/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0FTcjCTeqTY
youtube.com/watch?v=j4-FhdqPyj0
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset?mode=guest_open
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K
jdslabs.com/products/169/objective2-odac-combo-revb-b-stock/
amazon.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00004SY4H/r
amazon.com/Pioneer-Enclosed-Audiophile-Headphone-SE-Monitor5/dp/B071G36WYZ
canpicker.com/sennheiser/hd-569
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567
store.hifiman.com/index.php/re400-in-ear-monitor-free-shipping.html
amazon.co.uk/Creative-51EF0060AA001-Aurvana-Live-Headphones-Black/dp/B000W6Y0JY/
innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the second best headphone behind the MA900?

Recently I bought 2 pairs of AKG K400s an E.P. and an L.P. the L.P. had a complete headband and the works while the E.P.'s headband was broke wanting an E.P. that was fully usable I combined the two to make one headphone. After some time listening, I noticed a Rattling in the Left Driver, but it usually happened at 70Hz or lower with a high volume, that being said it didn't bother me much and I can live with that since I can't hear it if it does happen while music is playing. On the other hand in the same driver, it has this weird Echoey Squeal when the High end of a Piano is being played it rings or echoes I'm not sure how to describe it, but it makes Gentle piano music hard to listen to. If I was to try to describe the noise it would be the noise you hear from onboard audio with the electronic noise interfering.

This is a song that I hear it on very severely at the very beginning of the song and all throughout it. youtube.com/watch?v=0FTcjCTeqTY

I also hear it at the beginning of Heart's "Barracuda" right after that High pitched Guitar wailing. In any case, I have no idea what the issue could be as I don't hear it on any of my other 3 headphones k701 monitor 10 and Quartphone 70

Another thing song I notice it in is Miles Davis's Yellow youtube.com/watch?v=j4-FhdqPyj0

Does anyone have any clue what it could be?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

canpicker.com change log:
- Add Italian and French support
- Note DT770 has high clamp force
- Correct MSR7 pricing

Current deals
US:
- m40x and SRH440 about $20 cheaper
- MSR7 $40 cheaper
- HD 559 about $30 cheaper
- Edition S $40 cheaper
- HE-400i $50 cheaper
UK:
- HD 579 oddly cheap
- SHR440 cheaper than normal
- SHR840 much cheaper than normal
- K702 a little cheaper than normal
- K712 a tiny bit cheaper than normal
DE:
- SHR440 20% off
- SHR840 40% off
IT:
- SHR440 20% off
- SHR840 40% off
- K702 about 20% off
- K712 about 10% off
FR:
- HD 559 30% off
- HD 569 20% off
- K702 about 25% off
- K712 about 20% off
- SHR440 20% off

hair on the driver maybe

Reposting from previous thread
>Budget
Around $75-125
>Location
United States
>Source
Desktop and phone
>Type of headphone
Full size/wired, preferably a headset so I can kill two birds with one stone and replace my shitty 15$ microphone
>Open or closed
Preferably open, but closed is fine as well
>Comfort level
Able to wear it for a couple hours straight
>Sound signature
N/A

Can't be ive completely taken the cup apart and ensured that it was clean and also its not a buzz like on a DT880 but a highpitched Electronic Whine after a high note or something similar

I have
Magni 3
Modi uber 2
HD600
Ducky one (mx brown) RGB tkl
Yotsuba figure

r8 no h8

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Sachiko a cute. A cute!!
>headset
See links @ OP
>$125, open allowed
HD579, HD558, SHP9500.

>Budget: about 50
>Location: CA
>Source: Laptop/PC
>Type of headphone: fullsized (headset inb4 insults)
>Open or closed: closed
>Comfort level: average /what ever
>Sound signature: neutral, light gaming
>Past headphones: 10 dlls earbuds
... I want to get a headset for my little brother, I'm looking for durability/good build more than quality sound, he plays flavor of the month vidya and chats with friends. Something about 50 bucks or less. I was looking of rthose hyperx /logitech shiet that fits my desc. but I dont know if Im being ripped off.
thanks in advance, sincerely user the faggot.

