Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/stock-android-oreo-huawei-mate-9-project-treble/
xda-developers.com/how-project-treble-revolutionizes-custom-roms-android-oreo/
lineage.microg.org/
download.lineageos.org/shamu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit battery life compared to stock

Get a better phone.

Oh I'm running it, it's just not that good, it crashes DAILY and many apps have stupid behavior and regressions from 7.1.1 like this one (clover)
Would not recommend. I'm looking into compiling my own aosp ROM. Would 8gb ram be enough? How much HDD space would I need to compile aosp 8.1?

because aicp/ressurection remix/crdroid/any los based rom exist?

Because I use a superior OS based on QNX.

Untrue my dear fagot

>phone finally got official 7.1.1 update
>can't find the right version of stock recovery to flash it over twrp
FML

Practically zero dev for the OP3.
I'm on Nitrogen OS Oreo..

Too bloated.
Shit kernel sources for your phone, avoid that company in future.

Has Nexus 6 been officially updated to Android O? If it hasn't, stay on 7.1.X. There's no wonder why ROMs based on versions of Android not officially released aren't stable for a period of time.

RR is better.

Also they've been having the same issue for a year (although this happens on most ROMs as well) which is that live display makes the device really laggy. That's fine on stock.

I dunno, should I install it on mido?

>RR is better.
>last zip for my device is a year old
is this bad?

Yeah, don't bother. Check out AICP, crDroid and, if you're lucky, AOSP Extended.

It doesn't support the Xperia XZ.

Doesn't support mi max 2.

Yeah. Get something recent always. My favorite ROM stopped getting updates by August and I ain't using it anymore.

miui >>> lineage, it's time to accept your chink overlords faggots.

I'm running it on a OnePlus 3.

do they release builds for the Moto XT1572?

Miui is ultra bloated broken garbage, even touchwiz is better.

LG V20 here, from what I understand it defaults to wide lens for camera outside of the native camera app, and for some reason the Snap camera app which comes with Lineage doesn't work so you have to sideload Google Camera or another alternative. The latter isn't much of an issue, but if taking a photo in WhatsApp or Telegram the image is bad because of it only recognizing the wide lens.

Of course, I used this a while ago so it may be different now, but I've been using the modified stock WETA ROM for the timebeing. I wish I could switch from it but the few available all have killing quirks, sadly. US996 if anyone's interested.

My stock ROM is so similar that there is no point.

>tfw you actually like MIUI over stock android but the only unofficial build for your phone is trash

what phone

I've been running it on my Zenfone 2 for a few months, and it's worked pretty much flawlessly, although it is Android 7.1.2 on mine.

i am on my spare. might be getting rid of my main since updates are getting further and further apart.

Because I run Paranoid Android, an actual stable ROM. I got tired of all the bugs.

It's written tight on the picture.

*right

I was an idiot and bought a phone that has no root support.

too lazy to update

Not out for the U11 and I guess ViperU is the best one for if anyway

This bloat meme

If you have a decent budget phone, a ROM with a few more features isn't going to make it slower or lose battery any faster.

>being this pajeet

If it was official 8 I'd never use lineage. It's always been markedly worse than stock aosp. Though its also the best custom ROM we have. The best thing to do is compile a non bloated aosp yourself and use that.

>there are people buying phones from companies that don't respect GPL
>there are people staying on bloated, obsolete, unpatched android versions just because their phone came with them preinstalled

>What's your reason?
I had no idea it existed.
With that said, I'm not going to do anything with it.

>I had no idea it existed.
How new are you?

it's non free shit. code quality is very bad (says a lot because android itself is crap). replaces stock android features with their shit half assed attempts. aosp is objectively superior. well was before i switched to a real phone

Because they cannot fix reading contacts from SIM and GLONASS. These should work out of the box. But no! Maintainers are arrogant.

Who the fuck stores contacts on sim nowadays? SIM themselves are getting obsolete with eSIM.

eSIM? tell me more

Google it. Pixel 2 already uses it. Basically, it's a built-in SIM.

I don't want to store contacts in a vcf file and backing that up. Also contacts in the cloud is also bullshit. I do not care about eSIM and we probably won't adopt it any time soon.

Plus when your phone breaks you can always take out the SIM, slap it into your old feature phone that you have in your drawer and you are back in business... Even old feature phones can read contacts from SIM. If stock ROM can do it Lineage should do it as well.

Explain then why you can still use a regular SIM card in that? You are a fag.

bruv, what model do you have? mine is 550ml

>phone can only have one SIM card
Project fi users don't need a SIM card anymore, it will use the eSIM.

Project Fi is US cuck only. Useless for the rest of the world. So shove it up your ass. Prepaid is the way to go. No contracts!

