Why didn't they just make the entire front the screen and add the notch as another piece at the top?

Why didn't they just make the entire front the screen and add the notch as another piece at the top?

Did you think before you wrote that?

Embrace the notch cuck

Like this? It would actually be better in my opinion.
Also please forgive my first attempt at Photoshop

Or this?

Or this

Or this

Forgot pic

Very funny

to me its smart
because nothing is ever displayed in that zone anyways and the notch gives the phone some personality

kek

4/10 try again

left look 10 times better and have more usable display

Stop

>personality of a faggot

It's satire you dusty cheeto puff.

damage control

I don't really mind the notch but I really don't get why they didn't just go with the slightly taller phone as pictured. It's like apple was desperate to claim edge to edge even though the stupid thing still has a bezel to begin with.

Makes me wonder if they did it just to say they "improved" it next year and eliminated the notch just to get folks to spend $1k for another one.

It's an Apple product. That shit would snap the fuck off the second you tried to put it in your pocket.

Based on this I'm fully expecting the next iPhone to look exactly like this

>pic
Kek.

I preordered the iPhone X and got mine delivered on the first day, and after using it regularly I think I understand why they went with the notch: so that other people know you're using an iPhone.

See, if it was just a sheer screen, how would someone that glances at your phone know you were using an iPhone and not Chinese Slab of Glass #52? In the first couple weeks, people would randomly ask how the new iPhone was, because they could immediately recognize it as one. Don't forget that a solid 80% of people buy iPhone not because they like iOS or Apple's stance on privacy, but because it's a status symbol. (That's also why they were able to raise the price to $1000 and see sales go up instead of down - because iPhones are a Veblen good.)

Apple could easily have done something like what shows - they're not idiots. This was a calculated move.

Maybe, I have one too and while I was on a plane flight the other day someone noticed my phone and pointed out she had one too so they obviously stand out enough. Might also be a situation where apple was trying to avoid a reverse of their lawsuit against Samsung.

Either way I'd rather they have just skipped the notch.

>See, if it was just a sheer screen, how would someone that glances at your phone know you were using an iPhone

this would actually be genius if the camera thing was as thick as the phone itself.

this is also pretty nice desu.

>"left look.. and have"
kill yourself

Next "full screen" trend will be 100% front display and then 2nd smaller display on the back with camera, earpiece and sensors.

Shit