Wrong question at the wrong time, you silly user. Not that you would have been correct anyway
Which are poorly sealed MA900s, btw

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset?mode=guest_open

My friend and I went to the sennheiser store. Buddy got into an argument with the rep after he was saying you're not allowed to listen that loudly or you'll damage the hd800 and then walked out lmao

Thanks lads.

Overpaid for DAC.
Absolutely disgusting if even one of those is an IPA.

Heh. wtf @ rep worrying about the headphones, rather than your friends' ears.

they were all shit, even the stouts. It was much better the last time I went there we just ordered 1 of every one they brewed for shits and giggles. their IPAs were bad even for an IPA

it wasn't insanely loud just not something you want to listen to for long periods of time, that amp is fucking weak sauce too. I was going to schedule an orpheus audition but I just walked out with my friend instead

E10 vs Apple wired earphones?

amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K

you are literally saving near 100 dollars here even if you live in the US and have them shipped to you overseas

Sorry to bother you guys again. So for my ATH-R70x I was thinking of getting the OBJECTIVE2+ODAC REVB - B STOCK in a month or two. I wrote everything down but have one more question. Are there any customization options I should select? I noticed a customize button. Link: jdslabs.com/products/169/objective2-odac-combo-revb-b-stock/
I really appreciate all the help the last thread gave me and am looking forward to my headphones having proper equipment.

>Budget
~150 eu / 130 gbp
>Location
Germany, Portugal, England
>Source
Desktop
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Don't care
>Sound signature
Don't care
>Past headphones
Sony Pulse Elite

Looking for another wireless that can also charge while using at the same time

You could get a hifimediy dac and a magni 3. It would be a lot more powerful and I've heard of the o2 having some pretty bad problems with clipping.

I want to lick their feet

do you have qt feet user?

>Budget
$100
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
PC/Gayming, walks
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Cup my ears, prolonged use
>Sound signature
Not interested
>Past headphones
Pick related

Liked it because it was same day delivery, cheap and used usb. My audio input on my front panel doesn't work for some reason

Monoprice Monolith M560 and M1060 are 50 bucks off right now.

In terms of pure bang for buck the M560 are killer at 150 bucks

>pic related
kek
>pc/gayming, walks
indoors, outdoors. Pick one.

>Budget
$200
>Source
Phone+Laptop
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
No idea
>Past headphones
-

Indoors it is friend

Good. Next step, are you entirely sure about closed? If you don't need massive isolation, such as for an open office working environment or to listen to music with construction work near by, then you don't need closed.

HD600 on sale @ $286
amazon.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00004SY4H/r

Yeah I would prefer it's really peaceful but more then willing to give it up for lower price

That's normal price.

MSR7.

Open will give you better sound and comfort at a given price, which makes it the go-to option. If all your headphones have been closed to date, I'd insist extra on open.
Your open options at your budget are HD558 and SHP9500. Former is the most neutralist, later is pretty neutral but somewhat bright (+treble) at the expensive of bass.
Get HD558 if the prices are close, SHP9500 if it is much cheaper (it tends to be).
Stretching your budget + aiming for a sale would give you HD600 (the universally recognized as best all-rounder headphone, typically $300) or HD579 (the best current HD500 series headphone, typically $150).
Avoid HD559 and HD599, as they're worse than HD558 and HD579 respectively.

Any of the suggested options will sound awesome if you've never had decent headphones.

Oh sweet thanks for the help, I'm gonna look more into these choices

Isn't the 559 just a version bump of the 558? How is it worse?

Are on-ears a meme?

I can get Klipsch reference on-ear for ~95€. Worth it?

HD25's a lot better at that price or DT1350

How is the Sony XB950N1 using with an standard pc? I just need to buy a bluetooth dongle and thats it? Never bought any of those kind before and I can't find any reliable info if everything will work

I'm torn between the Sony MDR1000XM2 and the Bose QuietComfort 35.
The MDX1000XM2 supposedly have better sound, but the QuietComfort 35 have better noise cancellation.
How's the sound quality on the QC35? Is their ANC worth passing on the MDX1000 "better" sound?
I'm working in an open space and wanna completely drown out all sound.
I could get the QC25 (it's much cheaper too although wired) but having to use AAA batteries is a bit meh. On the other hand, it could be a plus since the QC35's rechargeable battery can't be changed.

