Firefox Quantum

so is this /ourbrowser/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACgbXTJwKfQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FireFox 52ESR or Chromium are our browsers, dumb redditor.

but i'm not jewish

I didn't say that.
*pre-heats the gas chamber*

Qutebrowser/luakit/Netrunner

It's a great browser and a massive improvement from older versions, no doubt.

If you don't care about their politics and just want a browser that doesn't watch you fap - use it (or use Brave, both are great)

i hope you ll figure it out with your 'gas chamber' though. maybe try eating less cheeseburgers?

tried to use it for a week and then asked myself why would i make myself to use a browser that consumes at least 1gb more ram and opens/refreshes the same pages slower than trusty Chromium

No, it's Firefox 52 ERS, retarded shill.

because you have self-respect?
for me it's only slower when using google services, because they intentionally slow down any browser which isn't chrome

Is Firefox on Android a shit? I kinda like the idea of syncing shit

>Chromium
The cringiest browser out there. Should be called Fedorium.

>1 tab opened
>1GB of memory vanished
Thanks Firefox! 57 is soooooooooooo much better. But I'll prefer Iridium you incompetent Rust cucks.

>self-respect
what does it have to do with a browser choice? if one browser consumes more resources than the other at the same circumstances and with the same extensions the choice is obvious. also i don't care about these USA special service memes because i don't live there and Chromium is private enough. i'm using it since 2014 (after abandoning Firefox which i used almost since the beginning) and never had any single issue

Not until all my extensions werk.

What's the difference between this and nightly?

>private enough

Tried it. Slower and extensions don't work. Downgraded.

nice meme reply. i guess people like you got brainwashed that Firefox is a private browser

She's not american though.

>/ourbrowser/
>cloggy and slow as fuck compared to previous releases
>mobile counterpart is a literal bottleneck and crashes with one tab
>has zero customization options
nah

Waterfox 55 master race

quantum with default dark theme, proper set-up and ublock is literally god tier browser

stop using windows fagget

Literally noticed no differences aside from the UI from firefox 56 to 57.

I have noticed slight improvements when using my old celeron 1007u but extensions a shit so I'm waiting.

using it on desktop, all that shit is great and it's faster than Chrome but it does consume more RAM. Is it because I have 8GB of RAM or is it not good with memory consumption? In other words, is it good for weaker Laptops with, say, 4GB of RAM?

Opera is /ourbrowser/.
youtube.com/watch?v=ACgbXTJwKfQ
Notice the diversity and sjw propaganda in that? Me neither.

It's pretty nice as long as you're someone capable of going through settings before deciding to flip your shit over dumb stuff.

>to stupid to use about:config

i am currently running it on a 2gb toaster and it is fast.
tell me what your OS is if none of these work

go to preferences > general > performance and turn off hardware acceleration/recommended performances, especially if you have a weak gpu.

make sure you dont have a huge cache, consider deleting everything on close and overriding cache management under privacy/security. lower is better but it will freeze the fuck up if you go over that amount in a session

something else that might help is changing how often firefox saves a session for crash recovery, which is by default every 15 seconds for some dumb reason
type in about:config and change browser.sessionstore.interval to 15000000

firefox with a gorillion tabs plus steam is using 40% ram currently

Damn dude, that's like...all of the worst possible options in one picture, nice.

>win10
Linux*
>metro
i3/other WM
>opera
Nightly
>languages
don't give a shit tbqh so i'll skip that one
>torrent
rTorrent or transmission
>graphics
don't care.
>music
subjective, not even sure what that is in the picture
>vlc
mpv is FAR better
>backup
Any of the 7 billion easy to use backup tools for linux

>languages
>don't give a shit tbqh so i'll skip that one
>graphics
>don't care
What are you doing on Sup Forums?

Not graphic designing or scripting, Sup Forums TECHNOLOGY, not Sup Forums PROGRAMMING or Sup Forums GRAPHIC DESIGN.

>Iridium
>Chromium with default settings changed
Why are you on Sup Forums?

chromium works better on android.

Dildos are also technology. Go start a dildo thread then, faggot.

> Extreme autism intensifies

>he thinks his edgy suggestion is a counterargument
I'll start one whenever I'll be in need of a dildo.

so what additional privacy features do you need in Firefox?

cut back on buritos then? gracias me llamo Enrique chinga tu madre con mucho gusto

There is literally a graphic design board and you tried to list it as a Sup Forums subject, just give up and fuck off already. This board is for discussion of technology.

