/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vernee.cc/products/thor/
f-droid.org/app/org.smssecure.smssecure
m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-8610.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, in Hong Kong now. Looking for the best cheap phone, because I just lost my last Redmi

I am buying a new phone for snapchat, picture sharing and testing applications

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X 64gb 1300hkd
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X 32gb 1030hkd
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 32gb 1200hkd
Xiaomi Redmi A5 16gb 990hkd (One seller 850hkd)
Xiaomi Mi A1 64gb 1630hkd
Xiaomi Redmi 4x 32gb 980hkd
Xiaomi Redmi 4x 32gb 980hkd
LeEco Le 2 X620 32gb 980hkd
LeEco Le 2 X520 32gb 990hkd
LeEco Le Max 2 64gb 1900hkd
Meizu 魅藍 Note6 32gb 1700hkd

I didn't check grey market prices, should I?

USA/Verizon/$300/Good Battery Life

What are my options /spg/

>mfw all phones suck so I'm still using my 6s for the foreseeable future

Best US phone?

Should I get the google pixel or just get an LG G3? what would a gentoomen do?

>2016 Pixel XL 128gb new, $475
>LG G6 64gb new, $550

I want the better camera and amoled but reviewers have said the battery life drops noticeably after a year

Looking for cheap new phone with android oreo update confirmed. Is Moto G5 a good choice or should I go for something else.
I prefer small phones but I can't find good hardware under 4,5

>Samsung bumping their flagships to 3 year upgrade lifecycles instead of 2 years
>Galaxy S6 getting Oreo

>go Pixel
G3 has a limited life span, will just start boot looping after about a year more or less for most of them

what kind of SOT is an S6 user getting in 2017? 30 minutes?

Any suggestions of a waterproof phone with great battery life? These are my only real priorities. I plan on using it as a bike tour GPS

No es faek

Pixel

My iphone 6 ive had for 3 years no longer connects to my service provider, I took it to the store i bought it from and they told me im SoL, any fixes?

recommendation for a new phone if not?

I would like to know too. My s7 edge can't hold a charge and runs chrome with 300 tabs open like shit. Feels bad that Samsung cucked out and I can't change battery

>300 tabs open

for what purpose

Upcoming HTC U11+ is rated IP68 and has a 4,000 mah battery

mia1 has stock android

moto g (xt1032) latest stock rom, no root, no debug mode.
stuck in a boot loop generally on the blue m logo. occasionally when i disconnect the battery i can get the full splash animation to cycle but when finished it goes back to the blue m

i tried swapping the battery, same behaviour displayed

windows briefly recognised it once but i have not had any luck reproducing that so i can use adb commands. i can't seem to get it to launch into boot menu.

any ideas what could be wrong with this? it has not really gotten wet but has had a few drops over the years.

hoping to save my photos and just buy a new phone.

Go with the Meizu, the Xiaomis have bad to decent cameras, unless you're willing to go through all that stuff to install Google HDR+

Anyone ITT own a Pixel 2016?

So I have Verizon and an S7 edge in America. I have payed off the 2 year contract for the phone. Can I just buy a Xiaomi Mi A1 for 200ish bucks and put my SIM card into and that's that?

I replaced my s6 battery with a s7 edge 3600mah and I'm getting 8 hours SoT at least with no power saving mode

Femanon here
For a cheap phone with the likelihood of an Oreo update I'd go for an Android One phone, like the Xiaomi A1. Stock android and decent specs for the price

xperia XZ1 has to be one of the comfiest phones this year,
perfect size, perfect screen size, perfect screen res, best aspect ratio, close to stock android, launched with oreo and treble, quick as shit updates and security patches, great audio, and camera, great day and a half battery.
the price not so perfect, i paid £560 for mine but at it's RRP of £600 the pixel 2 is a better deal,even though it's £29 more.

and having tried the XZ premium, and XZ1 compact, the plain jane XZ1 is sony's best phone this year.

oh fuck off.

tits or gtfo

and here's trying to squeeze as much out of it.

Did I make a mistake?

HTC desire 650

Got it rom a friend's aunt. It was factory reset, but still wants the old google account. It detected a password reset on it, which has not been done at that point. Okay, so I reset it, waited 24 hours without touching the phone, but now it still complains about the same. I don't know what to do...