Also, I'm using AD700 at home. How does the sound compare to both options?

>Budget:
Around $75
>Location:
EU, but can order from US
>Type of headphones:
IEMs
>Comfort:
Only a slight priority, I'd rathet have good sound
>Sound:
Bassy

Thanks in advance.

I heard the opposite. 1000x is supposed to have better noise cancellation but no bass. 1000x also supposedly sounds ok wired while qc35 sounds like ass. They're probably close enough for the difference to be whatever.

sennheiser px100 it's a good choice for glasses users? I want something comfortable to gaming for hours.

Hey guys.
I am thinking about to geht a Pioneer SE Monitor5
amazon.com/Pioneer-Enclosed-Audiophile-Headphone-SE-Monitor5/dp/B071G36WYZ

But i have only a audio-interface (Behringer U-Phobia UMC202HD)
Will this be enough or do i need a AMP+Dac?
If so, what combi could you recommend?

I blew a speaker while listening to some Boris recently and need a new setup. What would you guys recommend that's under 400 dollars and loud as fuck with strong mids and a sub. I need to feel the music.

I just got a KSC75 & Porta Pro for 60 USD.

they're undoubtedly the best headphones for the price

Unsure which of these two to buy. I've had Sennhesier HD419s and Philips SHP9500. I think I'd prefer closed headphones, but if the HD6XX sound particularly better I wouldn't mind springing for those.

>Budget
Around $200
>Location
USofA
>Source
Need DAC reqs, $50 too cheap?
>Type of headphone
The ones listed, what are my other options?
>Open or closed
That's the big mystery
>Comfort level
Hours of vidya and surfan'
>Sound signature
??????
>Past headphones
Sennhesier HD419s and Philips SHP9500

So I currently own a pair of HD558, I really like them but lately I've had to travel quite a lot and they aren't the best to use in a noisy environment, them being open after all. I'd like to buy a new pair that I could also use on the train among other things.

>Budget
130~200 yuros
>Location
yuroland
>Source
mostly my phone
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed obviously
>Comfort level
High (pads around the ears)
>Sound signature
warm-ish
>Past headphones
HD558 (obviously), ATH-m50

TL;DR: something that sounds like a HD558 but closed
any help appreciated!

Literally the HD 569: canpicker.com/sennheiser/hd-569

Also consider the HD 4.40 and 4.50 as bluetooth and noise cancellation options.

is there a beter entry level DAC than the topping D30?

here my setup idol trash!

Heh, I didn't know this existed (I bought my pair over 2 years ago). I hate noise cancellation unfortunately, but bluetooth is neat. Might look into that a little more, thanks!

I was considering getting these but this hs me concerned.

I'm from Commiefornia, we have those warnings on everything. It's standard to find those warnings next to glass drinking cups at stores.

Nice keyboard. Did your planars fall apart? :X

Alright, thanks. I've been eyeing these for a while and NewEgg had a good sale price for them.

Can you recommend me some budget in-ears, /hpg/?

Do ear pads for other headphone models such as the dt770 fit custom one pro's. Are velvet ear pads better than the normal ones?

get beyer dynamic custome one pros. I got the recently best pair of headphones i have owned

which is more comfy: K612 or DT 770 ?

Thanks user. I went with the Sonys.

>MA900
No sub-bass.
No upper midrange.
Low fidelity garbage.

please respond.

Try it with reddit
Sup Forums is dead

Just get the 6XX unless you know you want closed. 6XX is at like 33% discount while the beyers are $10 off tops.

Whats the difference between these and the MDR 1000x?

Hey, I got a gift card for my birthday and I can get the Bose Soundsport wireless headphones for about $30

Are they good or nah? I've read a bunch on them and they seem to be very good by a lot of people

Quick, that's the cue to post your hadphones!

Your options for good wired headphones are limited as is for $30. It's probably shit.

Yeah that's what I figured, I kind of want the closed but it seems like too good a deal to pass up, especially if the sound quality is going to be discernibly better.

Is that a model m? Very nice.

