Daily reminder that Ad-blocking=Theft

Daily reminder that Ad-blocking=Theft.

When the ads come on TV and I get up to take a piss, is that theft?
When the ads come on the radio and I change the channel, is that theft?
Feel free to fuck off.

Nothing was stolen, therefore not theft. I never agreed to a contract stating that I owed a website ad revenue.

cool

daily reminder that nobody cares you jew

I mute my TV every time ads come on. Fite me fgt.

Well said.

Print a magazine. Sell it.
And stop snorting cocaine.

Don't care.

>right wing archiving websites

imagine if every game was readly and easily available for free, no worries, not having to crack anything or risk getting viruses, how many people would choose to buy it?
fighting piracy is necessary.

If you post something on a website, you're doing the internet equivalent of standing on the corner handing out free newspapers to anyone who comes by asking for one.

You'd probably much prefer if everyone who took a newspaper read the ads. But you can't legally or morally force them to. You were handing out copies to any and all comers, if someone takes a newspaper, reads the articles, and tosses the classifieds in the bin, that's their right. The same way that TV networks can't stop you from running to make a sandwich during the commercials, and radio stations can't stop you from channel-surfing in the ad breaks.

If you want to ensure that only those who give you revenue get your content, the solution is to put up a paywall. Which works well for some places. But most would just find themselves without any readers, since they don't post anything valuable enough that people will fork over money for.

This means that they're fundamentally unviable, but ad money has been propping them up. So they beg for you to allow ads. Making your business model work, however, is not my problem, and I will not go out of my way or inconvenience myself to help you. Why should I?

Ads today are complete cancer.
If you click anywhere one tab and one window open.
If they limit the ads to PUNCH GEORGE BUSH FOR AN IPAD banners then I would be okay with that.

I do exactly that. Even is game is absolutely 100% free I usually give the devs some money, about 10-20$, depending on how much I enjoyed the game.

If i can ignore ads on TV, ads in the streets, and block phone advertising, then you are no different.
Especially since the Internet is primarily a communication medium where monetary gains are a privilege and not a right.
It's not my responsibility to prop your site by inconveniencing myself, eating my performance and bandwidth and making page-load impossible,
opening my computer to harm from some hacker hijacking ads or ad domains which you can't respond to in time before the
damage is already done (damage that you won't recuperate), harming my ears from audio-ads.
It's not even a moral or ethical responsibility since you are a foreign faggot and giving unilateral support to my country's competition is in itself immoral and unethical unless there is a return benefit relevant to the survival of my people (food and construction materials for example, digital economy is irrelevant).
In fact, if you have come to the Internet with the intent of making money solely on advertising then you are either a newfaggot to the Internet,
or an idiot who doesn't understand what the primary purpose of the Internet is, in which case you deserve to fail based on ignorance and arrogance in sum.

>ads redirecct you to a different page without your consent
>ads open new windows without your consent or intent
>ads blast you with sound
If you force ads onto users, you are engaging in cyber rape. You should be sent to prison desu famlam.

>switching channel during ad is theft

>imagine if GOG existed
So Witcher 1/2/3 being DRM free made the devs poor?

Internet ads violate the NAP.
Be glad I can still block them.

>Incompetech makes completely free music
>never used copyright or DRM, doesn't even bother to officially sell it in any way
>never even asked for money, just shits the music out into the net for shits and giggles
>people flock to give him hundreds and thousands in donations in an unending surge
>companies pay him royalty fees that they don't even have to pay, in hundreds of thousands and millions
Literally kill yourself famlam.

Nope. The internet is a pull, not a push media. I therefore decline to push ads. It's simple.

wtf I love thieves now

*pull, sorry.

24 replies
Sup Forums is the next Sup Forums

I disagree.

What level of irony are you on?

And advertising is home invasion.

probably none considering that Sup Forums falls for such an obvious bait

No what is theft is when an ad provider for even a legit site has been hijacked and starts sending out malware. Adblocking at this point is a god damn security precaution.

>new pizza place opens
>gives away free pizza
>they have slices on the counter up for grabs with the sign ”they’re free”
>everyone takes an ad pamphlet from the counter along with the pizza
>don’t take an ad pamphlet
>walk out with the pizza
At which point was theft committed?

>none
zuz

>leading millenial news service
my sides, zhey do nozhing.

>gets his anus blasted by Sup Forums
>b-b-b-but it was b-bait guys
>i swear!
KEK, get the fuck out ad shill. A bait blasted in shit and piss is better than bait left dangling without repercussions.

Yeah trying out the pizza itself is the advertising. Like how this tastes and want more? Come by and buy some more.

thanks for the reminder
still can't give a shit

>and other reputable news outlets

kek of the century

Reminder that OP is a faggot

time is money
they're wasting my time with ads
they're wasting my money with ads
they're stealing my money with ads
Ads = Theft

So are they going to just prevent screencapping and copy/pasting too?

This can't be real right? My fucking god it's real. I just tried looking at vice on archive.is. This is hilarious, this whole post reads like one long meme holy shit.

>referencing our archived posts and articles by "industry experts"
>without giving us a chance to update, remove, or edit them

If I can get it free on the internet why in fucking name of Satan would I pay for some bitchass software or even games. Ads can suck my dick tho.

When they show ads on the bottom of the screen while you watch the show and you cover that part of the screen with your hand = THEFT

daily reminder that I don't give a shit and I really hope you end up starving in some small alley like you deserve

When you don't look at billboards while driving its theft

Last time I checked I didn't agree to see them. They should be paying me to view their garbage.

Fuck this, they need to IP ban the faggot that posted this.

I'll stop when adverts aren't used for malware delivery and phishing

I know. That's why I do it.

I mean yeah of course. I steal all the time? Problem?

Friendly reminder that 3rd party advertising has become the interwebs biggest malware attack vector.

>tfw I tried to help meme RWDS' into existence
>ended up with RWAS'
It's a start, I suppose.

Ads are theft(of data, privacy, security and mental health)
Ad blocking is locking the door so the thief can't get in.

What fuck?

>about 10-20$
lol you're a fucking thief

What I'd even being stolen?
I paid for the fucking roads.

Tactics like OP is using can be very well causing people to rationalise theft as necessary. I never use to consider theft as a good thing, but after I started to believe that adblocking was theft, it excited me. I've since shoplifted 200 dollars worth of lollipops from my local Walmart.

wtf i hate archiving now

The internet is a pull medium, not a push medium. I merely decline to pull ads. Not taking something that is offered isn't stealing

I dont care

Intrusive ads are a perfect example of why the tech industry forces people to pirate who would normally not pirate. Youtube drove me to use ad-blockers as they have minute long commercials that run before videos that you cant escape out of. Only 'honest' people are punished by wasting their day watching these ads. Piracy would (mostly) disappear if the industry would stop screwing customers

AD's are also theft because of the way the work since they track and steal your metadata to sell to other people.

Next step: not buying advertised product is a theft.
>current state of crapitalist logic

i love stealing

Daily reminder that embedding exploits in ads that encrypt the user's files and demand payment in bitcoin is extortion.

Nice try, this image is a fake

>wayback machine is right-wing because it saves everything
That image better be fake

>Receive free newspaper but walk away before the person handing them out has a chance to advertise whatever he has chosen to advertise
>Sections in the newspaper continuously implore me to listen to the newspaper salesman because it's how they make their revenue
>I decide to listen to what the newspaper salesman has to say one day
>Newspaper salesman shanks me
>Wake up in alley, newspaper pinned to my chest tells me to seek a doctor because my kidneys have been harvested due to a malicious ad

I'm almost certain it's a fake. I've seen it posted before and I can remember someone pointing out it's a faked image.

Even if this is true, I care... Why?

Well said.

Wouldn't be surprised. Stormers aren't too different from lefties in the sense that they make shit up to play the victim card.

>not accepting my AIDS is rape

ads using up my bandwidth is theft

>living in a country where this is legal
oh my fucking god user

youtube tries to force me to watch ads everytime I wanna watch something. those ads are a theft of my bandwidth.

The only difference is that stormers don't have any influence in society while leftist actually ruin innocent people's lives from cyberbullying the Rosetta scientist for a shirt, to pressuring businesses to fire employees because they were overheard making a joke among themselves privately like with Adria Richards case, to the latest example of firing a black woman who worked 2 decades for them and did her job beyond well because she dared to state a humanist stance that diversity also includes a diversity of individual life experiences which white men are also a part of.
Don't even try to equate storm weenies and leftist SJW's. Ones are plain retards, the others are retards who put their retardation into deeds and destroy innocents without care.

link?
...oh, wait...

Hence why I limited the comparison to playing the victim card.

You see, the way the internet works is that browser has to request from the server every single element contained in the page. My browser requests the content I came for and leaves everything else safely on the server.

OK.

And what crime is hosting malware inside ads?

When there is a soccer game on and during half time you leave the room for 1 minute to pee while they show ads = THEFT.

Advertisers pay for clicks.
Blocking ads saves an advertiser's money.

>Ignoring displayed ads is theft.

>cyberbullying
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

nice try, jew

It was in the news though, the dude was harassed and his shirt eclipsed the actual reason for the event to be held in the first place

yeah, that's why valve is so poor from running steam

people pirate products when said product is not worth its price tag, saddles them up with undeserved inconvenience, etc.

Good products that are made and work according to the relevant best practices, sold by companies that do business respectfully, and that are worth the price tag because there's no huge management structure getting paid millions for doing jack shit and thereby inflating the price tag disproportionally to the real work being put on, those products don't generally get pirated.

tldr: if your shit gets pirated more than it gets bought legitly, you suck at doing business and making products.

Hopefully advertising ceases to be a viable option and the internet can go back to being an enthusiast user space where people pay for hobby sites out of their own pocket just because they want to.

i used to just pirate the streams until i got bored of watching sports when i realized it was tribal goy shit

But I'm a commie and communism is all about mass thievery

OY VEY

I want this future to happen

Wow this is some fucking effective bait.