>Listing better alternatives to save brainlets from this charlatan and his lies
>extreme autism
Ok pal, whatever you say.

>better alternatives
>linux

ahhahhaah aaa well maymay'ed my friend :D

Firefox quantum
> Ok
Brave
> Into the trash it goes

In what way isn't linux a completely superior OS and experience over windows? If you say gayming then I'll know you're a jobless NEET and your opinion can be discarded. The only guys I can see with a legitimate need for either windows or mac are those with a professional need for adobes shit, otherwise linux has it beat in every way.

enjoy the silence. nice taste

>gaming (don't be narrow-minded)
>networking
>large majority of software starts as/is windows exclusive
>anything adobe on a mac
>everyday usage
just to name a few

Fuck Sorosfox

i have an adult friend who spends ridiculous amount of many on online games, where is your god now?

Yes. It always has been.

>Chromium
Iridium is the only acceptable chrom browser. But Blink is garbage anyway.

It's fine once you install uBlock Origin on it.

>default dark theme
>doesn't invert white backgrounds or black fonts on any website, including the default newtab page
Nah it's shit.

It works perfectly fine on my weak 4GB RAM laptop.

It's a fact that Linux is a much better kernel than WinNT. Stop being retarded.

>networking
kek
all of the software you need has been released on linux
>adobe exclusive to mac?
CC 2015 works flawlessly with Wine
>everyday usage
I don't know where this meme came from it's not like I have to do daily maintance on my linux machine every day

Because I like it so much!

>mpv
I swear that serious autism is prerequisite for mpv

>networking
Linux wins
>everyday use
Linux, MacOS and Windows are pretty much tied and your preference will depend on what OS you first used and what you want/need. MacOS > Linux > Windows when it comes to user experience.

>I have a friend who's a retard
So does he, and it's you.

What? You don't have to take a wrench to your energy crystals for 2 hours a day to keep your obongo installation functional?

>networking
Are you being ironic? Servers run linux for a reason, all common networking software is available for linux, probably more than windows even lol.
>anything adobe on a mac
Macs have photoshop and some other shit, try again sweetie.
>every day usage
??? My machine is comfy as fuck, due to the fact that customizing things to be just how you like them is 1. actually possible and 2. easy on a linux machine, compared to windows where you really can't change much of anything.
>gaming (don't be narrow-minded)
Linux has a decently large and growing daily selection of games since steamOS became a thing.

Maybe you only think that because you're terminally autistic yourself, mpv is as justwerkz as it gets.

>fact

>all of the software you need has been released on linux
how do u know what software I use?
>CC 2015 works flawlessly with Wine
cc 2015 is outdated

>MacOS > Linux > Windows when it comes to user experience.
kek

>Macs have photoshop and some other shit, try again sweetie.
ummm that's kind of what I said, though.
>sweetie
got'em
>steamOS
kek

Stop posting bait.

>just werks
>no usable GUI
>have to have a degree in math and video processing just to make it werk

>stop posting things I disagree with

>ummm that's kind of what I said, though.
My bad, deciphering your dribble is a difficult job.
>kek
Going to assume you're keking at steamOS because you don't actually have any idea what I meant by that. If it's available for steamos then it's available for all linux distributions, that's a sizeable chunk of the steam catalog and it has the weight of valve, a massive company behind it. The amount of big games sporting linux ports day 1 or shortly after is increasing all the time.

Ever since Chrome was created, I have installed both Firefox and Chrome, using them both synchronously. Not for development or anything but just because it used to be some things were better or easier on Firefox and some on Chrome.

I JUST realized that after 1 year on my new computer I never even installed Firefox. That's how little I care and how lesser I think of it.

Nigga you cannot be this stupid, mpv HAS a ui, a completely acceptable one and a bunch of retard proof shortcuts.
>have to have a degree in math and video processing just to make it werk
What does this even mean? You can install mpv right now and have a video run in it, all of that would take you like 10 seconds.

this must be bait

>using chrome

>no gui
What do you need a gui for when you're watching movies? Play/pause, rewinding, subtitle selector and audio track selection is in the default gui. Which is in 99% cases all you need. The only other thing I needed was delaying subtitles which is actually much better as a keyboard shortcut as it doesn't require you to get lost in endless menus or to pause a movie.
Stop pretending like other players don't have keyboard shortcuts.

