Has the Visual studio killer finally arrived?

Has the Visual studio killer finally arrived?

Jetbrains Rider does the same thing VS does, but the installation size isn't 20GB and it isn't filled with disgusting bloat.
It also supports the essentials like nugget, xamarin, etc... and it has resharper naively built in since it's from the same company.

>and it has resharper naively built in since it's from the same company.
Oh, so then it costs twice as much as Visual Studio.

Yeah, no one cares.

>Jetbrains Rider does the same thing VS does
Except you can't make applications with a GUI

> not using a free as in free speech ide

if my company bought me a key I would like to use it, otherelse for personal stuff I don't need that few % of prod that they want to sell me

U wot?

I use PyCharm at work for Django stuff. The company I work in insists we use it.

At home and for other than Python stuff I use Atom and VIM.

If its big project and its JS related or 100% JS, Atom.
Everything else, including python - VIM.

Wow.
I don't think you could pick worse tools or languages even if you tried really hard.

Used it for a Unity project during the beta, it was really cool. Too bad it's paid.

>he pays for software
soyboy cuck

>Being an honest, upstanding citizen and not expecting everything to be handed to him for free
>soyboy

>another half-assed shitbrains product
Umm no thanks sweetie.

>half-assed
are you edgy, stupid, or both?
reshaper is industry standard and it is absolutely IMAGINABLE that one would write C# code without it

Anyone who speaks against Visual Studio, has no idea how powerful it actually is

I pity the fool

VS is great except for the part where i have to install literally 17GB of MANDATORY bloat to get shit like xamarin to work properly

I don't use Xamarin, but that has nothing to do with Visual Studio... If you're gonna support Android and IOS and whatever, you need all the libraries and the different versions of them to support all the available devices

The android ecosystem alone has a zillion files... It's not Microsoft's fault...

Also
>omg 17GB
>2017
mate, my phone as 128GB lol

Why do these programs take up so much storage? I’m not a programmer but I don’t understand why it’s SO much. What the hell is in then that makes them so large?

No one really uses resharper anymore.
Visual studio implemented in the default build everything that resharper had and it's FREE!!!11!

Jetbrains shit is slow as molasses, written in java and honestly a fucking pain to deal with

>no custom project templates
>no xaml preview
>no edmx preview

It's on a good way, but sadly can't replace my visual studio yet.

>Paying for shit when ypu can get it for free
>Mistaking one's incompetence for honor
There is nothing honourable or "upstanding" about paying for shit which is clearly overpriced and a product of jewish trickery

Oh wow, it's subscription based. That sucks.

>expecting
No , you don't expect anything , you go and get it for free , soyboy .

You're big guy.

>.NET

lads...

Secret neural networks generated by super computers so your computer doesn't have to do all majority of the processing.
Not even joking.

What's the latest meme for GUI dev in C#? Still WinForms or WPF or something?

Now I see why Sup Forums shits on it. Same reason why they are shitting on macbooks

uwp

usually these IDEs are for writing software targeting multiple plataforms, so you need the libraries for those plataforms
see

is this more fast than VS? VS sort of lags when opening/saving files

>.NET IDE
>Visual studio killer

mmm no

Jetbrains IDEs are junk. If you write a complex GUI in Java, you deserve to be ridiculed

What's wrong with Java for GUI applications? Sure. Swing and JavaFX are shit, any non-native toolkit is shit, but that's hardly the fault of the language.

Visual studios sucks fucking ass
It legitimately is the worst IDE I've ever used. There's so many stupid things like not being able to edit code while your program is running and make it so when you search for a term, you have to hit additionals buttons to toggle between going forward and backwards. Like the why the FUCK isn't there just two different buttons??? Instead it uses the same button and you have to click a dropdown and switch between "forward" and "backward". Are you out of your fucking mind?
Even xcode is better than this piece of shit software. Even thinking about it has suddenly pissed me of and made me angry. My life was made 100x better when I switched to using rider when working on our .net project. Fuck visual studios

I think the problem lies within your autism, not with VS itself.

I used it during the beta, which was free.

I used the Rider beta at work and was thoroughly impressed.
The code completion in JetBrains IDEs is miles better than Visual Studio.
The code formatter is miles better.
Syntax highlighting in files with multiple languages actually works in JetBrains - it doesn't in Visual Studio.

Any idea where to get this shit for free? I can't find it on torrents

>installation size isn't 20gb
wow good I'm glad I have 10gb more space on my 500gb hard drive

That being said ReSharper is good and intelliJ is also pretty decent, so I'm sure its a good product, but I'm sticking with VS for my hobby work cause it's free

I don't support free speech though.

Then you should probably kill yourself.

rutracker

I see no reason to give away my shekels when VS is free.

It's not on rutracker.