Its fucking not

If it appeared in US expect it to appear in your country in ten years or less.
It's ridden with bugs, almost 2GB in size and has HORRIBLE RAM management.

Guess what. No LineageOS support for that device. Let alone any device with eSIM support. A lot of carriers in the world still doesn't have eSIM support. Shut your mouth until there is a worldwide domination of eSIM.

the browser is so bad
i still use lineageos tho

I don't care! I can call, text, use 4G the same way as you do. Thank you for testing shit before they reach us.

>No LineageOS support for that device.
Because it's only a fucking month old? Even oneplus devs aren't that fast.

stay mad yuropoor

>I don't care!
Then don't claim it's the best. Because you are incapable of the objective opinion on the matter.

I have to downgrade my phone firmware to be able to install it but not even the xda pajeets want to tell how

Moto G 2015 user, and it's working fine here. Better than before really.

And the device has Project Treble. Porting is easy. You can get simple AOSP roms up and running in a day. If some Indian dev can do it on XDA for some chink device Huawei Mate 9 others can do it as well.

Project Fi and Google Fiber is a failure. You have serious problems thanks to other competing services trying to stop Google.

Maybe I'n fucking retarded, but shouldn't AOSP be officially available for pixels?

Not officially compatible with Redmi 4X and some anons say it has battery problems. As soon as that shot is fixed I'll just install it and never look back. Fun xiaomi with their shit ROM.

brainlet

>receive update to miui 9 with nougat
>nougat stock features like new notification shade still doesn't work
>removes features form previous OS like automated tasks.
Well done Chinks. As soon as lineageos with compatible with my chinkphome good fucking by miui

Source code sure...
xda-developers.com/stock-android-oreo-huawei-mate-9-project-treble/

Same bro same

I can't play shitty chinese gatcha games on it

xda-developers.com/how-project-treble-revolutionizes-custom-roms-android-oreo/

It's about PORTING AOSP to other devices. AOSP should be available officially for Pixel.

i tried to when it was still cyanogenmod but it was very unstable and i dont believe that legacy driver support is anyy better in it now(i have drivers designed for 4.3 and every android release has over 9000 compatibility breaking changes).

I've been too lazy. Used to run Cyanogenmod last year before my screen started acting up and I had to send the phone in for repair.

Lineage guys are slow. Other vendors already pushing out Oreo updates. While LineageOS guys get angry when you ask about ETA. Stupid fucks.

True, because LOS internally has many differences from AOSP, mostly it's CM SDK, which nobody uses, and LOS apps. I hope devs start using pure AOSP as a base instead of LOS more frequently. LOS is overhyped in my opinion.

Give me a reason to

I'm done flashing trashy xda roms like this, CM, and PA
They've been completely worthless for years now

i prefer an old but a fully functional os

It isn't available for my Galaxy s5 Neo

Literally the only change I want to see them make in miui9 is remove this 2 finger notification nonsense, it's so fucking annoying to read my notifications on mi max 2.

I'm running it.
- Data roaming doesn't work
- Phone calls and text messages just stop working after some usage, impossible to reliably repro
- SD card is not mounted (it is mounted in the bootloader)
- "Official" thread is designated shitting on users' problems street

And this is on a $500 officially supported device.

A FUCKING JOKE

>CM, and PA
Hello, time traveler.

Should have done the research before the purchase. "Official" only means there's a dedicated man who builds weekly for the device.

I don't have a SIM card.

Fine, taking the bait. How to see if a device is actually working? At the time of purchase, these issues were not listed on the official thread.

Meanwhile on OP5
>what's working
Everything, even the camera from stock ROM.

Check the xda forums, duh.
>these issues were not listed on the official thread
Weird. Have you checked threads for other ROMs? This should give a wider picture.

It isn't supported for my phone if it was I would.

how do i get fake signature support on it?

Assuming you want to install microg, just look up nanomod - it patches and installs everything, on any ROM.

lineage.microg.org/

yeah that's what i want, will magisk with hide work afterwards?

It should, it's using magisk for the installation. I haven't tried because I'm not using hide or microg.
>changing ROM just to use microg

ok thanks user

This is one of the reasons I still have my GS5. Good phone though, LOS works well on it.

>he isn't running lineageos for microg
What's your reason?

lineage.microg.org/

Maybe next time don't download beta versions, doofus?
Next time only flash ROMs from this page:
download.lineageos.org/shamu

Nexus 6 has been officially abandoned by Google. Won't even get security patches anymore let alone Oreo lol. So much for muh Nexus has long support cycles.

>he's not running u-boot + freedreno + TWRP + Magisk + LineageOS + Xposed + F-droid....

not stable enough