Anyone have ideas?

not really, but oneplus are being a shitty company lately, also why buy a phone this time of year which doesn't ship with oreo.

factory reset in the bootloader

How did you find the XZ Premium? What was it that you didn't like in it? Kinda considering it as one of the options once my phone dies for good.

Are there any mid-range phones that have a 18:9 display?

What launchers/texting apps does Sup Forums use? I've got nova launcher atm which suits me well enough but I have yet to find a texting app that isn't a lump of ass

Nope, did that. Still the google thing comes up with the same bullshit. Even wiped the cache partition. Must be a recent hardened protection thing.

It's supposed to receive the update in late december

the size of it, it was a little too big for me to use comfortably, also the fact that youtube removed 4K HDR from the application, as well as not really being able to tell the difference between 1080p and 4K, and that it wasn't getting updated to treble, also a little nervous over the glass back

it was a lot of little things but they made a big thing altogether, but it's still a good phone, and in chrome it really stands out, if i had bigger hands i would have kept it, as size wise it's the same as the plus versions of iphones.
but if you can get a deal on it i'd get it.

still it should have shipped with it, as OEMs have already released oreo updates and beta programs.

How are the edges of the compact? Are they uncomfortable when in your hand or in a pocket?

What's replacing the Nexus line ? Xiaomi Mi A1 ?
I would like to replace my Nexus 5X for something with more RAM but keep a decend performance and camera.

I see, thanks. It's a shame that youtube removed that, but honestly there's not much of that content in the first place, I would assume...

I like bigger phones, but the glass surfaces do worry me, and especially the fact that you can't put a tempered protector on the screen without sacrificing screen space or clarity due to the curved edges...

What's the best cheap 64GB internal + MicroSD phone?
Or maybe just the cheapest phone that has that?

No treble support for sure on the xz premium?
also, xz premium on sale for $549.99 a decent deal?

I don't know if we can really talk about it but what phone company do you guys use? I'm on TMobile.

Possible to run Magisk + Xposed and bypass SafetyNet ctsProfile & basicintegrity yet?

LG Q6 I think

DNA in Finland and MTS in Russia. Not that I consciously chose either, the first one's just because it's a work SIM and the second one's the one all of my relatives have, in part due to that company being a source of profit as a subcontractor for my dad for decades.

nah I just bought this

I can't get my head around how amazing it is, I love it so much

oneplus 5t

Moto G5 Plus, G5S Plus, Z Play or Z2 Play

Mate 10 Lite

I hear the HTC U11+ won't be coming to the US. Will it still work on US networks though?

Oneplus 5T

Redmi Note 4

Oukitel K10000 MAX

now let's face reality

1. plastic top and bottom
2. camera has a shitty low-light performance
3. average battery with 2900mAh (a day and a half? c'mon!)

other than that, the phone is fucking sexy, snappy and durable.

No Xiaomi alternative?

No expandable storage tho.

Different user here, I have the Z play and the trade off of having the mediocre camera is excellent battery life. Honestly the camera is fine during evenly lit conditions but in low light the white balance sucks, detail is lost quickly, the auto ISO setting is very hit or miss withing snapchat or IG (white balance struggles and focusing manually does some weird things, sometimes failing to focus altogether for 2-4 seconds). The actual Moto camera app is wonderful with ease of use and access to settings which can overlay with the viewfinder/preview for quick adjusting. The amoled screen on mine has a very blue/cool color temperature and when I compared it to another unit on display along with the X4 they were both warmer and whites looked better. Supposedly a warmer/yellow tint is more common among the super amoleds for Motorola. I got mine for $250 and I'm considering the original 5.5" Pixel XL

>No Xiaomi alternative
Mi A1 is probably the closest

128gb is more than enough to last forever
64gb will never give you issues

>2900mAh
I wish. It's 2700

redpill me on the nokia 3. live in a third world shithole and it goes for 180 dollars. won't want to spend more than 200 for when i get mugged, need money for the stabbing doctor.

Groupon has a deal for Newegg giftcards
you get a $110 giftcard for $100 - limit 2
just bought a Moto G5+ 4gb/64gb for $205

where do you live

also look on youtube reviews

-.-

Sigh. People in these threads don't care about the true chinkphones and the people in the chinkshit thread don't care about phones. Can never have get good opinions in regards to the low-cost chinkphones...