Thoughts on this? Hoping for a cyber monday sale kinda

Hi. I was recommended by a friend to take a visit here and see if I get some good recommendations for some new IEMs.

>Budget

Below $50. Honestly, I could maybe go above that by $10 or so, but I have yet to buy a pair of earbuds above $40, and I'm not keen on doing so. I may be willing.

>Location

USA

>Source

Using them to listen to music / watch videos on my phone, as well as to plug into my Xbox One controller. I'd prefer if they have a mic for the latter usage.

>Type of headphone

IEMs.

>Comfort level

...Pretty comfortable, I guess. I've been using Xiaomi Hybrids for years now, and I've loved them, if that gives you an idea of the comfort level I'm talking about.

>Sound signature

What would you call the Xiaomi Hybrids? I've heard them being described as V-shaped, but I honestly have no fucking idea. I'd like to think I know more about this stuff than your average person, but I really have no idea how to categorize that sound signature. ...Something similar to that would be nice, though.

>Past headphones

I'm sure you get it by now: Xiaomi Hybrids. Got 'em years back: at first I disliked them, but I soon came to love 'em. I had one ear in my first pair go out at some point, and I quickly replaced them with another pair of Hybrids, which I've had since. Now this pair is having an issue, and so I'm trying to see if I should just get another pair of Hybrids or maybe try something new, and perhaps better.

I also wanna note that I bought the Xiaomi Pro HDs recently, which are the successor to the Hybrids. I naively figured they could only be better than them in every way, but I'm actually not liking them much. I know ppl say the Hybrids have muddy bass, and I can agree with that (though I find myself taking a liking to it), but these Pro HDs are lacking in bass, even though whatever bass is there is more... distinct than with the Hybrids. The highs with the Pro HDs are also more prominent, almost annoyingly so for my taste.

Nice setup. How come no HD600?

Are there any BT headphones worth getting besides: HD 4.40, HD 4.50, WH1000, and QC35?

Below $100 they seem to be garbage and above $350 they become Why? Does ATH put out any good BT stuff?

Maybe someday.

HD6XX and one of these:
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567

store.hifiman.com/index.php/re400-in-ear-monitor-free-shipping.html

Ooo, I like how they look very similar to the Hybrids. Seems I can get them with the mic via the 400a version, too.

The only thing I'm feeling iffy about is that it looks like a lot of ppl are saying they might sound like they lack bass for anyone who listens to bass-heavy music. I listen to a variety, really: hip hop, rock, electronic, whatever: but I can appreciate some hard hitting bass.

That's the only turn off. I'll definitely consider 'em, though. Thanks for the recommendation.

>mfw I have the magni 3, modi 2 and 600

my nigga

Forgot to post my morning magni 3 shot. Look at this fucking thing.

>Budget
70$ is a soft limit, can be a bit higher
>Location
eu
>Source
mainly desktop pc
>Type of headphone
full sized, detachable cable is preferable
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
i want to wear it a lot
>Sound signature
i don't care
>Past headphones
sennheiser hd 201

so i found this superlux hd669/axelvox hd272 thing, is it a good choice for me or there is better shit?

First time seeing a Magni 3 and I'll say that the Magni 2 looks better with the steel top instead of the brushed aluminium on the 3

>tfw 40$ chink headphone from Sony still going strong after 4 years

I sold my magni 3 to buy this thing and I have to disagree. It doesn't look like my pic related 99% of the time. Its purely because of the lighting. It usually looks like a slightly shiny, premium version of the magni 2. My picture makes it seem like it has a fucking a tiger pattern. It's very subtle looking in real life.

>magni 3

magni 2

amazon.co.uk/Creative-51EF0060AA001-Aurvana-Live-Headphones-Black/dp/B000W6Y0JY/

innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

Headphones like Sennheiser HD 579? They are out of stock in Amazon of my country

HD558
HD598

>Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ-style better than cans x5 the price
Redbull me on this meme

>monoprice

lol

Is there a new alternative to a sansa clip?

Carbo Tenore
I have the 669 as my daily. It's pretty shit because the emphasized treble gives it a hiss that doesn't go away and the drivers has no dampening so it resonates. With some heavy EQ, they're not terrible thougj.