>I have no counter-argument the post

Almost half my steam library run on linux

Jesus fucking Christ how can be someone that autistic? What do I need a gui for? Well maybe for using my FUCKING COMPUTER you dumb fuck. Not everyone likes to read 1500 pages long man page and to manually edit configuration files.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and are baiting for replies. I don't have to agree with you because it IS a fact that Linux is a superior kernel. It's better optimized and has better hardware and driver management.

The only issue I have is that every video, regardless of the site shows up all fucked up and green (and sometimes purple). I have hardware acceleration off too now trying to see if it would help, but it's still just messed up.

lol...you're actually retarded as fuck, why are you even on Sup Forums? It's not a debatable point whether or not MPV has a GUI you dumb fucking braindead nigger. What does my screenshot look like to you? Could be it an interface of some kind, graphic in nature, intended for users?

A video player isn't a computer you fucking retard.

145/338 for me

>Software for specific task is excluded to be usable on a computer
Oh nIgga...

>deciphering your dribble
>living with my selective dyslexia

i keked at steamOS because it's a failure and useless outside of what it should do
>b-but muh dual booting
dumb and a bad idea

as long as your trips are ok with ALMOST, go ahead
i don't game, but ALMOST wouldn't satisfy my needs

>better driver managment
are you sure I'm the one baiting for replies

I just wish Firefox had something like Pale Moon's start.me page.

>i keked at steamOS because it's a failure and useless outside of what it should do
Okay now I'm convinced you're just baiting and this is my last reply to you, whether or not steamOS is successful isn't the fucking point, the point is that anything developed for steamos(a ton of games) runs natively on linux. You're either baiting me or you're a brainlet, either way this is going nowhere.

That's not Waterfox

Learn English before trying to make arguments.

>Software for specific task is excluded to be usable on a computer

English is a language of oppressors. Fuck you.

t. Tyrone

yeah my dude, everybody is just waiting to port their games for a soon-to-be abandoned os
>(a ton of games)
but what if the game I want can't run on steamos?
should i try an alternative like GOGos? or windowsOS a

>ram
why is this a concern in this day and age?

>He doesn't know that the 3% market share lincucks desktop users are 80% as profitable as the 75%+ marketshare wangblowz drones due to piracy.
Gaming on Linux is only going up, windrone.

english is the language. dumb enough for anyone to be productive in

>tfw it's 2017 and 64 gb of ddr4 is 700 usd
lol

>Implying you need 64gb of DDR4 not to care about how much RAM a browser uses
If you aren't a RAMlet and have over 16GB then you won't ever think about ram usage.

>t. hardwarelet
i have apps that eat away like 17 gb and more. not anyone has a toy compy like you user

hello kike

You're crying about how much ram a fucking browser uses then in the next sentence bragging about shit apps consuming 17gb, do you see how stupid you look?

This. I only started buying games once I switched to Linux. Windows is an OS for poorfags.

I just use about 8 really comfy different shortcuts. I find it more autistic having to use a slow gui every fucking time. Why avoid learning a shortcut user?

Real men use Vivaldi.

>sjwfox
>autoscroll and right click glitch out constantly because a transgender muslim pony-kin had xer shitty, buggy code accepted because muh fee fees
>includes software that will analyze and report "problematic" people like "white supremacists" to the ACLU
>written using rust because nobody at mozilla has the discipline to write decent software without hand-holding

no thank you

Opera > Vivaldi

The only pros Opera has over Vivaldi is the built-in Adblock and free VPN. Speed is about the same.
Nevertheless, Vivaldi has four times more features and options than Opera. Vivaldi is the nerd version of Opera. Not for the weak.

I have a slower machine. Tab switching is much faster in Opera than Vivaldi and everything feels smoother and less laggy. When I open up the options window it displays a blank box with the Vivaldi logo for a second before showing the options. V7 Tabs is a good extension which does side style tabs better than Vivaldi.

Recent Vivaldi update made a window pop-up do tree-style tabs like the Firefox addon which is actually decent and may push me back to using them but I haven't played around with it much

It's all right, but it'll never replace Canary for me.