Lets talk about hardware you wish they still made it

Lets talk about hardware you wish they still made it.
For me it's this baby. Sony's vaio UX line.
Please make a new one! My life would be better with a new version of this thing docked on my desk.

how can you not love the design of this. Hitsme in the feels man.

I do like the sliding form factor, but the GPD does everything I'd already want.

I hate the fact that the only option for a compact pc besides a laptop is another laptop. Only smaller. Where is the diversity in the handheld pc side of things?

>GPD
Its the only option in 2017. I just can't get myself to buy one of them. Dont like the form and look.

Is it good for more than gaming?

Gaming pad looks like a toddler designed it.
Fucking disgusting.

Win is good for gaming and general PC use when you are okay with holding it in two hands and typing with thumbs, what I generally prefer myself instead of having something like the Pocket that you can only use on a table or lap.

Not what we are talking about.

GPD pocket exists and with an X7 z8750 processor it's far superior to any of those old junker Vaios

I've got the pocket, the keyboard takes a little getting used to but it's a really comfy device overall.

>I've got the pocket, the keyboard takes a little getting used to but it's a really comfy device overall.
I'm sure, it's just personal taste, probably because I've used devices like N900 lots. Also it's nice to have a dedicated device to emulate old systems that I mostly got it for.

>GPD pocket
I just think its sad that in 2017 its the only shape you can find a handheld computer in. I mean like literately none. You would expect at least one manufacturer would fill that gap.

I haven't tried it for emulation but it runs Minecraft alright.

I mostly use mine for studying

There's also the GPD Win

are you really this clueless?

this plus the later vaio P series
no actually I wish the gayPhone came a bit later so we couldve had more umpcs

>old junker Vaios
hey fuck you theres nothing wrong with the vaio umpcs

this is some very poor bait

based

another night in the Sup Forumshetto

add a layer of grime and you have a nice cyberpunk prop

>prop
not just a prop

It was used in a terminator movie. That's enough cyberpunk credit.

cyka blyt

It wasn't a good Terminator movie.

why can't there be a new umpc that's basically a mixture of old sony designs and the oqo with modern specs?

^this
It sounds so ffing logical. I think there is a demand for it and the tech now is almost good enough for this type of product to really excel. I smell kickstarter options.

You could get a windows tablet and a controller that pulls open and dock the tablet in it.

It just isn't the same. The look, the feel, the details. The vaio ux just has that type of edge you don't find anymore.