't until 8 that MS finally cleaned up the codebase and removed most of that garbage. An updated 8 installation is smaller than a brand new 7 installation on the same computer, while also using less resources and managing resources far more efficiently. There is a very noticeable speed difference between 7 and 8.

>There is a very noticeable speed difference between 7 and 8.
yes, a phone OS on a desktop may indeed run slightly quicker. Now as then however, I personally have no use for a phone OS on the Desktop. I want a Desktop OS, thank you.

Are you mentally deficient? The only "phone OS" part of 8 is the metro screen which is actually easily gotten used to if you have anything less than terminal autism, or alternatively easily removed altogether if you cant handle it.

Vista was bloated for the hardware at the time and had some initial flaws but with service pack one and multiple gigs of ram becoming the norm it was pretty nice before 7 came along.
2 gigs of ram and a dual core cpu it's smooth as silk, but in 2006 normie specs were something like 2.5ghz single core and 512 mb ram.

>easily removed
Yes? it certainly wasn't 'easily removed' when it was launched. I doubt its even all that 'easily removed' now, desu. But, like everyone else, I found Metro a breathtakingly arrogantly-designed POS that had nothing whatsoever to be seeking on the Desktop, leastways, not on mine, and decided I wanted no farther part of it, long time back. I wasn't alone. I dont even know what they were thinking, it was basically 'Apples cashing in on mobile - quick, do something!' Apples -desktops- never looked that fucking retarded tho. 8 was truly the pinnacle of shit dumb UI decisions - you know it, I know it, and history proved it.

>there will never be a Windows with Aero ever again
hold me bros

>10
>Clusterfuck
Why does Sup Forums insist an os that takes barely 20 minutes to install with all it's updates and settings tweak is shitty compared to xp/7's obnoxious 2 hour + dreadful installed. I literally won't touch anyone's computer now unless they want 10 installed.

>Minecraft
Minecraft actually runs well now with their C++ versions of the game. Some of the additions are pretty but having a stable FPS without having to install mods is awesome

How nu are you?

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

Are you trying to say that you don't like 10 because a few menus are different?

Windows Vista > I loved it. I love the aero head stuff. When I got vista I had the very first i7 CPU. It made Vista run smooth. I didn't have any issues with it. I did notice has service packs installed, it got slower in some ways but meh

Windows 7 - I stuck with this guy a for a long time and had a lot of fun. The only downside was so many updates lol. There are around now 275 + updates. Today, Windows 7 is done. It will still work but no nothing new with this OS anymore. Microsoft needs to move on with it. It is limited in what it can do now. I know people love it but its time to grow up unless you're the time that doesn't need "new features"

Windows 8.1- Very cool, wasn't big fan of Windows 8 since the start menu but i liked 8.1 how they re-did it in away. It was simple and clean. I bit of head of its time i would say. People didn't like the change to much which lead to Windows 10 and the feature of Windows updates

Windows 10 - Best and awesome. Yes, there is a lot of feedback and stuff but Windows 10 will be known for always updating and getting new features. Its an OS design for today's computer power/ productivity. Microsoft is constantly trying to improve the OS in many different ways. The younger generation doesn't mind "changes" has much as the older generation and its starting to show.

>Why did Microsoft peak at windows 7?
Ballmer happened.

Also, Windows peaked at Windows 2000, a decent OS sans "activation."

I actually like the sharp edges interface of 8.

t. MS marketing shill.

yeah, it wasn't, from say a design perspective, entirely -uninteresting- What it did mostly however, was forget it's raison d'etre, namely, be first and foremost a Desktop OS. People did occasionally just want to sit down and type a fucking letter, not deal with the vagaries of a UI that looked like the dancefloor from Saturday Night Fever after a few cocktails, and was apparently programmed by pajeets smoking funny-smelling cigarettes, when not fucking 100-pro LSD25 dipped
>Ah!, your lost!. Now, if you just wander into the corner, you may (but probably wont) find The Charms, who hide a lot, from there, you can do most everything..
START. BUTTON. WHERE. NOW.
>ohno sorree Sir, no more Starts, is not allowed..
literal fucking crack smokers. And the guy above, claiming this was fixable? The fuck it was, 8.1 maybe, but that was how many years later? But, looked good, sure. Just fucking useless.

>human toes could not be
>left out of chewing tobacco, and if toes are found in chewing tobacco, it
>seems to us that someone has been very careless.

eggs

thanks obama

>just get windows update
>all my games stutter now
>no changes to my machine except for update
>see its a widespread issue with no fix except to revert update

windows 10 is fucking GARBAGE

Severe Apple envy and Balmer's failure fix the mismanagement at the company.
Windows 8 was an alpha test of their tablet/desktop hybrid interface. It was complete garbage. Microsoft stuck to its guns despite a withering assault of criticism from both businesses and consumers.
Windows 10 is flaming hot garbage to governments and Microsoft's attempts to get the to trust them on running their computers for them went over like a brick. Small businesses aren't sure what they're going to do if they can't run their crusty desktop app because 10S shuts off non-app store code and Win32.

I spent months terraforming whole biomes in survival.
the released an update that fucked my entire save up. I can load, but after moving 100 or so blocks the entire game crashes.
the official solution for my situation is "lol go fuck yourself, make a new save".
I dont play minecraft anymore. I dont play anything now.

kde does the same thing.
right click task bar, get black menu
right click in firefox, get white menu
wew

hi shill

>Yes, there is a lot of feedback and stuff
>feedback
>and stuff
yup, its just, like, matter of perspective, innit?

Bullshit, 95 was my childhood Windows, and I think 7 was the best one.

Last windows while they still had proper developers and teting. After that they outsourced to pajeets and winblows8/10 came out.

>An updated 8 installation is smaller than a brand new 7 installation on the same computer, while also using less resources and managing resources far more efficiently. There is a very noticeable speed difference between 7 and 8.

Why do you post things that are objectively false?
I really hope you're being paid for this, otherwise you're one sad individual.

Peaked at XP desu

7 was just Vista SP3 without the Vista tag to remove the bad PR

>Peaked at XP desu
>7 was just Vista SP3 without the Vista tag to remove the bad PR

Because it was the last Windows that didn't focus into targeting people who use mainly smartphones, the last Windows that at least respected your decision to not update, the last Windows that sticked with what works, and the last Windows that had a good visual.

Wasn't windows 95 unironically the peak?

autism

>it wasn't until 8 that MS finally cleaned up the codebase and removed most of that garbage

Bullshit. If you dig deep enough in the recent server editions of windows, you can find still find some XP or 95 UI.

Ironically GNOME is worse than vanilla Windows 8 at this point.

Seems like after Winblows 7 all the OS devs (even Linux) started ripping off one another's features giving them different names as if THEY thought of them on their own, very feminine/black behavior...

Um the first version of windows I had was 3.1 and I sure as hell not wanting to go back to using that as daily use. Occasionally emulated for things like old games yes but I'm an oldfag.

Windows 7 was the last to carry the tradition of working properly offline, doing what you ask it to do and being designed for a proper computer. Those are the things that people people who don't like Win 8 and later grew up with, and think that's how computing should work.

It came out in 2009, and only a year or two later, the trend of touch-screen, always connected, streamlined, uncontrollable and overengineered technology really got going.