128GB for sure, only scenario where I'd buy a phone without an MicroSD card slot.
64GB is sketchy as shit already, App and OS Sizes keep increasing...

surely you can buy a cheap Xiaomi instead? or even some random chinkphone?

How can I get a dark theme on my galaxy s8 plus from sprint?

What is a true chinkphone then?

Sorry, though you were this guy

Can I use the oneplus 5T with AT&T in northwest America?

Is the Oneplus 5 still for sale? I go to the website and on the page to buy it, but nothing comes up? I wanna get it just cause I heard it's like $100 cheaper than the 5t for basically the same thing.

Yes

That's a hell of a deal, I've been on the hunt for an ebay gift card

OP5 is discontinued

The kinds you find for less than $200 on Aliexpress, Gearbest, DealExtreme, Geekbuying...

There are some legit good ones there, although you'd be well advised to do a lot of research (YouTube, forums) to see which are good and which have horrible "hidden" flaws.

For example, you can easily find 4/64GB RAM/Internal Phones below $150. You can also find currently popular aesthetic designs, with loads of those manufacturers making Bezel-less and 18:9 copies.

I recommend checking out Vernee Mix 2, Doogee Mix 2 and Maze Alpha if you want to see some nice looking, cheap but actually competently made Phones. You can even get a very good cheap Phablet (6.44") in the Uhans Max.

Overall, good brands are Cubot, Uhans, Vernee. Oukitel and VKWorld are decent. Leagoo is good but had some issues recently, but they will be interesting in the future (official Tottenham FC partnership for example). Umi/Umidigi have a poor track record.

Just be sure to always check whether your mobile bands are supported and to remember that almost all of these phones run on MediaTek processors, so custom Roms and such are not a thing.

Overall, the whole point of these chinkphones is that you can find:
1. Totally legitimate alternatives (with lots more storage and clean OS) to the bigger name brands
2. Xiaomi Redmi (Note) 4 alternatives with a big more interesting aesthetic designs.

I thought they were still selling them while they had stock?

>64GB is sketchy as shit already, App and OS Sizes keep increasing...

They did, no stock anymore

was broken power button. ripped it off and got it to boot.

not only the app sizes themselves but all the cache and shit that goes with it. unless you enjoy having to clear that once a week then a browser and handful of apps easily eat up a good amount of GiB's

Is this a serious suggestion? The phone looks good but its website's Engrish makes me nervous

As it should. Those chinese phones last for about 9 months.

I was more concerned about the software end of things. All phones are chinese made right?

6 inch or more

6GB RAM

SD card

Physical home button with fingerprint scanner

Band 20 (800 mhz)

Max 300$

Any phone to fit this criteria? I know that Maze Alpha does but I dont know how reliable or good is that, if anyone owns one pls tell me about it

vernee.cc/products/thor/

Ordered one of these. Hopefully it is good. Don't care much about muh network support. Was only $92.

Try Silence from F-Droid.
f-droid.org/app/org.smssecure.smssecure

Just destroyed my iCuck 6S smartphone accidentally, screen is completely busted, would rather not repair it or get another Apple phone and use this opportunity to make the switch. I’m thinking about a Xiaomi or something, what phone should I switch to? The only thing I really care about is that the software is free to modify and not completely cucked like iOS, iOS jailbroken is amazing but I don’t see any iOS 11 ones even close on the horizon, and a phone that’s quick, because i have always found iPhones to be extremely sluggish

Xiaomi Mi Max 2. It's great if you watch a lot of videos or do other multimedia things.

>can’t use 5T because Sprint sucks ass
Why must they be so shit

Look up the SwiftBlack or SwiftDark themes on the Play store. The devs of those themes specialize in themeing the newer Samsungs.

My Iphone 6 is bricked could you guys suggest me 3 mid tier phones? I've had apple phones since 2008 looking to make a change.

5T has me interested initially,

What do you look for in a phone?

my 5s screen just broke and im looking to buy a new phone instead of wasting moeny on a new screen whats some of the best cheap phones

I absolutely despise the slowdown that all my iphones seem to suffer after having them for a few years.

but honestly nothing too crazy, a nice display, decent memory and processor would do me.

Get the OP5T

Size?

Probably wouldn't go much bigger than the 6.

Well, if you want a phone that's the same size as the iPhone 6, then the XZ1 Compact might be for you:

m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-8610.php

my side girl got a 5S with the screen cracked
still hit me back right away

tfw no straight six dual cam hakosukaphone