Firefox is literally putting GOOGLE ANALYTICS into their web browser to track you...

Firefox is literally putting GOOGLE ANALYTICS into their web browser to track you. You can opt out using "do not track" but you have to opt out which is wrong and you'd have to know about it to do so.

Why the fuck are we putting up with this absolute bullshit? why has everybody forgotten about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
ghacks.net/2017/07/13/privacy-blunder-firefox-getaddons-page-google-analytics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

[citation needed]

Have you seen Firefox's markert share? The reason nobody is talking about it is because nobody uses that piece of shit browser other then GNU/SJW faggots.

I'm genuinely curious. How do I calculate a market share for a product that's not bought?

or do you mean market as in 'people that own computers'? in which case I feel 'adoption rate' might sound more appropriate.

is it coming up? is it already in quantum? how do I disable it? searching for the solution gives me lots of add-ons?

This

this

>Why the fuck are we putting up with this absolute bullshit?

More like "why the fuck do we need to care about tracking"? I understand your autism, but for regular joe this tracking thing does not change anything.

It's old news, people already sperged out when it was introduced in Nightly because webextension uMatrix can't block it
One of the reasons I'm never moving away from XUL

I'm waiting for you to post the second part, something like
>"and because FF is shit, you should totally use [insert pozzed, ideally proprietary browser here], it's so much better!!"

>Have you seen Firefox's markert share?
Have you seen God?

Are you believe that it's possible to calculate such a thing?

Nothing short of hosts file can block shit on addons page, and XUL won't help you.

>why the fuck do we need to care about tracking

Or gnu + SJW as I've taken to calling it.

Switch to Waterfox.

0.0.0.0 google-analytics.com
0.0.0.0 www.google-analytics.com

>I don't know how the internet works

>Have you seen God?
No... just like you can't see firefox market share because it's so small.

>Are you believe that it's possible to calculate such a thing?
It's quite easy to get a good idea, unless you are implying the Firefox actually has a huge market share just none of them use it to brose the web... which would make sense because Firefox is so insecure that using it on a computer with an internet connection is just stupid and careless, which is why Firefox is banned from pwn2own because hacking in to Firefox is so easy they cannot justify paying people for doing it and Mozilla make n effort to rectify that other than literally stealing chromes sandboxing code (check the Mozilla hg repo and they don't even try to hide it).

Only google knows the "market" share of the browsers and mozilla recently made a new contract with google, so it's much larger than you believe it.

I feel sorry for you I really do, you're so desperate and delusional about all of this.

Google pay Mozilla because Google profit massively from it, the few users Firefox has left are all literally retarded and Google prey on this by paying to be the default search which means Google get

* Cookies
* Tracking
* Can push targeted ads
* Pushes chrome adverts on home page

Just generally pushes services on them which gets them to make google accounts to set up even further tracking.

The fact Mozilla are so open to selling what users they have lefts privacy is not only pathetic but also disgusting. They care nothing about privacy or security they are a total joke.

>a google shill acting high
oy vey...

>using broadcast address

back to lebbit you go

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
ghacks.net/2017/07/13/privacy-blunder-firefox-getaddons-page-google-analytics/

Then don't use about:addons. Simple as it gets.

>"they're putting flouride in the drinking water that makes everyones IQ drop!"
>"just dont drink water then"

HOW DO I RESTORE CLOSED WINDOWS ON THE NEW FIREFOX???

So I had A LOT of very important tabs opened on a firefox window and I didnt realize I had another (empty) firefox window opened. I closed the one with all the tabs which I meant to restore when I reopened firefox but since I also had the empty one (which Im now using to type this question) it's gonna be the only one restored.
I've run into this probably in the old firefox but it was no big deal because there was a "restore closed windows" option next to the "restore previous session" but it's not there on the new firefox. HELP THIS IS A HUGE DEAL IM FREAKING OUT

Try pressing ALT to open the menu bar. Go to History > Recently closed windows
Next time press CTRL-Q instead of closing the window.

>actually updating Firefox and using the new one unironically
Shiggy

Anyway, restoring it is actually pretty easy: menu > library > history > recently closed windows > click on the one you want.
Thank you for making me figure this clusterfuck out, yet another reason for me to never use this piece of shit.

ctrl+h - history view

don't use tabs where you actually want bookmarks.

why do we care if they track us? they don't record our names, ids or other personal information. in fact they don't care who we are as individuals, they are only interested in the data for statistical analysis

Firefox has a market share of around 15%, which is more users than the population in the vast majority of countries.

thanks guys. I was seconds away from killing myself

(You) can't be real.

> pozzed
Fuck off kid

OY VEY GOY

keep waiting, im not shilling some shitty alt browser. this is a serious issue in FF.

>4 answers
>not a single argument

What argument is there to make? You posted a personal opinion on something you know nothing about. You are simply looking for replies. Have a sage and fuck off.

>Be me earlier using quantum at dad's PC
>Landing page is ladden with useless bullshit
>Some "firefox pocket" headline stories about le ebul alt-right
>Later on try to install an addon
>"Not compatible with Firefox quantum."

Jesus fuck those NuZilla SJW's and soygoy devs can get fucked with a fork seriously

Hopefully waterfox takes off soon and replaces ((quantum)) for good

i was looking for the spelled out argument in favor of privacy because i can't easily make it myself and i see so many people have completely different values than me but they seem to be living fine and society keeps working that maybe i was wrong about this too

Welcome to nu/g/. A place where political newfaggots who know shit about tech and don't care about freedom unless it involves a gun for compensation come to circle jerk and, (un)ironically, shill for their kike overlords.

>muh small firefox market share
>99% of browser discussion on Sup Forums and reddit is about Firefox

those graphs are bs