Is anyone else worried that self-driving cars might fail to include manual overrides for "safety" features like...

Is anyone else worried that self-driving cars might fail to include manual overrides for "safety" features like collision avoidance with pedestrians?

What if you need to run someone over? (E.g., a knife-wielding meth addict in your driveway or a glow-in-the-dark CIA nigger?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bn1uzAJk-6o
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/08/inside-waymos-secret-testing-and-simulation-facilities/537648/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There will be a whole bunch of issues to contend with including abuse by fleshy bags of water. We niggers always find creative ways to fuck things up.

They will be controlled by a controller somewhere in the city if you need help(by pushing a button).

The main problem is that these self-driving cars are 'autistic' in that they drive respecting the rules of the road perfectly.

There are certain 'unwritten' rules that local drivers will abide by that the AI won't be able to understand.

Google was caught hardcoding "california rolls" into their driving AI, that is, slowing down at a stop but not stopping for the required 3 seconds, they claimed this was to increase "assertiveness", since a self-driving car has no visual cues to give to other drivers.

just root your car and unistall those apps

Yeah, about that

youtube.com/watch?v=bn1uzAJk-6o

In the UK this does not work. You can still be sent a parking fine through the post. It does not need to be put on your vehicle.

UK cucked yet again

>california rolls
It's called a rolling stop. Rolling stops aren't exclusive to California dude.

Funny how that it's always localized. In Sweden that is called "Norrlands-stop".

Would probably result in it being towed.

>2025
>Flasking a custom ROM on my car's motherboard

I can't seem to find it but that's the biggest problem Google is working with right now. It's very easy to teach a car how to drive legally. It's a completely different ballgame to teach the car to drive "normally" in the sense of what we all understand. That it's normal to go above speed limit in certain areas and that slowly rolling into into a 4-way stop is necessary for other cars to see you/you see other cars.

It's a really interesting topic because there's a fine line between driving "normally" and driving like an asshole. Don't want the cars to learn the shitty behaviors we have just because we call them "normal" -> i.e. cutting people off

I can't seem to find it -> talking about an article interviewing some Google employees about my post.

Anyway, I found it. Neatest thing? There's a "World of Carcraft", which is a giant simulation world for Waymo devs to test their algos, including crafting certain situations and seeing how the car handles it.

Holy fuck triple post. theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/08/inside-waymos-secret-testing-and-simulation-facilities/537648/

its the same thing in the US you fucking idiot. you get something in the mail because high school tools like yourself would say 'duur i didnt see one on muh winsheeld'

enter the real world

A California stop is when you just slow down but don't come to a complete stop, or if you do stop it is way beyond the limit line.

>tfw they will calculate minorities lives as more valuable than white/cis/straight/christian/males every time
>tfw you check your privilege with your life to save gay looting niggers

Was this supposed to be funny or insightful? Because it was neither.

1. Can you stop for whatever is on the road?
2. If no, why are you driving?
If in doubt: Car AI will be so stupid, its really smart.

check the date of the video

fuck off you frigid leftist faggot

I, too, cannot wait until Hillary's political enemies just have "automotive malfunctions" instead of "sudden onset suidical depression".

I would put good money on them having manual overrides. Why? Insurance.
If i ran an insurance company i wouldn't take any sales pitch that they threw out regards safety.

Components suddenly failing and and an OS blue screen of death. I would charge at least triple to insure your new botnet car that is a more gay version of KITT

Manual overrides are a point of failure
Humans are much more likely to panic and make a major error in the midst of an unexpected situation than the automated driver

All the studies so far have shown that allowing a human co-piloting actually increases rather than decreases the crash rate. Most road traffic accidents are the result of human error

please mind your language, this isn't Sup Forums nor Sup Forums

3rd-gen self driving cars probably won't even have pedals and a steering wheel.
1st (level 4 autonomy) will need it because selfdriving will only work under certain conditions or when it's geo-fenced
2nd will need it because the car may be able to handle all road situations there may still be a few rare corner cases where it's just easier to let a human drive, e.g. onto a narrow ramp of a car truck or things like that.

No. We are nowhere close to controlless cars being either a physical or regulatory reality.

I've got an idea: Go fuck yourself. You're on Sup Forums, not a PBS Antiques Roadshow forum.

It'll die a quick death once one of those suckers runs over some poor bastard.

Once every car is self-driving they'll be able to dispense with all road rules; cars will be able to fly through intersections without control but will never crash because they'll know where all the other cars are and what they're doing.

The lidar on the roof is more valuable than the car underneath it.

>because they'll know where all the other cars are and what they're doing.
What about hackers?

>cutting people off

9/10 times this means a legal lane change into a small space, which is only small because you're a tailgating faggot who doesn't want anyone else in front of him

so you have to slow down and regain your five feet of following distance. the horror.

t. Californian

Not even dude. Californians are shit drivers. I just live in a suburban area and you end up doing rolling stops with the amount of empty 4 way stops.

i see this question all the time

who fuckin cares anymore

let it plow through children if it has to

>s anyone else worried that self-driving cars might fail to include manual overrides for "safety" features like collision avoidance with pedestrians?

That's not the worst part. They will be hackable and most likely have backdoor, so you can be assassinated any time by the government or people working at the car manufacturer.

More likely that some Luddite will T-bone you with a stolen truck. How will your "intelligent" car cope with that?
Do you know what to do if the battery is breached on a rainy day?

>Do you know what to do if the battery is breached on a rainy day?
Put you head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye?